“Ditto on all the positive reviews”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #5 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Toronto, Canada
“Ditto on all the positive reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

This inn is highly recommended if you are driving south on interstate 77. It is located at the edge of Northlake mall, right across from Macy's. It is within walking distance to TGIF and PF Changs.
All the positive reviews are spot on. Checking in only took a few minutes and the staff was most welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the deluxe room with a king bed. Our room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and we were happy that a duvet had replaced the scary bedspread used in other highway motel stops. Breakfast included hot and cold food choices. Fresh fruit was also available. If there is anything negative to say, it would be that the liquid shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensers had no product/brand name on them. The bright red and green liquids made me dig into my bag and use what I had brought from home just to be safe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We booked three rooms and we selected this hotel solely based on TripAdvisor reviews, however:
-the hotel is located within the perimeter of a mall;
-breakfast was a breakfast bar. The coffee was terrible...we actually dumped it out;
-the swimming pool was on public display. We really gave thought to the fact that we would have to parade in front of everyone to use it. As a consequence, we never used the facilities;
-there was no exhaust system in the room...we had to open the door for ventilation;
-we couldn't understand the police stand in the parking lot. It implied there is some sort of issue with crime;
-the handicapped room didn't take into account that somebody not handicapped would be staying in the room. It was made up for one person...and created for someone with a wheelchair.

I don't know know what could be done to make the stay better. I just think that everyone who stays in hotels often should be made truly aware. When we stay in a hotel the expectation is that it would be better than a motel.

We did like the convenience from the highway. It was alright for an overnight stay while traveling. I am certain that for the money that we spent we will try something else.

Room Tip: Never, ever choose a smoking room. We had to wash our clothes at the next stop because everything s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that the hotel location was convenient for you however; we do apologize for the concerns you had during your stay with us. It is always very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us identify and address concerns with our team to make the appropriate changes for our upcoming stays. We thank you for your comments and time and hope that we may have the chance to see you again as our guest.
Pleasant Grove, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

My wife and I were in town for a short visit. We couldn't have picked a better place. The location is perfect, you have plenty of options within walking distance. It's close enough to down town Charlotte.

The staff were very friendly and the services were great. The breakfast is great. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Small City, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel was an easy find on the drive south, yet close enough to facilitate visiting the city centre the next morning. We appreciated the convenience of the adjacent mall. However, what was most welcome to we hungry travellers after a late evening drive were the nearby chain restaurants, notably TGIF. The welcome, room, facilities, and breakfast were A1 but what REALLY set this hotel apart was the free long-distance telephones... even to Canada.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

First stay at a Drury. The property is located on the ring road of a nice shopping center with Macy's, Dillards, Dick's, and Belk as anchors. I typically stay at Hilton Garden or Marriott brands. Drury is comparable but has a few pluses. Online reservations were a snap. Website is intuitive. On arrival I was promptly greeted by a smiling face and a cheery "Welcome" (every time I entered the property I was greeted). Check-in was quick and included a description of amenities when I told them it was my first stay. Two-night stay. The rooms are well appointed and VERY clean. Good smells and crisp sheets. The bedding was very comfortable. They have an indoor pool as well as a small, basic fitness room. They have "hot food" and free drinks in the evening. Food service area is well maintained and clean. There was soup, salad, nachos, and hot dogs available both nights. The entree' the first night was lightly breaded chicken tenders and the second night penne with meatballs in marinara. The entree's and soup were surprising good. Salad was standard bag salad but the hot dogs were 1/4 pounders. All in all a GREAT value. From 5 pm to 10 pm they have a popcorn maker going that makes movie quality fresh popcorn and soft drinks and coffee were available throughout the day. I will book Drury Inns when they are in my destination city. Nicely done Drury!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave75714
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

This hotel is located just outside Northlake Mall. There are lots of dining options nearby. The room was large, clean and quiet. Good breakfast with lots of options. The only drawback is if mall traffic is backed up coming in or going out, you need to sit in it to move around unless you're walking.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Imzpickle
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I usually stay at 5 star properties, but we were at a family event in Charlotte, with the Drury Inn as the designated hotel. My husband and I were so pleasantly surprised by the helpful friendly staff as they greeted us, and told us about the many amenities. Check-in took less than 3 minutes, and our guest suite was roomy and comfortable with free wi-fi no less (wow, you don't get that with upscale properties - go figure). The "snacks" at 5:30 came with free drinks, and could have even been dinner if we didn't have a scheduled event. Breakfast was hot and fresh, plenty for all of us. I guess the only thing missing was a robe and slippers, but I'll forgo that in lieu of all the other accoutrements. I noticed a favorite scarf missing when I got to the airport, called the hotel and the staff bent over backwards trying to find it in the room we just vacated. I hope I didn't make them too crazy, as I did find it later in my belongings (I called them back - they were so gracious about it!) I would go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family