“Cool Place”

Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #41 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Modern, clean, well planned with attention to detail. Friendly staff and good location. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Hey there BR,

thanks for your review of our Aloft, come see us again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I recently had almost 3 weeks of work in the Charlotte area, and (despite being loyal to Hilton for years) decided to try the Aloft as it was closer to the office. Over the course of my stay, the staff at the Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne has definitely converted me. I've never met a group of people as attentive, friendly and professional as the crew here. Subtitles like a smile, and a simple "good morning" go along way when you're away from home, and it seemed like every time I interacted with someone they truly wanted to be there (unlike the grumpy 9-5 staff at some other establishments). Whether you want an honest local food recommendation, or a casual chat at the bar, be sure to stop by and see Hugh at the front desk, and Charlotte and Mike at the bar; they'll make you feel welcome. Five stars, I'll be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've stayed in have been equally equipped. Like all hotels, I tend to prefer hi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Hey there webdes03

Thanks for your great review of our aloft and especially our talent!
Charlotte, Mike ,Hugh and the rest of us look forward to welcoming you back for your next project!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great atmosphere, very modern furniture, comfortable beds, easy access to many places, very clean and friendly staff. I am a very picky person and I can say this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and when I go back to Charlotte its the ONLY hotel I will stay in from here on out. Great place for couple or those seeking to meet new people. Its lively downstairs but quiet in the rooms and the rooms are well insulated meaning you dont hear the neighbors ;-) You cant go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Hey there AFGirl13,

Wow, thanks for your great review of our Aloft. We hope you come back for another a-list stay soon

Live Life Aloft!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at the Aloft from July 28th to August 1st. We came to this hotel because we were attending a wedding. Our first impression of this hotel was "WOW." It was clean, chic, and everyone was very friendly (not just the staff, but complete strangers too :) We are from Toronto and I have yet to see a hotel like this around. Our check in & check out was a breeze.

My husband and I really loved our room, the shower, and just loved that we were able to control the AC from our room. My husband also found the iron and ironing board really handy. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. If your looking for a nice getaway, a friendly atmosphere and excellent customer service, you will find that and even more at the Aloft. Thank you for making our stay just perfect and amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Hey there tmckenley,

Just wanted to thank you for your awesome review of our Aloft. We are glad that you got to meet some cool people and had an amazing stay. hope you get to come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I live not far from Ballantyne and decided to check out Aloft Ballantyne for a much needed mini stay-cation. Great stay! … Electric/Energizing and Trendy Lobby, typical of most the Alofts and W Hotels. Right in the heart of Ballantye, minutes away from a plethora of amazing restaurants and great shopping! Beautiful golf course, tennis courts. Right across the street from a Rite-Aid and CVS for travelers like me who always forget something or need a late night snack.

I’ve stayed in a few Starwood properties and am always amazed by the meticulous attention to detail. Aloft was no different. Eco-friendly lighting system that only works when your room key is in the slot. Private toilet and walk-in shower concealed by a sliding door that also serves as a full length mirror <nice!> Bliss products which is always a delightful surprise….a few leisure reading magazines, recycle bins, plenty of outlets for laptops, chargers etc, and outlets right below the nightstand for workaholics like me who sleep with their ipads and smartphones….bed was very comfortable, HD Flatscreen…good space for working station. No ipod/itouch docking station but a port that allows you to connect your laptop (pics, videos, etc) to the TV. ..oh, and 2 above the head nightlights over the bed, both controlled by switches within arm’s reach on both sides of beds <aaah the little things>….I didn’t have any WOW moments with the staff as shared in other reviews but they were cordial.

I was more than pleasantly surprised by the Fitness Center, as that is where most hotels tend to fall short. The clean modern feel continued thru the fitness center. Good view of pool and outside from the aerobic equipment. And all of the treadmills and cycling stations came with a <wait for it!> fully loaded digital media center with TV and Ipod docking port. <LIFE.IS.GOOD!!>..... I did also notice that all of the poolside chairs had cocktail tables and rolled towels at each chair. I’ve never been a poolside chick but that alone made me wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy a glass of wine by the pool…Fitness center also included sanitary wipes, yoga mats and exercise balls <no excuses right ? .. (^_^)>

I think the design of the rooms are geared more toward solo business travelers, couples, and eco-friendly travelers looking for that urban dwelling feel – down to the high and studio-like textured ceilings. I could see how the spacing could be a little limited for more than 2 people… If I ruled the world and could make one change to my stay, I would add a translucent privacy shade to the windows. The window shades completely block out the light and don’t really offer any privacy when opened which could be a little awkward for rooms on lower floors or rooms facing the parking lots—but still exceptional stay nonetheless….oh internet and phone reception was a little spotty but they do offer special rooms for AT&T Wifi Customers upon request. All in all exceptional stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Hello late_bloomer09

Thanks so much for your detailed and thorough review of our Aloft. We are so glad that you had an exceptional stay and that you liked our property. We like it too!
I really like the window shades idea and will look into the feasibility of doing it. We don't have an ipod docking station persay but you can plug any device including apple into the connectivity panel where the laptop plugs in, and play your music or watch your movies on the TV. We even have all the cables you might need to do it at the front desk to loan to you during your stay! We hope you stop by for another mini staycation in the near future!

Live Life Aloft

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at Aloft in July 2011 and overall found this to be a nice hotel. It is a little pricey for what you get- breakfast or any snacks are not included in the room price. But it is located in an upscale area with plenty of restaurants and shopping areas. Would highly recommend Libretto's pizza nearby - absolutely delicious! The hotel was clean with a modern look and the bar/lounge was busy in the evenings. Rooms are compact, but we did not mind it. Parking is ample and area around the hotel is nice too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Hey there Travelogues

Thanks for your review of our Aloft. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and got to check out the Ballantyne area. We love Libretto's as well! definitely our fav pizza place in the area. They also do a mean Lasagna!

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We booked a stay here last minute, and when I first drove up I wasn't sure about the place - it's very modern, and the lobby is more like a trendy lounge than your typical hotel lobby. The halls are done in the style of trendy loft apartments. My husband and I wondered if this was an appropriate place for children (it is, we saw several other families there). Once you get past the chic veneer, this is a solid quality hotel for a reasonable price.

My favorite part of the stay was the numerous green touches in the room - shampoo and soaps in larger dispensers rather than disposable single serve sizes, for example. Lights that only stay on when your room key is in a special holder (that's one way to get them to leave the lights off when they leave the room!)... it was definitely in keeping with those working to be more eco-friendly in their lives.

The bed is comfortable and everything is very clean, which when it comes down to it, is what I look for in a hotel stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Hi there andreaslug,

Thanks for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our Aloft and liked the modern touches as well as our commitment to being a green hotel. We are also LEED certified so a lot of recycled materials we were used in building the hotel as well as recycling the majority of the waste from the construction of the hotel.
We hope to see you and your family again soon

Live Life Aloft!