The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
US$391
US$287
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewsbltbar cocoalobby loungedouble sinksbathroom mirrorsteam roomroom servicein room diningan executive suitequiet sidebeautiful hotelluxury hotelvalet staffvalet parkingthe entire stafffitness centerupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at the Ritz in Charlotte a few times for work. Great location, especially if you work for the behemoth bank with offices just down the street. I love that the business station in the room has numerous office supplies. The beds are fabulous and the bath/shower are Great as well. Looking forward to more stays when I am in town again for work.

Room Tip: The flags outside rooms on the third floor can be quite loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gwenni8
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Charlotte location for a wedding the night of May 3rd. The welcome reception, front desk, valet were all truly AWESOME. Friendly, amiable, and able to carry on conversation. The room I had was comfortable, spacious, and was properly filled with excellent amenities. The TV in the mirror in the bathroom is really nice, and adds a nice touch to the room. The wedding we attended there was top notch, first class all the way. The food, banquet servers, and stations were amazing. The pool on the 18th floor is worth it, great views of Charlotte and very quiet if you go early on a Sunday Morning. It's not cheap, but it definitely was worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear rjgibson86,

I enjoyed reading your review! Thank you for your kind compliments on our guest rooms, the pool, and the overall service you experienced while attending a wedding celebration.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

David Rothwell

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay here frequently for work, and have always thoroughly enjoyed the service from both front desk and BLT- I love being on a first name basis with the bar and service staff there! BLT does have the best steaks in town- and custom ground burgers. Rooms are spacious, and the bathrooms feature separate showers and tubs just meant for soaking.

This last time was my first night on the EpiCenter side (EpiCenter is a bridge and tunnel draw in Uptown) and boy was I blown away by the noise from the outdoor performance stage that bounces up the street side of the property. Ironically, my New York apartment is quieter! From Thursday onwards if you can't get a "garden side room" stay elsewhere- even the maintenance staff person who brought me earplugs complained about the noise he could hear in my room.

Shame such a gorgeous property is marred by the placement of an outdoor sound stage- and more importantly how it mars a pricey stay.

The pluses- lovely rooms, espresso makers, a wonderfully equipped gym and an accommodating team. And usually, good recognition of my status as an Elite member of the RC Rewards program. The minus- well, we covered that above.

Keep trying RC-

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Evmare,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with the Trip Advisor community. I am so pleased that your previous visits have always been positive and that you've enjoyed the hotel's beautiful accommodations, services and BLT Steak restaurant.

I am very sorry to hear that your recent experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (704) 549-4199. I look forward to hearing from you.

David Rothwell

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Make sure you get to the pool, it's beautiful view of the city is worth it! The staff was nice and accommodating. The Doorman was busy and wasn't able to catch the door all the time for me and the kids and our bags and strollers, but they were nice and tried. The Suite was nicely appointed and clean. I enjoyed it. we had a room over the banquets and you couldn't even hear the wedding going on. Fire alarm went off the morning of departure just before 6am in the rain, down and out to a parking garage with about 30 other guests and 15 cooks that had a hotel radio. Heard chatter on radio and then they all left and didn't say anything. We stayed out for another 15 mins with nobody coming back, so walked out and asked doorman if it's clear. We were good to go. Surprised the staff didn't send anyone out to tell us it was ok to come back...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This Ritz Carlton is one of the better of the bunch. The service is great and everyone is always so friendly and courteous. Rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms have tons of room. The pool is on the top with great views and a huge hot tub. This is a very nice property within proximity of everything downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms on the urban garden side are quieter, try to get a higher floor if on street side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple