“Excellent hotel for a business stay...”

Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #42 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Excellent hotel for a business stay...”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I came into Charlotte for business and stayed at the Aloft Ballantyne. It was a great decision. The hotel provides all of the things you could want for a business stay: clean, comfortable, plenty of plugs/connections, late night snacks and drinks if needed.

I did not try room service, the gym, or restaurants, but the atmosphere upon arrival was really nice with a cool bar with a lot of people hanging around. The front-desk staff was also extremely friendly and helpful with anything we needed.

As a note, this is about a half an hour from downtown, so I would be aware of that if you want to be close. Even so, I would definitely stay here again if I have to come back to town.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Hi there houselightsdown

Thanks so much for your review of our Aloft. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am also very happy that you liked the vibe of the hotel and service you received from our talent members. we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Charlotte area

Live Life Aloft!

Alastair jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I've never stayed in a nicer, hipper hotel than this. They had live music at night and it truly made my time away from home (on business) great! Thank you to the staff (especially the Bartender Matt) for taking great care of us!

Room Tip: I had a pool view and LOVED it!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Hey there traveling out of NC

What an awesome review! I think it is great you enjoyed our live music at the wxyz lounge and that Matt and the rest of the talent took great care of you. we look forward to seeing you next time around.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was my first time staying at an Aloft property and I was fairly impressed.

I really liked the fact that the room lights were operated by the key card when you entered the room. I also liked the unique open layout of the room and the fact it came with a refrigerator and Bliss amenities. The free wireless Internet and parking were also a huge bonus. The hotel is nearby many shopping and dining choices, which is great considering the property is not in downtown Charlotte.

A few suggestions: I wish there was more seating. Other than the desk chair, the only other place to sit was the bed. There was a nice seating area in front of the television, but it is not able to be used when watching the television. Rooms with bath tubs would also be nice. I also wish that the pool was larger at the property and that there were more dining choices within the hotel itself. The food sold there seems to be more of the grab-and-go variety.

The music in the common areas and elevators were also a bit too loud for my tastes.

Note that this hotel is especially geared to a particular group of people - the music and common areas suggest that the hotel is geared more toward the younger demographic of those in their 20s and early 30s. While I enjoyed my stay, someone used to more traditional properties may not enjoy the brand as much.

Room Tip: Depending on your phone service, you may have to request rooms in a certain section of the hotel to...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Hi there sluzby

Thanks for your review of our Aloft and trying us out for the first time!
You are correct in assuming that we have been introduced to shake up the select service hotel market with some fresh, modern and new ideas. We are glad that you enjoyed some aspects and I appreciate your feedback on others. You won't find a tub at any Aloft and we are definitely geared to towards the younger demographic with our louder music and funky decor with the grab n go food options. We do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to any of 40 dining options within a one mile radius and we also have an outside company that delivers room service in the evenings as well. Thanks again for giving us a try and hopefully you will try another Aloft soon!

Waynesboro, Pa.
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was our first stay at the Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne but it won't be our last. Our room had a lovely view of the golf course and the Ballantyne Hotel and we were on the top floor ~ as requested ~ thanks to the wonderful manager. We really love that they are "green minded" ~ smart choices and is so appreciated by all of us. Very sleek and modern from the moment you walk in the door ~ the staff was very professional and polite and helpful. The location was perfect for us. Our one regret is that with our schedule, we couldn't take advantage of the great bar ~ maybe next time!! Keep up the good work Aloft!!!!

Room Tip: We always try to get a top floor because of overhead noise from other rooms but we don't know if...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Hi Butterflyjo!

Thanks for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. Glad you like our green concept and that the talent took care of you. Next time you definitely have to stop by the wxyz bar and lounge! No issue at our hotel with noise between floors as we are a concrete building :)

See you next time you are in town

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2011

One part of me feels 'not cool enough' to be here - because the hotel is sleek and new age.

One part of me really likes it because its nothing like my home.

Location is great. Gym is great. Service was excellent.

So climb aboard!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Hi there DaTaPa!

Thanks so much for your review of our Aloft. Don't worry everyone is cool enough to stay here!
Our whole concept is to be "style at a steal" and we are glad that you enjoyed the decor as well as the service. We hope you will climb back on board with us in the near future :)

In the meantime, Live Life Aloft!

Luray, VA.
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at Aloft in June, 2011 while attending a family member's wedding. This is a fairly new hotel and very modern. The rooms are very clean, unique, comfortable and functional. The only complaint I had was the bar. They didn't stock much at the bar. I first asked for a glass of white zin and they didn't have that. I then asked for a bloody mary and they said they were out of the bloody mary mix but had enough tomato juice to try to whip something up for me. It was good but could only have one.

The next evening, we bought a bottle of wine and were drinking it in the gathering area of the hotel and told that we could drink it there because we didn't buy it there. They tried not to be rude but they weren't very nice about it.

The food area (not restaurant) in the lobby was ok but pricey. One of the elevators broke and we had to wait forever to get up to our room because there were so many people in the hotel for so many weddings.

Overall, for the money, it was an excellent buy but they could do a little better with the bar since there is no where else near the hotel to go, relax and have a drink.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Hey there JudyLuray_VA_

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback, without it we cannot improve our products and services. I apologise that one of our lifts went down during your stay, unfortunately this was out of our control. We have actually updated our wine list after receiving feedback and now have a zinfandel as a choice. As far as drinking alcohol in our public areas where we serve alcohol from the bar, it is against the liquor laws of North Carolina for any alcohol to be consumed that is not purchased from the bar and consequently we have to ask that alcohol brought in from outside only be consumed in the guest rooms or off the hotel property. I apologise for any incovenience but we have to abide by the law or risk being shut down.
I also wanted to let you know that we do have a free shuttle that will take you to a selection of over 40 restaurants and bars and plenty of shopping.

Thanks again and hopefully we can make your experience more seamless should you come down to visit us again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I like the hotel just the size we need me my husband a dog. Most importante to say is a good nite of sleep and we had good bed and very clean in second comes my dog is treet like a queen fresh bowl and water cookies is delivery at door. I like the shower and quiet place to rest a day or nite . i can not wait to be back at this hotel aahh the matress is news this for me is good deal my husband love the decor too

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Hi Brazil_cat_30,

Thanks for your review of our Aloft, and I am glad that your furry family member decide to let you stay with them at our place! Glad you and your husband enjoyed the decor, cleanliness and mattress.

We hope to see you again soon
Until then - Live Life Aloft!

General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte/Ballantyne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
The Ballantyne, Charlotte
The Ballantyne, Charlotte
#7 of 178 in Charlotte
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!