“very nice”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed three nights last summer. The rooms and surrounding areas were very clean. Customer service was great and it was nice having the hot food for breakfast. The only thing I didn’t care for was the pool area. The outside pool area was extremely small.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Northlake Drury Inn this past weekend. I researched this hotel and decided to give it a try do to the wonderful reviews that I read on tripadvisor.com. The hotel is very clean and the customer service is superior. But the quaility was just not what I expected. This hotel was ranked in the top 3 hotels in Charlotte, NC. The walls of the hotel were very thin. We could hear individuals talking next door as well as in the hall ways. The hotel seemed to be very full the entire time we were there. The breakfast was okay but not great. I read one review about bed bugs and did not find any in our room. The area surrounding the hotel was wonderful. Many resturants, shops, movies, and the mall all withing walking distance. We stayed two nights. Although my only issue was that I expected more, I am not sure if we will return to this hotel or not.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolinamomto2
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for Choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear your enjoyed your clean room and excellent customer service. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each and every guest. We are sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate the comments and this will help us focus on the noise levels in the hotel when we are full. We truly appreciate your business and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this Drury Inn, the first time we'd stayed at this chain. Following check-in we received a phone call from the front desk to insure that everything was up to the standard we expected (and it was!) This was cleanest hotel of any where I've stayed---not a stray hair to be found anywhere in the bathroom, comfortable beds and enough space in the room to move around without bumping into each other.
This was the first time we'd traveled with our dog and the Drury staff were very accommodating--no extra charge for the dog. They only asked that we didn't leave the dog alone for more than a half hour. I'm not sure if we were in a special room reserved for pets but there was no odor in the room.
The value aspect revolves around the free appetizers (and drinks) in the late afternoon and the free breakfast. The appetizers could easily be counted as a meal because there was such a variety of items served on the buffet. When you also consider the free breakfast, the price of the hotel room is an excellent value since it basically includes two meals.
We will continue to seek out Drury Inn and Suites in our future travels!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I hate to use this expression, by Drury offers a very good customer experience. I can't say enough nice things about the chain. They understand the mid-line market and deliver good value and a solid experience.

OK, so there was a daytime shooting in the parking lot of the shopping mall across the street while I was there. I don't hold that against the Drury Inn. :-)

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rw939
Reviewed 7 February 2012

It is getting to the point that if there isn't a Drurys nearby, I don't want to go. The event we were attending had other hotels much closer by that we could have stayed at, but we chose to travel 25 minutes and stay here - that's how much we prefer Drurys! We stayed at this particular location for the first time in early February and were not disappointed. The staff is always pleasant, the evening snacks are great - we make it dinner, and the complementary drinks are a nice touch. The room is spacious and always clean! We travel with our dog and it is so nice to find places that are clean and pet friendly. The breakfast is a step way above most, with eggs, sausage, french toast and more. The mall is across the street, so if you are a shopaholic this place is for you! Good restaurants nearby too, including a TGI Fridays next door. Easy to get to off 77. Great place to stay! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tobandals
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve. This is a pet friendy hotel, and there were lots of dogs there on New Year's Eve. Our room was on the fourth floor, and our dog quickly became an old hand riding the elevator. With that many dogs, there were a few accidents but the staff had them cleaned up within minutes. Our room was clean, the breakfast was one of the nicest I have seen for a hotel in this price range, and best of all, customer service was wonderful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had a great time staying at the Drury Inn & Suites! Everything was exactly as promised. Free continental breakfast every morning! Free drinks and food in the evenings! The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. It was pet friendly which is hard to find in a nice hotel. The hotel was very clean. It is within walking distance to the mall, restaurants, and many shops.
Great price too!!! I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple