“Very Happy!”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was very happy with my experience with Drury Inn. We stay 2 nights while attending a friend's wedding. The room was larger than I expected and the hotel was nicer than I expected. Free breakfast was terrific and the staff were very helpful and very accommodating. Parking was no problem. They allowed pets and the room was immaculate - could never tell a pet had been in this room (I loved having my pet with me!). The only tiny thing I didn't love were the pillows - they were too soft and small - but there were lots of them! I would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We chose to stay at this Drury Hotel because it was rated the best in the area of Charlotte and we can see why. The staff is outstanding and they are very attentive to your needs. Ms. Shalai
Coakley is the front office manager and one can easily see that her staff follows her lead in making guests feel appreciated and comfortable. When we called to make the reservation we explained to her that we might be in Charlotte for an extended period due to our son's new born baby being place in ICU after a very difficult birth. Ms. Coakley's sweet and compassionate spirit was evident from the beginning conversation and especially when we checked into the hotel.
We were blessed to have met Ms. Coakley and to have stayed at this Drury Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My only quibble, and it's a small one, is the new pet fee. Drury truly was a pet friendly hotel but has succumbed to the fee, which to conscientious owners feels like a cash grab. The VAST MAJORITY of damage, dirt and noise is caused by PEOPLE, not well behaved dogs. Yes, yes, there are those idiots who leave their dogs to bark and don't pick up poop, but most travelers with dogs are keenly aware of those issues and want to keep nice hotels pet friendly.

Drury didn't go overboard, it's a $10 fee, but ... while my Bruce snored sleeping on his own blankie, the kids down the hall screamed and played tag in the hall. They stay for "free" (no extra charge.) It's people who leave garbage in the halls and stairs, it's people who destroy stuff and leave the rooms a mess, it's people who blast their TV's till the wee hours.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stkittchick
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This Drury Inn works for us: the staff is friendly, the suite is big, and the place is pet-friendly. Parking is convenient, food and beverage service is simple but adequate, and everything in the room works the way it's supposed to work. An honest, straightforward hotel that's a decent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is across the street from the mall. It is within walking distance and close to several restaurants. It is about 15 to 20 minutes to the downtown area. The hotel is dog friendly and pet fees are cheaper than any I've seen. The staff are very friendly and go out the way to make you feel at home. The rooms are clean and dinner each evening is a plus if you don't feel like going out or trying to cut costs during your stay. Love this hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Though we had a few bumps (no fresh towels or maid service during our two day stay) the front desk was so friendly and nice, and professional, it made us feel welcomed! The popcorn in the afternoon was a cute treat. There is free food and drinks in the evening and breakfast. It is free. It was fine. The location next to a mall and movie theater was handy. I was pleased and the Drury Inn exceeded my expectations. Loved sitting in my recliner in the room too!

Room Tip: We liked the sixth floor just fine!
1  Thank KellyRedMom
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our front desk team provided you with exceptional service. However, I apologize for the housekeeping concerns you had during your stay. It is always very helpful for us to hear from our guests because it helps us identify and address concerns with our team to make the appropriate changes. We thank you for your comments and time and hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Katherine Conrad

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here because of the rating on Trip Advisor, and this is the first time that I felt the rating was not justified. First, the location is not anywhere near the I-85 exit in Charlotte. It is over 5 miles from the exit. The only plus is that it is located near a mall. They did offer free snacks, evening drinks and nibbles, and breakfast, but it was not anything special. The room was just average. The towels in the bathroom were thin and rough, but one thing that I was very disappointed in was the lack of selection of newspapers. Usually, a hotel has the USA Today and at least the local paper. When I approached the newspapers, I saw 4 stacks, but found out that the USA Today was separated into the front page, sports, life, and money sections. I had never seen this done before. In the morning I checked the papers again, and sure enough there were the sections separated again. I do not know how this hotel is rated so highly, but I would suggest you skip this hotel.

2  Thank Jennie J
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and I sincerely apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. Our hotel is conveniently located off I-77 and we would like to apologize for any incorrect information you may have received. Your issues have been addressed with our staff so we make appropriate changes.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you as our guest again!

Kind regards,