“If I had to live in a space ship...it would be this one!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #35 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“If I had to live in a space ship...it would be this one!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

One part of me feels 'not cool enough' to be here - because the hotel is sleek and new age.

One part of me really likes it because its nothing like my home.

Location is great. Gym is great. Service was excellent.

So climb aboard!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Hi there DaTaPa!

Thanks so much for your review of our Aloft. Don't worry everyone is cool enough to stay here!
Our whole concept is to be "style at a steal" and we are glad that you enjoyed the decor as well as the service. We hope you will climb back on board with us in the near future :)

In the meantime, Live Life Aloft!

Alastair Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Luray, VA.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at Aloft in June, 2011 while attending a family member's wedding. This is a fairly new hotel and very modern. The rooms are very clean, unique, comfortable and functional. The only complaint I had was the bar. They didn't stock much at the bar. I first asked for a glass of white zin and they didn't have that. I then asked for a bloody mary and they said they were out of the bloody mary mix but had enough tomato juice to try to whip something up for me. It was good but could only have one.

The next evening, we bought a bottle of wine and were drinking it in the gathering area of the hotel and told that we could drink it there because we didn't buy it there. They tried not to be rude but they weren't very nice about it.

The food area (not restaurant) in the lobby was ok but pricey. One of the elevators broke and we had to wait forever to get up to our room because there were so many people in the hotel for so many weddings.

Overall, for the money, it was an excellent buy but they could do a little better with the bar since there is no where else near the hotel to go, relax and have a drink.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Hey there JudyLuray_VA_

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback, without it we cannot improve our products and services. I apologise that one of our lifts went down during your stay, unfortunately this was out of our control. We have actually updated our wine list after receiving feedback and now have a zinfandel as a choice. As far as drinking alcohol in our public areas where we serve alcohol from the bar, it is against the liquor laws of North Carolina for any alcohol to be consumed that is not purchased from the bar and consequently we have to ask that alcohol brought in from outside only be consumed in the guest rooms or off the hotel property. I apologise for any incovenience but we have to abide by the law or risk being shut down.
I also wanted to let you know that we do have a free shuttle that will take you to a selection of over 40 restaurants and bars and plenty of shopping.

Thanks again and hopefully we can make your experience more seamless should you come down to visit us again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I like the hotel just the size we need me my husband a dog. Most importante to say is a good nite of sleep and we had good bed and very clean in second comes my dog is treet like a queen fresh bowl and water cookies is delivery at door. I like the shower and quiet place to rest a day or nite . i can not wait to be back at this hotel aahh the matress is news this for me is good deal my husband love the decor too

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Hi Brazil_cat_30,

Thanks for your review of our Aloft, and I am glad that your furry family member decide to let you stay with them at our place! Glad you and your husband enjoyed the decor, cleanliness and mattress.

We hope to see you again soon
Until then - Live Life Aloft!

General manager
Huntersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed with the wife for two days over labor day. Overall this is a very nice hotel and the concept is well executed. However we did not realize what "loft style" meant until we entered the room and saw how small it was. I immediately wished we would have booked to Ballantyne across the fairway. Of course we are mid forties also. This brand seems to be targeted to the younger, party set. No tub, showers only. Not a big deal but I would not have chosen it had I looked more carefully. Bathroom and bedroom are all one. Again, not a big deal if that's what you are looking for, but just not for us. Service was good and only real complaint was that indoor pool was too chlorinated and fumes ran us out after 10 minutes. Otherwise I would recommend this property for the younger crowd. also fyi breakfast not included, all a la carte. did not try so can't comment on the quality. Nice lobby and they have a nice lounging area in lobby adjacent to the bar. Even a pool table.

Room Tip: No tip as all rooms are the same. Loft style (this means small, ie New York small)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Well hello there LakeNormanliving!

Thank you so much for your review of our aloft and trying Starwood's new brand. I am glad you had a good stay, even if the rooms was a little small for your taste. You are right that we are targeted at a demographic that is looking for an urban chic hotel. The idea is to come down and mix and mingle in the remix area as well as the wxyz lounge as opposed to being based in your room during your stay. After looking into your comment about the pool area, it appears our dehumidification unit was not operating optimally. This has now been rectified and I apologise for the inconvenience you encountered. The Ballantyne Hotel is our sister property and I highly recommend staying there when you return to the Ballantyne area.

Thanks again for your feedback, without it we would not be able to improve our products and services.

Dry Fork, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have been trying to find something that I did not like about this stay and cannot find one. From the beginning I was able to check in an hour before check-in time, and the staff was genuinely friendly. I am not in the whole "green" movement but it was enjoyable. The rooms were the cleanest I have seen in a long time, up to date, and comfy. The area surrounding the hotel was beautiful and packed with everything u could want from shops to golf. Hotel was located approx 35 min away from downtown and all the hassle. I have been searching for a reason to return to the area just to stay at this location. Well above the 3 stars it was given!!!

Room Tip: I used priceline name your own price and got the room for 50% off.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Hey Absoluthick,

Thanks so much for your review of our Aloft. Gald you liked the rooms and general feel of the hotel. Our team work hard to try and give the best experience possible and it looks like they suceeded with you! Hope you get to come back and hang out with us again soon

Cheers

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We've stayed at aloft before and overall the experience was good. This aloft in particular was awesome. All alofts come with the same services/amenities, but the service at this one was incredible. Everyone really went out their way to make our stay comfortable. We traveled with our 2 little ones, ages 4 and 2, and everyone was super nie to them. We love the aloft model. It is definitely a great value. There are many dining and shopping options nearby. We came to Charlotte to do some of the touristy things...NASCAR Hall of Fame, Latta Plantation, DISCOVERY Kids, and we just hopped on the interstate near the aloft.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Hi AClvester!

We are so glad that you and your family had an awesome time staying with us and that you got to experience all Charlotte has to offer. We hope can provide you some a+ service in the future!

Cheers

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Modern, clean, well planned with attention to detail. Friendly staff and good location. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Hey there BR,

thanks for your review of our Aloft, come see us again soon!