“Great Hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel and our room was very clean and comfortable. All staff we met were friendly! The free breakfast was good with a lot of variety. The best part is our dog could stay with us for free! That means a lot to a pet lover! We love the Drury Brand and this hotel represents them well!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I met my son here, who was coming from Florida. I came from Atlanta and this was a good, safe, central location for us, within easy access from the interstate. There are lots of restraunts closeby and endless shopping options.
We were greeted warmly upon arrival and given a suite facing the mall. Our room was large enough for our group of 4 adults, with a largish living room and bedroom with a door. It was clean and smelled fresh, although there was a small issue with the bathroom. The shower rod came out of the bracket when we hung a towel over it and the blow dryer stopped when my daughter was using it. In all fairness, we didn't report it. We were tired, the beds are very comfortable and the bathroom issues weren't worth moving over, although I'm sure they would have accomadated us if we had.
The pool was down for maintenance, but the kids enjoyed the spa. We enjoyed the managers reception and 2 free drinks. They offered pasta, hot dogs, potatoes, pretzels, salad and fixings. Food was not spectacular, but adequate and enough to keep us satisfied and able to skip dinner out. This is a big money saver if you have several people with you. Service was very good and pleasant.
I would stay here again, it was a bit pricey - $164.00 - for four of us in a suite, but with the location and amenities included, it was worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeniseS76
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights while my husband attended a conference in Charlotte. It was fairly close and easy access to interstate to downtown. This hotel is right across from a large, very nice mall. You can easily walk.
We love Drury Inn and stay in them while traveling every chance we get.
Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The company must put a lot of emphasis on this in training.
Our room was super clean and the beds and linens were very comfy. The bathroom was clean and large. I really like the built in dispensers in the shower.
The free breakfast is heads above most hotels. They offer waffles, oatmeal, biscuits, eggs, potatoes, doughnuts, cereal, yogurt and fruit.
They also have a free snack buffet every night( it could actually be your meal) and free drinks such as soft drinks ,beer and margaritas. Some of the food options are spaghetti, chicken fingers, baked potatoes, soup, vegies and dip and nachos.
Also, free popcorn and soda every afternoon.
I used the gym. It was nice. I think 3 good treadmills, free weights, stair stepper and a bike. They also have an indoor/outdoor pool.
Again, love Drury Inn and this one was awesome!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mmjtr
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We are so happy to have found this hotel!
We make a point of driving all the way from the Toronto, Ontario area in 1 day just so we can stay here. Exceptional staff and amenities, great food at breakfast and also at "Happy Hour".
Coming form Canada, we cannot believe how great and reasonable a first class hotel can be.
By the way, we like this place so much that we always stay here on the return drive as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for one night for work. It is walking distance to Northlake Mall, and less than a mile to many chain restaurants and retail. GREAT location! The Drury staff is always outstanding and goes out of their way to make sure you are having a satisfactory stay! As always, Drury Inn has a "happy hour" from 5:30-7:00 p.m. and free hot breakfast in the morning. Both we had extensive selections in a clean spacious area. Free popcorn and Pepsi fountain products are served until 10:00 p.m.
The beds at Drury are some of my favorite. The room was clean, but the bathroom needed some extra attention. The tub was not thoroughly cleaned and I made the staff aware of this. The room was also very quiet and I was not disturbed by other rooms or hallway noise. One of my favorite amenities was the recliner in the room! You never see that! I love a good recliner, so I was pleasantly surprised!
Overall, a great hotel, and I would definitely stay here again if I am back in this area!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Friendly staff from the front desk to the manager. Reasonable rates. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Nice breakfast (free of charge). Happy hour (two free drinks) including a small hot buffet (also free). Directly across from a large beautiful mall and several restaurants within a short drive. Conveniently located just off I-77.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

A great choice, clean, well managed, a very good and friendly staff whose goal is to please the guests.They make you feel very welcomed.The pool is super, especially half indoor and half outdoor, and a nice size. Work out room well equipped. Also pet friendly, this was quit obvious! All were very quiet and well trained.

Room very clean, comfortable bed, quiet AC, TV is nice but not HD, mini fridge and microwave. Evening snacks and drinks are great. Unlimited soft drinks from 3 to 10, along with fresh popcorn. Two beers or mixed drinks for each adult, each evening. Breakfast average, waffles, sausage, potatoes,oranges, bananas but no apples, toast etc. It's good and the serving area is very clean and comfortable.

The surrounding area includes many restaurants and a large mall. You can walk to the mall and some of the restaurants. Easy acces to all major highways, and close to many attractions.
A very good location.

One of our favorite restaurants was Mimis Cafe, across the street. Excellant staff, excellant food, large portions and a very nice place. Ask for Charles, an excellant waiter!

That's it in a nutshell. We will be back next year at the same time. A very enjoyable stay! A NOTE, we got a better rate by calling direct than we could find on line. Another Drury is located about 7 miles away, closer to Concord.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple