“Holy cow the neighbors are loud”

The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
Ranked #18 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What can I say? It's a gorgeous hotel - diamonds and bees in the lobby with a flute of Prosecco to greet me, what's not to like? Oh wait, that would be the HORRIBLY THUMPING NIGHT CLUB outside our room when we were trying to sleep. Apparently they're across the street from you and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Since I'm not 23, I no longer find this cool. And, the kind man who showed us to our room just happened to forget to tell us that there was a noise cancelling machine, which would've been nice to know when we were still up after 1AM. RC Charlotte - you are beautiful but not worth it. I'm staying up the street with your cousin the next time (but I will visit Bar Cocoa for a treat on the way back from Rooster's.)

(I did not have breakfast but TA is not letting me undo that rating.)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank x7p3p
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear x7p3p,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you.

Feedback is extremely important to us and if your time permits, I may be reached directly at this number (704) 549-4199. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

6/15/14

Dear Mr. Rothwell,

We just want to thank you for a FABULOUS stay at the Ritz Carlton Charlotte! From the very start, everything ran completely smoothly. Your bellman took great care of us as did the front desk. The special ice cream treats went over very well upon check-in, and then the children were greeted with chocolates, cupcakes, and fruit upon arrival to our rooms upstairs. We were all very surprised by the delicious snacks!

BLT Steak also took the Ritz service to another level. Our waiter was quite attentive, and he took care of the children in a very special way by the end of the meal. We enjoyed every bit of what we ordered, and were quite stuffed by the end of our meal.

The next morning we knew that the gym would be the first place we would visit after all of this indulgence. Wow! What a beautiful gym and spa. Everything was meticulous and in great shape. We had a chance to dip our toes in the hot tub afterward, and the pool area was so relaxing.

What we learned from our short visit to the Ritz Carlton is this: WE WILL BE BACK FOR MORE! You have a beautiful hotel and you should be proud of all the ladies and gentleman who have made our experience an exceptional one. Thank you again for all that you have done to coordinate the efforts to make this happen.

T & K

Room Tip: High floors have an excellent view of the City of Charlotte
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kathrine j
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear kathrin j,

I enjoyed reading your review and I'd like to thank you for sharing your positive experience with the Trip Advisor community. I was thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed the many services and amenities our hotel provides. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies and gentlemen who bring The Ritz-Carlton experience to life every day.

Again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were shocked at how dark the decor was in the lobby and halls and overall "urban hip" style. The live music in the lobby bar was good and the food at the lobby bar was good. We were very upset that there was no honor bar in the rooms and were told after we asked that they had recently limited the honor bar to suites only. The breakfast was not a traditional ritz style breakfast. We really felt like we were at a W Hotel except for the very good ritz trained staff.

Stayed: June 2014
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear ddpeats,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your overall expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (704) 549-4199. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nothing, that's what. We stayed there last fall and are headed there again in a week and I'm excited to get back to one of the best "non-boutique" luxury hotels we've ever stayed in (you really can't or shouldn't compare the small luxury hotels with the big ones like the Ritz chain...apples to kumquats). My wife was continually mesmerized by the in-mirror tv in the huge bathroom which she loved to watch while doing makeup, etc. I loved the sophisticated but not at all stuffy "grown-up" bar where they know how to make classics like Manhattans with the best of them. Perfect "uptown" location (their "uptown" is our downtown!). Fantastic service people. Unbelievably accommodating rooms. All the amenities, and some extras. If the price is right for you, don't hesitate to stay there. (I hear Michael Jordan stays there some times, but of course in a suite us peons might not quite afford.)

Room Tip: We like the higher-up floors...top floor if possible...great views, and nothing's overhead!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This review is just for the spa, as we didn't stay overnight at the hotel. I decided to plan a local day of relaxation (we live in Charlotte) for my husband and myself and picked the spa at the Ritz based on photos, reviews, and amenities. The experience exceeded our expectations at every level.

At this spa, when you pay for a treatment, you also get free valet parking and free use of their unbelievably beautiful "aqua lounge" and the fitness room, so we made a day of it! There on a Tuesday, we were literally the only two people in the entire spa, which made everything seem even more like it was tailor-made for us. Our treatments were wonderful (he got a massage from Jodi and said that he's never felt so relaxed in his life) and I got a pedicure, Deborah did a fantastic job), and then we met up in the aqua lounge to swim and relax. We didn't use the fitness facilities, but the spaces were gorgeous with a view of the entire city. Every detail was thought of (I couldn't believe the hair area in the women's lounge, they even had hair curlers! Ha!), and like only the great hotels can do, even things you never even knew you wanted were there.

Everyone, from the valet who greeted us at the front entrance, to those working in the spa, were helpful, kind, polite, and very professional. I can't recommend the spa more highly! It was (seriously) one of the most pleasant and relaxing days we've ever had, I didn't want it to end!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear eje09,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our Spa with the Trip Advisor community. The Spa & Wellness Center is one of my favorite experiences at the hotel and I am thrilled you enjoyed the amenities and services. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at the Ritz in Charlotte a few times for work. Great location, especially if you work for the behemoth bank with offices just down the street. I love that the business station in the room has numerous office supplies. The beds are fabulous and the bath/shower are Great as well. Looking forward to more stays when I am in town again for work.

Room Tip: The flags outside rooms on the third floor can be quite loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gwenni8
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at the Charlotte location for a wedding the night of May 3rd. The welcome reception, front desk, valet were all truly AWESOME. Friendly, amiable, and able to carry on conversation. The room I had was comfortable, spacious, and was properly filled with excellent amenities. The TV in the mirror in the bathroom is really nice, and adds a nice touch to the room. The wedding we attended there was top notch, first class all the way. The food, banquet servers, and stations were amazing. The pool on the 18th floor is worth it, great views of Charlotte and very quiet if you go early on a Sunday Morning. It's not cheap, but it definitely was worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RCCharlotte, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear rjgibson86,

I enjoyed reading your review! Thank you for your kind compliments on our guest rooms, the pool, and the overall service you experienced while attending a wedding celebration.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.