“Good hotel for the price”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Drury Inn & Suites was clean, had great food, and had a nice pool area. It was nicely located right off of the interstate and beside the mall with tons of food options. The downside of this hotel, due to its reasonable price, was the type of customers it had. We were at the hotel for two nights and every night people were running up and down the hallway screaming at the top of their lungs. Sadly, not all of these people were children. However, the hotel seemed like a breeding ground for unwatched children. I have never seen so many kids running around without parents in all hours of the day and night. I would recommend this hotel for its price and food, but definitely not the atmosphere. However, it is not the hotel's fault that it seems to attract annoying guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our family (parents and two kids - late teens and early twenties) had a great stop over night on the way to Florida. We arrived in the early evening and the check in was super friendly and helpful. We had two rooms which were both ready and more than met our expectations. We headed down to the happy hour to get a few drinks and found it to have a wide range of food and beverages. We then hit the gym for an hour before heading out across town to check out the Barbecue King Drive in as part of our triple D adventure. We returned and enjoyed the rest of the evening at the hotel but we could have walked to the mall or many restaurants nearby. Its only 1 minute off of the high way but it was totally quiet with no parties. We saw three families with pet dogs in the hotel so it is pet friendly. The breakfast in the morning was filling and had a good variety. We've never been to a Drury Inn before but will be looking for them again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We have 3 kids (6,6 and 3) and the room layout was perfect. My husband and I slept on the fold out and gave the girls the bedroom so we had privacy. Every thing was clean and we got our money's worth with free breakfast and evening snack. The indoor/outdoor pool was really neat and we spent time there every day of our stay. The oversize hot tub was great too.

The exceptional part... We accidentally left all of our coats in the closet and they are shipping them back to syracuse, ny for FREE! Remarkable!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed three nights last summer. The rooms and surrounding areas were very clean. Customer service was great and it was nice having the hot food for breakfast. The only thing I didn’t care for was the pool area. The outside pool area was extremely small.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Northlake Drury Inn this past weekend. I researched this hotel and decided to give it a try do to the wonderful reviews that I read on tripadvisor.com. The hotel is very clean and the customer service is superior. But the quaility was just not what I expected. This hotel was ranked in the top 3 hotels in Charlotte, NC. The walls of the hotel were very thin. We could hear individuals talking next door as well as in the hall ways. The hotel seemed to be very full the entire time we were there. The breakfast was okay but not great. I read one review about bed bugs and did not find any in our room. The area surrounding the hotel was wonderful. Many resturants, shops, movies, and the mall all withing walking distance. We stayed two nights. Although my only issue was that I expected more, I am not sure if we will return to this hotel or not.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolinamomto2
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for Choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear your enjoyed your clean room and excellent customer service. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each and every guest. We are sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate the comments and this will help us focus on the noise levels in the hotel when we are full. We truly appreciate your business and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this Drury Inn, the first time we'd stayed at this chain. Following check-in we received a phone call from the front desk to insure that everything was up to the standard we expected (and it was!) This was cleanest hotel of any where I've stayed---not a stray hair to be found anywhere in the bathroom, comfortable beds and enough space in the room to move around without bumping into each other.
This was the first time we'd traveled with our dog and the Drury staff were very accommodating--no extra charge for the dog. They only asked that we didn't leave the dog alone for more than a half hour. I'm not sure if we were in a special room reserved for pets but there was no odor in the room.
The value aspect revolves around the free appetizers (and drinks) in the late afternoon and the free breakfast. The appetizers could easily be counted as a meal because there was such a variety of items served on the buffet. When you also consider the free breakfast, the price of the hotel room is an excellent value since it basically includes two meals.
We will continue to seek out Drury Inn and Suites in our future travels!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I hate to use this expression, by Drury offers a very good customer experience. I can't say enough nice things about the chain. They understand the mid-line market and deliver good value and a solid experience.

OK, so there was a daytime shooting in the parking lot of the shopping mall across the street while I was there. I don't hold that against the Drury Inn. :-)

Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business