“Above Average for Downtown Charlotte”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #16 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My overall stay was very good. I was in Charlotte on a business trip, and the accommodations were great for both working and relaxing. The only negative was that arrived late in the day and the only room available was handicap accessible...not my favorite. However, the next day, they were able to move me and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my stay. The in-room desk was great, the king size bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on a higher floor. This is across from the Charlotte Epicenter and there...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on business several times now, and the hotel is excellent. The rooms are fantastic, with a television built into the mirror. The swimming pool and hot tub are to die for, with fantastic views of the city at night. My only negative is that the queen rooms are all adjoining. While I stay in a king room while I am there, when I traveled there with my family, the queen room was not laid out in the same efficient way as the king room. It seemed smaller, and crowded, and I kept the coffeemaker on the floor in order to make my coffee in the morning. In the King Room, there is a cabinet that the coffeemaker sits on, making it quite efficient and easy. In August when I traveled on business with my family, there were a few glitches. The room did not have a hair dryer in it, and partway through the day, the room lost power. In both cases, the issue was corrected as soon as possible, and it did not impact anything that my family wanted to do.
I still gave the Ritz-Carlton a 5 star rating, because even though in the queen room there are some slight inconveniences, the overall experience is still tremendous. And because I have stayed often on business, when I check in, they greet me as if I were "coming home" and that is a wonderful feeling when you are traveling and away from your family for a week.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor so I can have a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on businesses twice this year and was able to take advantage of the corporate rate, so I cannot speak to the value of this hotel but I can say that my stay was wonderful and I didn't want to leave!
The room had a wonderful king bed with comfy sheets and pillows. There is plenty of storage for clothing with two big closets. The TV is large, my only suggestion is to have more channels available- no AMC on a Sunday night was disappointing! The bathroom is immaculate- a TV is embedded in the mirror and the large soaking tub is heaven. Asprey products are provided and are also available for purchase at the spa upstairs. The elevators are generously marked and there was easy access to Founders Hall. I don't recommend that wine bar the Urban Sip unless you are nearing retirement and independently wealthy. That seemed to be the crowd on a Thursday night. There's a lot happening uptown anyway.
Overall, great stay, wonderful attentive staff. Wish I had more business in Charlotte to justify another stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cagiorda
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

As nice as the rooms, decor, and layout are, in my two recent stays it is the service attitude and execution that stands out! While some things (breakfast as an example) can be expensive you do get a world class experience!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 88BA88
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel is excellent. clean, neat, trendy, new feel, excellent service, great internal restaurants, work out facility is tremendous with every workout equipment you can think of to include classes and an awesome 360 view of the city, spa is full service and best I have ever seen(according to wife) with dynamic facilities. Swimming pool and hot tube have an incredible view and is great place to go 24 hours a day, after a spa treatment, to have a meal that can be delivered, sun bath or simply relax. We stayed in a suite that had excellent bathroom shower and spa tub, double sinks, separate toilet stall closet space, large flat screen tv's and incredible 360 view. they provided a bottle of champagne and no ordinary anniversary cake to our room, which was a major surprise since we only vaguely mentioned that it was our anniversary weekend but out focus was dropping our daughter off at college. only downside was the noise from the street, bands and night life were in full swing each evening but eventually died down around 2am. Even the noise was not that significant but i would recommend getting a room to the back of the hotel. I definitely intend to stay in the future anytime I am in Charlotte or near a Ritz Hotel.

Room Tip: ask to stay towards back of hotel due to night life, I would definitely recommend a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank johnAH52
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Checked in this afternoon for a one night anniversary stay. Front desk staff upgraded us (gratis) to an Executive suite...1000 sq ft. Of loveliness. Room service accidentally knocked on our door mid afternoon looking to deliver a snack to another guest. After a gazillion apologies, they returned 30 minutes later with a bottle of wine and a cheese tray to further Mak amends. Again, on the house. The rates are not cheap, but the Ritz Charlotte is a wonderful example of you get what you pay for!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Ritz Carlton Does an amazing job with customer service and luxury. They truly get it and it is seen everywhere in this hotel. The service is impeccable. The staff greet you by your name and personalize your visit. The rooms are very well appointed, comfortable and clean. Luxury at its finest! The hotel is centrally located and very comfortable to walk around the city of Charlotte. You may pay extra but it's well worth the Cost. Can't wait to go back again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple