Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
US$312
US$129
US$113
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
All reviewsnorthlake mallbaked potatofree popcorna large shopping mallfree food and drinksparking lotfree dinnerevening snacksoff the highwayroom suitetwo queen bedshot breakfasthot tubawesome hotelnorth carolinawould definitely stay here againoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We experienced a power outage in our neighborhood and with the temperatures expected to be in the 20's staying in the house was not an option. We made some quick phone calls and found this one. Although this site has been around since 2008 we had never stayed here before. The service from the front desk (thanks to Geneva who was working) to the maintenance person who gave us a jump when my battery died we have no complaints about the hotel.

We really enjoyed the free breakfast selections and my husband really enjoyed the coffee which is not really like him. I enjoyed the free wi-fi, which had a strong signal and accommodated my laptop and my Kindle Fire. The bed, what can I say - it was perfect and we both slept great. I like all of the marble in the bathroom.

If I had one suggestion for the hotel it would be to provide more outlets or better yet, provide a strip at the desk so that your business travelers can plug in not only their laptops, but other chargers that they may have with them including cell phones and other electronic devises. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

On return visit, the basic hotel remains very good, with excellent caring staff, great breakfast choices, large and comfortable rooms. However, room carpet needed to have spots removed and furnishings starting to show wear. Suggest that the hotel maintain a list of which pets have previously occupied rooms, as some people are allergic to cats(as was my wife). We could not be certain if a cat had previously occupied the room. Likewise, would suggest that night desk staff have full access to housekeeper supplies on holidays, as kleenex were in short supply.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sanford1
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear that you were very pleased with the staff, your room and breakfast during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear, though, that the maintenance and upkeep of your room was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments have been passed along to both our housekeeping and maintenance departments so they may act promptly to resolve the problem. It is our mission for our guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Katherine Conrad

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our stay at The Drury Inn was enjoyable as usual. The room was clean. The Staff was friendly and helpful. It is very convenient to I 77 and since it is next to the Northlake Mall make my wife happy. We always stay at one of the two Drury Inns when we are in Charlotte. I wish there were more of them in the South East. We usually get the two room suite which has loads of room and large TVs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was the perfect place for us to stay, breaking up our 2 day drive from Florida. We have 2 kids and 2 dogs, so the 2 queen suite was large enough for us to all fit comfortably. The door separating the living room from the bedroom is a luxury for us when traveling. It's so nice to not have to force yourself to go to bed when you put the kids down. Mia at the front desk was super friendly and accommodating. When we went down to get fresh popped popcorn and sodas (offered for free until 10pm) the cart was empty. She willingly indulged our children and popped more. We enjoyed the nearby shopping and restaurants as well as the breakfast and pool/hot tub. This was our first stay at a Drury Inn and we have already checked out other locations. The kids are hoping to find the muffin man at one of our future stays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed at this Drury Inn many times on the way down to Hilton Head. This year I booked directly using the eSaver rate. I later found much better rates through booking.com, etc. I called to ask if they could possibly waive the $25 cancellation fee as there were such better rates through the third party booking sites, and was rudely answered with "no, is there anything else I can do for you?". Well, you didn't do anything for me to begin with, so I guess not. Terrible customer service for a loyal customer that used to recommend this hotel. To be clear, this was not the desk at the hotel, this was central booking I was speaking with.

Oh well. We'll be staying there tomorrow night, and from now on we'll go to the Comfort Suites about 1/2 mile away that is just as nice and costs about $40 less.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family