“I am pick” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I am pick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I like the hotel just the size we need me my husband a dog. Most importante to say is a good nite of sleep and we had good bed and very clean in second comes my dog is treet like a queen fresh bowl and water cookies is delivery at door. I like the shower and quiet place to rest a day or nite . i can not wait to be back at this hotel aahh the matress is news this for me is good deal my husband love the decor too

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Hi Brazil_cat_30,

Thanks for your review of our Aloft, and I am glad that your furry family member decide to let you stay with them at our place! Glad you and your husband enjoyed the decor, cleanliness and mattress.

We hope to see you again soon
Until then - Live Life Aloft!

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed with the wife for two days over labor day. Overall this is a very nice hotel and the concept is well executed. However we did not realize what "loft style" meant until we entered the room and saw how small it was. I immediately wished we would have booked to Ballantyne across the fairway. Of course we are mid forties also. This brand seems to be targeted to the younger, party set. No tub, showers only. Not a big deal but I would not have chosen it had I looked more carefully. Bathroom and bedroom are all one. Again, not a big deal if that's what you are looking for, but just not for us. Service was good and only real complaint was that indoor pool was too chlorinated and fumes ran us out after 10 minutes. Otherwise I would recommend this property for the younger crowd. also fyi breakfast not included, all a la carte. did not try so can't comment on the quality. Nice lobby and they have a nice lounging area in lobby adjacent to the bar. Even a pool table.

Room Tip: No tip as all rooms are the same. Loft style (this means small, ie New York small)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Well hello there LakeNormanliving!

Thank you so much for your review of our aloft and trying Starwood's new brand. I am glad you had a good stay, even if the rooms was a little small for your taste. You are right that we are targeted at a demographic that is looking for an urban chic hotel. The idea is to come down and mix and mingle in the remix area as well as the wxyz lounge as opposed to being based in your room during your stay. After looking into your comment about the pool area, it appears our dehumidification unit was not operating optimally. This has now been rectified and I apologise for the inconvenience you encountered. The Ballantyne Hotel is our sister property and I highly recommend staying there when you return to the Ballantyne area.

Thanks again for your feedback, without it we would not be able to improve our products and services.

Dry Fork, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have been trying to find something that I did not like about this stay and cannot find one. From the beginning I was able to check in an hour before check-in time, and the staff was genuinely friendly. I am not in the whole "green" movement but it was enjoyable. The rooms were the cleanest I have seen in a long time, up to date, and comfy. The area surrounding the hotel was beautiful and packed with everything u could want from shops to golf. Hotel was located approx 35 min away from downtown and all the hassle. I have been searching for a reason to return to the area just to stay at this location. Well above the 3 stars it was given!!!

Room Tip: I used priceline name your own price and got the room for 50% off.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Hey Absoluthick,

Thanks so much for your review of our Aloft. Gald you liked the rooms and general feel of the hotel. Our team work hard to try and give the best experience possible and it looks like they suceeded with you! Hope you get to come back and hang out with us again soon

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We've stayed at aloft before and overall the experience was good. This aloft in particular was awesome. All alofts come with the same services/amenities, but the service at this one was incredible. Everyone really went out their way to make our stay comfortable. We traveled with our 2 little ones, ages 4 and 2, and everyone was super nie to them. We love the aloft model. It is definitely a great value. There are many dining and shopping options nearby. We came to Charlotte to do some of the touristy things...NASCAR Hall of Fame, Latta Plantation, DISCOVERY Kids, and we just hopped on the interstate near the aloft.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Hi AClvester!

We are so glad that you and your family had an awesome time staying with us and that you got to experience all Charlotte has to offer. We hope can provide you some a+ service in the future!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Modern, clean, well planned with attention to detail. Friendly staff and good location. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hey there BR,

thanks for your review of our Aloft, come see us again soon!

Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I recently had almost 3 weeks of work in the Charlotte area, and (despite being loyal to Hilton for years) decided to try the Aloft as it was closer to the office. Over the course of my stay, the staff at the Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne has definitely converted me. I've never met a group of people as attentive, friendly and professional as the crew here. Subtitles like a smile, and a simple "good morning" go along way when you're away from home, and it seemed like every time I interacted with someone they truly wanted to be there (unlike the grumpy 9-5 staff at some other establishments). Whether you want an honest local food recommendation, or a casual chat at the bar, be sure to stop by and see Hugh at the front desk, and Charlotte and Mike at the bar; they'll make you feel welcome. Five stars, I'll be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms I've stayed in have been equally equipped. Like all hotels, I tend to prefer hi...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Hey there webdes03

Thanks for your great review of our aloft and especially our talent!
Charlotte, Mike ,Hugh and the rest of us look forward to welcoming you back for your next project!

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great atmosphere, very modern furniture, comfortable beds, easy access to many places, very clean and friendly staff. I am a very picky person and I can say this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in and when I go back to Charlotte its the ONLY hotel I will stay in from here on out. Great place for couple or those seeking to meet new people. Its lively downstairs but quiet in the rooms and the rooms are well insulated meaning you dont hear the neighbors ;-) You cant go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Hey there AFGirl13,

Wow, thanks for your great review of our Aloft. We hope you come back for another a-list stay soon

Live Life Aloft!

Alastair Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!