The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsbltbar cocoalobby loungedouble sinksbathroom mirrorsteam roomroom servicein room diningan executive suitequiet sidebeautiful hotelluxury hotelvalet staffvalet parkingthe entire stafffitness centerupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This will be one of my shorter reviews. But, I think a lot can be said by the title. This was our first stay in a Ritz property. I am now ruined to any other hotel stay. We decided to stay in uptown Charlotte for our 16th wedding anniversary. This hotel is directly across the street from one of the best parts of Charlotte, the Epicenter. From the moment we arrived, it was clear that the level of personalized service was going to surpass most hotels that we have experienced. We were greeted by name and were given a glass of champagne. As we walked into our suite (Parlor Suite) we barely got settled in when the doorbell rang. A gentleman was standing there with a happy anniversary cake and congratulatory card. Our suite was very spacious. For the slight upgrade in price, I would highly recommend the upgrade. We also got complimentary valet and breakfast. One word of caution: When we booked this reservation, I was told by the booking agent that staying at this property would earn Marriott points on my Marriott Rewards card. HOWEVER, I was informed after not seeing the points show up that because we booked a "package" (breakfast and valet) that our stay was not eligible for reward points. This was completely contradictory to what we were told at the time we booked. That is a shame.

The hotel was very clean and nicely appointed. The service at the hotel was awesome. We had an incredible stay and I highly recommend this property! Check out BLT Steak and Urban Sip. Great entertainment.

Room Tip: Think about whether you want to stay on the side that faces the EpiCenter. You can hear the music blasting out of the clubs below. It did not keep us awake, but it is noticeable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed here several times as an in-town get-away. The property is perfectly located in the center of Uptown Charlotte. The interiors are sleek and modern and ultra clean. Beds are amazing and all the little extras (soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc) are fabulous.

This is also a 'green' hotel, which is marvelous!

I reserved a suite for my birthday recently and invited a few girlfriends to enjoy a night on the town followed by a spa day. The living room of the suite was huge, with space for a full size couch, two large upholstered chairs, coffee table, dining room table and an office area (plus fridge and bar area). Because it was a corner suite, there were floor to ceiling windows on two walls over-looking bustling Uptown. The bathroom was simply amazing-- TV in the mirror, huge bath tub, walk in shower, separate loo.
All this for $349-- for four people!

Complementing the fabulous rooms and suites is the spa and pool. Either pay $25, or get any spa service (even a manicure) to gain access to the wellness area *DO NOT MISS THIS* Changing out of your clothes and into a bathing suit, you are snuggled into a cozy bathrobe and the relaxation begins: Several specialty showers, including an 'experience shower', large steam room, large dry sauna and a large, super quiet 'relax lounge', full of cushy couches, chaise lounges and magazines. Natural, fruit-infused waters and hot teas-- you can even order food or drinks from room service. It is Heavenly. The only drawback (in my opinion) is that it is gender segregated, rather than co-ed. It would be great to experience this relaxation with my husband, too.

For people living with driving distance to Charlotte, check out Ritz-Carlton's website to find the least expensive time to stay (weekends always have lower rates). It is a fabulous splurge that is worth every penny!

Room Tip: In the warmer months, request a room at the back of the hotel-- views are not as good, but there is often an outdoor concert playing at the Epicenter (across the street) that can go on until the wee hours of the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My overall stay was very good. I was in Charlotte on a business trip, and the accommodations were great for both working and relaxing. The only negative was that arrived late in the day and the only room available was handicap accessible...not my favorite. However, the next day, they were able to move me and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my stay. The in-room desk was great, the king size bed was very comfortable and it was very quiet.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on a higher floor. This is across from the Charlotte Epicenter and there is definitely traffic and people noise on the lower floors. Also, room service is excellent and the in-room coffee is very good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on business several times now, and the hotel is excellent. The rooms are fantastic, with a television built into the mirror. The swimming pool and hot tub are to die for, with fantastic views of the city at night. My only negative is that the queen rooms are all adjoining. While I stay in a king room while I am there, when I traveled there with my family, the queen room was not laid out in the same efficient way as the king room. It seemed smaller, and crowded, and I kept the coffeemaker on the floor in order to make my coffee in the morning. In the King Room, there is a cabinet that the coffeemaker sits on, making it quite efficient and easy. In August when I traveled on business with my family, there were a few glitches. The room did not have a hair dryer in it, and partway through the day, the room lost power. In both cases, the issue was corrected as soon as possible, and it did not impact anything that my family wanted to do.
I still gave the Ritz-Carlton a 5 star rating, because even though in the queen room there are some slight inconveniences, the overall experience is still tremendous. And because I have stayed often on business, when I check in, they greet me as if I were "coming home" and that is a wonderful feeling when you are traveling and away from your family for a week.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor so I can have a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on businesses twice this year and was able to take advantage of the corporate rate, so I cannot speak to the value of this hotel but I can say that my stay was wonderful and I didn't want to leave!
The room had a wonderful king bed with comfy sheets and pillows. There is plenty of storage for clothing with two big closets. The TV is large, my only suggestion is to have more channels available- no AMC on a Sunday night was disappointing! The bathroom is immaculate- a TV is embedded in the mirror and the large soaking tub is heaven. Asprey products are provided and are also available for purchase at the spa upstairs. The elevators are generously marked and there was easy access to Founders Hall. I don't recommend that wine bar the Urban Sip unless you are nearing retirement and independently wealthy. That seemed to be the crowd on a Thursday night. There's a lot happening uptown anyway.
Overall, great stay, wonderful attentive staff. Wish I had more business in Charlotte to justify another stay!

• Stayed: June 2013