“Very Good But...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Very Good But...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

On return visit, the basic hotel remains very good, with excellent caring staff, great breakfast choices, large and comfortable rooms. However, room carpet needed to have spots removed and furnishings starting to show wear. Suggest that the hotel maintain a list of which pets have previously occupied rooms, as some people are allergic to cats(as was my wife). We could not be certain if a cat had previously occupied the room. Likewise, would suggest that night desk staff have full access to housekeeper supplies on holidays, as kleenex were in short supply.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sanford1
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear that you were very pleased with the staff, your room and breakfast during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, that the maintenance and upkeep of your room was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments have been passed along to both our housekeeping and maintenance departments so they may act promptly to resolve the problem. It is our mission for our guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Katherine Conrad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Blountville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our stay at The Drury Inn was enjoyable as usual. The room was clean. The Staff was friendly and helpful. It is very convenient to I 77 and since it is next to the Northlake Mall make my wife happy. We always stay at one of the two Drury Inns when we are in Charlotte. I wish there were more of them in the South East. We usually get the two room suite which has loads of room and large TVs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was the perfect place for us to stay, breaking up our 2 day drive from Florida. We have 2 kids and 2 dogs, so the 2 queen suite was large enough for us to all fit comfortably. The door separating the living room from the bedroom is a luxury for us when traveling. It's so nice to not have to force yourself to go to bed when you put the kids down. Mia at the front desk was super friendly and accommodating. When we went down to get fresh popped popcorn and sodas (offered for free until 10pm) the cart was empty. She willingly indulged our children and popped more. We enjoyed the nearby shopping and restaurants as well as the breakfast and pool/hot tub. This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and we have already checked out other locations. The kids are hoping to find the muffin man at one of our future stays.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed at this Drury Inn many times on the way down to Hilton Head. This year I booked directly using the eSaver rate. I later found much better rates through booking.com, etc. I called to ask if they could possibly waive the $25 cancellation fee as there were such better rates through the third party booking sites, and was rudely answered with "no, is there anything else I can do for you?". Well, you didn't do anything for me to begin with, so I guess not. Terrible customer service for a loyal customer that used to recommend this hotel. To be clear, this was not the desk at the hotel, this was central booking I was speaking with.

Oh well. We'll be staying there tomorrow night, and from now on we'll go to the Comfort Suites about 1/2 mile away that is just as nice and costs about $40 less.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank George M
raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

stayed for one night in a 2 queen room. It was clean, quick check in and decent breakfast. Employees we encountered were friendly, no issues. Hotel is located within a shopping mall parking lot so when we exited hotel for dinner to access interstate, traffic was heavy and that took a while to get out.

we did have some very noisy neighbors who stayed up late (teenage girls) so that was annoying, no fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one away from the teenage girls
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
jsidebo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was the families 3rd stay at the Drury. It's always one night on the drive back from Florida. It's never been a disappointment.

The hotel is within walking distance to the mall and there's a variety of stores and restaurants along the road. It is very convenient to I 77.

Check in was quick and the front desk staff friendly. We have stayed in a suite all three times. A large living room with the furniture and TV set back from the front door a ways which makes it quieter. A comfortable king size bed and a queen pull out. A nice recliner in the living room as well. The wet bar / refrigerator is very accessible. An OK size bathroom. Personally I'm not a fan or the soap / shampoo dispensers but I'm sure it's more economical for the hotel Overall a great room.

So after a week and a half in Florida and a day's drive we didn't particularly want to go out again and we took advantage of the light supper at the hotel. There's certainly enough food and a variety. The menu varies by the day of the week. You can get two adult beverage each at this hotel, not three like many Drurys. There's also soft drinks and popcorn. After a day's driving it was more than enough.

The breakfast was the usual Drury fare which is pretty good.

We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites seem to be near the end of the hallways where it's quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Florida on an emergency basis, and remembered really liking the Drury a couple of years ago. The hotel itself still appears to be well maintained, and the service was still good. What was a HUGE turn-off to my husband and I was at our time of arrival. I had called ahead to make a reservation, and we didn't arrive at the hotel until about 10pm. The hotel has a large mall adjacent to it. As we pulled up to the front door, large gangs of "teenagers" were roaming the parking lot, and had somehow taken over the front lobby. We had to pass through them to walk into the reception area...none of them appeared to have a card key to enter the building, and the ones that had somehow made it inside were letting the other ones in. I asked the desk clerk if they were staying here, and she said that they were not. I told her that they were using the elevators and so forth, behaving like "guests". When we parked our car in order to bring our luggage in, about a dozen of the "teenagers" were walking past our car, horsing around, seemed drunk and were definitely not giving me a good feeling about leaving my vehicle in the parking lot. I went back in and told the clerk that she may have a problem in the lot, and she said the police were on their way. We went upstairs to our room, but I was worried about my car all night. When we departed early the following morning, it appeared that the police officer had been there all night. Based upon this, I would not stay at this hotel again. Although the hotel itself was fine, this now gave the impression of being in a bad area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for choosing the Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake. We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests to ensure our hotel is staying on track with our high level of service standards. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

Please know that your comfort and security is our top priority and I along with my team take your concerns very seriously. We want you to know that your comments have been shared with our front desk team. We have also addressed your concerns with the local security. It is our constant goal for each of our guests to enjoy their stay and be completely satisfied. Your comments will help us work to achieve this goal. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Kindest regards,