“I found out why this is rated number 1!”

Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Ranked #6 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 5 December 2010

These rooms were roomy,nice and very clean. The staff...I cannot say enough about. They were all very helpful and very nice. From the front desk, to the food area. The food was very good and well presented. I did not leave hungry after breakfast or after the dinner snack! This is also a great location. Right next to a mall, and restaurants as well as being a great location. Going downtown, to the airport or wherever, was a snap from here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake

Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed at the Drury hotel in October for the NASCAR race in Charlotte and enjoyed our stay very much. There were only a couple of annoyances, which were not that big of a deal but I'll include them here for your information.

First, the hotel is very well placed if you are looking to take in a race. On the first race day, the Nationwide race on Saturday, it took us only 15 minutes to get back to our room from the track after the race, which was quite an unexpected surprise. This could have as much to do with the efficiency of the track staff and design of the road ways as it was the track location in proximity to the hotel but it’s worth mentioning.

After the big race on Sunday it only took us about a half hour to get home once we hit the roadway out of the parking lots at the track. It was the parking lot where we spent the most time on the big race day (an hour before we began to move but once we did we moved nicely). I’ve heard horror stories about how long it’s taken to get home from races and due to the location of the Drury it was extremely painless.

Also a plus, is the location in terms of restaurants and shopping. I was delighted to find out there was a Macy’s across the street. We don’t have one anywhere near where I live so that was great news. Also, there were restaurants within walking distance, which was great because we were looking to stretch our legs during out stay.

There’s a great coffee place too just down the road called Pantera Bread. Some will know of the chain, others may not so I mention it because they have fabulous coffee if you’re not aware. The hotel will be able to give you easy directions. The front desk staff were very accommodating with advice on where to go or eat.

The only complaints I had are these:

The walls are paper thin and you can hear people sneezing and coughing as though they’re in your room. This was not an issue because the sneezy fellow next to us was quiet other than his cold symptoms.  If there were chatty or party people next to us we may have had an issue though. It’s important to note that our neighbours were fine and we were not disturbed once and sadly, this isn’t a unique problem to this hotel. Many hotels I’ve stayed in have this issue.

The only other issue we had was trying to get into the hotel one night after 10 or 11 p.m. They lock the doors after this time at night and you have to use your key to get in, to the left of the door entrance. It didn’t work on the night we tried to enter and we would have been locked out had someone not figured out how to open the doors by pulling on them. Even the person inside couldn’t get the doors to open and the front desk staff were gone from the desk, which happens on the night shift a fair bit, so we found.

Other than these things, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and convenient and the staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Spent one nite on way to GA with wife and dog. No extra charge for pets. Located "on" mall property with plenty of dining and shopping options. No need to travel elsewhere. Very clean, comfortable quiet rooms. Plenty of safe, grassy areas to walk dog. Traffic can be a little crazy due to the mall. Had a welcome reception with free drinks and food. Would stay here if in the area again without a doubt. No regrets!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Recently stayed here while traveling. I chose this hotel because of the high rating on TripAdvisor. I.m picky, especially about cleanliness.This hotel met all expectancies, and more. A well thought-out system is in place to make guests feel welcome. There's plenty of seating for the highly rated breakfast and evening "snack", which is much more than just a snack. The choice of beverages from wine,beer, mixed drinks, and sodas was a nice touch. Pool and exercise facilities were clean and well maintained. A terrific value all around. Wish there were more across the country!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Very nice hotel, I'm glad we came. Trip Advisor is invaluable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed at this location while my kids were out for fall break and we took a trip to Discovery Place and Carowinds. I had never stayed at this hotel chain before but the amenties attracted me. The price was great for the location. This hotel is right in the Northwoods Mall parking lot. Excellent location for Christmas shopping. Check-in was quick and easy. The room was very clean. Everything looked new. The beds were verey comfortable. The kids loved the free popcorn and drinks. The free dinner was a little disapointing, although the free adult beverages helped make up for some of that. It was nice to not have to worry about dinner. Would have been nice to have a few more options but, hey, it was free! I think the options during the week are a little better than the weekend options. The hot tub was awesome, if I had had it to myself. The pool was cold because it was an indoor/outdoor pool. The kids swam anyway and would go back and forth from the pool to the hottub so they enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely stay at this location again when I'm back in Charlotte.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Based on other reviews, we decided to try this hotel. We were pleased with everything about this hotel. We had a two room suite, which was clean and everything was in working order. The LCD TVs were very nice - one in each room. And the perks were great - free popcorn and drinks, snacks at dinnertime were like having a meal, and a full breakfast buffet. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple