The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsbltbar cocoalobby loungedouble sinksbathroom mirrorsteam roomroom servicein room diningan executive suitequiet sidebeautiful hotelluxury hotelvalet staffvalet parkingthe entire stafffitness centerupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was here for a meeting; the decor and ambience of the hotel is New South and I found it both hip and tasteful. Food and beverage and meeting venue were excellent. Room was excellent; everything was thought out well with the room design from lighting to bathroom design. Gym, pool and jacuzzi at the top of the hotel were very good (gym could use a bicep curl). Spa was very good although the massage room was chilly with a draft. On a Sunday evening, there is not a lot of food available in the hotel but there are decent restaurants within 2 blocks walk. I had a room overlooking the street and didn't hear a thing through the windows. All in all, definitely the best hotel in town -- the others are 4 star chains or below.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 649ic
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Ritz is beautiful in a clean energy sort of way. Very low lighting and LED Certified I believe. Rooms are quite comfortable and always very clean. Amenities are great with a spa and a rooftop indoor pool. The staff is great and service is outstanding. Especially Allyce Patten who made our stay very comfortable. Location of this hotel is great. Right in the middle of all the hopping action in Charlotte, NC.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and my room was great both times. Not sure there is a bad room in the place. Be sure to take advantage of the workout facility that has great views and the pool as well!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJFergi
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in the end of March. It was truly fantastic. The service from start to finish was exemplary, and the room was spacious and comfortable.

Service: Excellent. The front desk was friendly and accommodating when I checked in and when I needed a taxi to the airport the next morning. They were prompt in bringing up room service and made sure to ask if there was anything else they could do for me. I was impressed at their ability to be friendly and attentive, but not overly intrusive.

Food: I got room service from BLT Steak. It's expensive, but was probably one of the best filet mignons I've ever had. If you're only here for a short time, as I was, get the steak! You'll appreciate it and it's worth it if you only do it once. It came on a nice platter and was well-presented. Breakfast the next morning was tasty, delivered promptly to my table in the lobby, and reasonably priced.

Room: The room was very nice. It was their standard Deluxe room, but it's larger than you'd expect. You enter and there is a rather long hallway that leads you to the main room, where there is soft lighting and mood music playing. On the left is the gigantic bathroom, complete with standalone tub, shower, and separate partitioned room for the toilet. There are double sinks with a television built into the mirror. The main room is twice the size of what one would expect. The bed is huge and ridiculously comfortable, and there is a desk and sitting area. There is lots of space for storing clothes (closets, dressers, etc.) and everything seems to be thought of. There are plugs for various phones and electronics, a white noise machine, slippers and robes, extra pillows, blankets, magazines, a large television, a well-stocked mini bar, and even a little box for the remote control. The room, mine on the 11th floor, looks out over the Charlotte skyline and a contemporary office building. The blackout curtains were very effective, and the iPod dock had quality sound.

Ambience/Amenities: The entire hotel is elegant and modern. It is classy, but has convenient and modern touches throughout. The lobby is stunning, and the breakfast area is comfortable and enjoyable. At night there are people enjoying cocktails in the lobby, and there is an amazing chocolate bar that had the most delicious looking treats. Upstairs, on the 18th floor, there is the wonderful indoor pool. It is cold, but there are lots of plush towels to use, and there is a hot tub to warm up in, followed by towels covered in eucalyptus for refreshment and bottled water. One can also sit on comfortable lounge chairs and look out over the uptown area of Charlotte.

Location: I was there for a short time, so I didn't explore much beyond the hotel, but it seems to be in a hopping, well-established and populated area with arenas, shops, restaurants, bars and convention-type places all within walking distance.

The airport is located about 15 minutes away, and will be $25 to or from the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel. It is the place to stay in Charlotte for a luxury excursion. Enjoy it!

Room Tip: The rooms are all on high floors, I believe, but the higher the better! My room was large and sunny, and didn't have a lot of noise from the crowds below.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ericvg
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with superb service, but nothing can make up for the noise coming from the club across the street. All you can hear is loud music and traffic from 11 pm - 2 am. They have sound machines in every room but it didnt really mask the vibrating and thumping of the bass from dance music!

The room was to die for, we had an executive suite. Just gorgeous, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, professional and efficient but what is the point if you can not sleep!

Last time we stayed here we had a room on the other side of the hotel which was less noisy but still not quiet. I have lived in NYC so I am used to city noise but this was crazy. It is really a shame because this may be one of my favorite hotels if I could actually sleep when there!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank evianlives
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here for a night heading back home from college touring. Really disappointed no Club level here. Never had stayed at a RC with no Club level. Front desk upgraded us to a 2 queen executive suite. Beautiful room! Beautiful views of the city. Very spacious. Pretty expensive to park ($30) but breakfast was a bargain....$10 bankers breakfast, coffee, eggs, choice of meat, potaoes and toast.
The pool is located on the 18th floor I think and is enclosed but looks out over the city, very nice.
They also have a bar for just guests located on the 15th floor but we didn't have a drink there. The valet told us about a sushi place directly across the street, great sushi, but pricey.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family