“Nice hotel- little pricey, but clean and modern” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #35 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice hotel- little pricey, but clean and modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at Aloft in July 2011 and overall found this to be a nice hotel. It is a little pricey for what you get- breakfast or any snacks are not included in the room price. But it is located in an upscale area with plenty of restaurants and shopping areas. Would highly recommend Libretto's pizza nearby - absolutely delicious! The hotel was clean with a modern look and the bar/lounge was busy in the evenings. Rooms are compact, but we did not mind it. Parking is ample and area around the hotel is nice too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hey there Travelogues

Thanks for your review of our Aloft. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and got to check out the Ballantyne area. We love Libretto's as well! definitely our fav pizza place in the area. They also do a mean Lasagna!

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Alastair Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We booked a stay here last minute, and when I first drove up I wasn't sure about the place - it's very modern, and the lobby is more like a trendy lounge than your typical hotel lobby. The halls are done in the style of trendy loft apartments. My husband and I wondered if this was an appropriate place for children (it is, we saw several other families there). Once you get past the chic veneer, this is a solid quality hotel for a reasonable price.

My favorite part of the stay was the numerous green touches in the room - shampoo and soaps in larger dispensers rather than disposable single serve sizes, for example. Lights that only stay on when your room key is in a special holder (that's one way to get them to leave the lights off when they leave the room!)... it was definitely in keeping with those working to be more eco-friendly in their lives.

The bed is comfortable and everything is very clean, which when it comes down to it, is what I look for in a hotel stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Hi there andreaslug,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our Aloft and liked the modern touches as well as our commitment to being a green hotel. We are also LEED certified so a lot of recycled materials we were used in building the hotel as well as recycling the majority of the waste from the construction of the hotel.
We hope to see you and your family again soon

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We came to Charlotte to visit with our Godson and his family. We chose the Aloft for its location and proximity to our friends. What a lovely surprise. It's an absolutely fabulous property. Modern and functional and very comfortable. We checked in with no hassle at all, except a quirked eyebrow from the desk clerk as the rambunctious kids and their parents followed us to our room so we could change into our bathing suits. We went to the indoor pool, which was wonderful on a record-breaking hot day. The pool is perfect for kids as the deepest part is 5 feet. Instead of Chlorine they use Bromine, which makes the water denser and much less drying, also it has a pleasant smell. It was heaven.

The beds are incredibly comfortable. The shower was strong and hot. I loved the Bliss products and made it a point to use as much as I could. Coffee in the room, a magazine rack, and plenty of counterspace to spread my toiletries all over the place. My husband said, "We could LIVE here," he was so comfortable. I loved the mini fridge, nice touch.

In the lobby there's a bar, with lots of televisions. A business center where you can surf the internet. The hub in the room with all sorts of connections made us wish we had brought our computers. The wi-fi was good for our iPhones though and no sign in junk.

The TV had plenty of channels and was enormous. It's pet friendly and there's a water dish right outside the entrance for your thirsty doggy. I craved a coffee and really enjoyed the espresso machine in the lobby.

Everyone was so friendly and accomodating. If you need a room in the vicinity, then you'll love the Aloft!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Hey there RuthlessBunny

Thanks so much for your review of our property. I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and everyone in your family enjoyed the hotel, especially Splash (the pool) from the sounds of it! Hopefully you can come and visit us again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

I have to acknowledge the staff and one particular associate's help. She went above and beyond to assist me when I was checking out. I stayed three nights and woke up early to pack and noticed a message on the hotel phone. I called downstairs and spoke with a very pleasant young women, she was professional and kind. I had an issue with multiple charges from the hotel locking up available funds on my credit card. She handled multiple phone calls from me and outbound calls to my credit card company. She assisted me through the whole process and when it was completed she called me back to confirm that all the billing issues had been completely resolved. She printed out a new folio and greeted me with a smile when I walked downstairs to return my keys. She was amazing, honestly a great example in outstanding customer service. Thank you again!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask questions. The staff is very easy to work with.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Hi Jacobgri

Thanks for your review of our hotel and your recognition of Megan, (one of our front desk agents) for her assistance with your credit card woes. I will make sure she is recognised!
I hope we get to see you come and visit us again soon and thanks again for your review

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Needed to crash here overnight, and wasn't looking to spend too much. I got more than my money's worth. Brand new, very clean and modern. Bliss products. Cool design. 24 hour food in the lobby. I loved it. Close proximity to a town center with food and shopping options. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank netwerqq
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Hello there netwerqq!

Many thanks for your review and recommending our hotel to others. I think you summed up the Aloft Ballantyne really well and I am glad that you got your money's worth! See you next time when you need a place to crash in Charlotte.

whiteville, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

My family and another family with whom we frequently travel were in Charlotte over Memorial Day wekend. Both families had small dogs with us and our original reservation was in a rat hole where I would not allow the dogs to sleep. I got on the internet fast and happened upon Aloft Ballantyne. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I knew when I walked to the front door it was a happy place: water bowls out there for dog visitors. The staff was amazing and the interior decor is modern and charming at the same time. There were board games scattered around the lobby for guests, a fantastic lobby bar, pool table, indoor pool, and happy puppies walking through the lobby. The rooms are big and the beds comfortable. Huge showers too. I can't say enough. We loved it.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank zarbock1228
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 1 June 2011
Hi zarbock1228

Thanks for your glowing review of our hotel. I am glad that you and your four legged family members had a great time with us. We hope you can come and visit us again soon!

Westford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Looks like this hotel was styled by someone with an art degree who hasn't traveled much. The place is just very high on style and very low on function.
There are NO drawers. That's right. No place to unpack your clothing, other than a very few hangers. This may be ok, if there's only one of you and you keep stuff in your suitcase, but try a family of 3 or 4 who will be staying for the weekend and attending various events.
When our group got together, the hotel was our favorite topic of conversation. Each of us brought another complaint. Showers that got the whole bathroom wet, Lousy choices on the TV, coffee pots with no filters, and lights that were controlled by your key, and no way to turn them on in the middle of the night when mother-nature called.
I did see lots of dogs on the grounds, so maybe they can fill the place by being animal friendly.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Hi carenb_MA

Thanks for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback, but unfortunately many of the hotel features that you and your family were disappointed in are a consistent part of the brand. These are what distinguish the Aloft as an environmentally friendly and trendy boutique style of hotel.

Hopefully your interaction with our team was a positive one as we pride ourselves on our level of customer service and guest satisfaction. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at ajones@aloftcharlotteballantyne.com or 704-247-2301.

Thanks for trying us out and we would be happy to recommend a better fit for you next time you are in the area.

Regards

Alastair Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!