“A bit "out of the way" but nice property”

Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hartford, CT
“A bit "out of the way" but nice property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had to stay here instead of my usual place at the Westin Charlotte due to a convention being in town, and all the downtown hotels being sold out. This is a newer property, and while it is a bit out of the way ($55 cab ride from airport), it was a very pleasant experience. Rooms were a good size, and the furnishings and decorations are a bit eclectic, but not too over the top. Breakfast was self-service, but they had a decent variety. Service was very good - the front desk attendant even helped me staple some presentations.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Hi hegartnw

I wanted to thank you for your review of our Aloft. i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!

Alastair Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

While in Charlotte-South for a soccer tournament over the weekend, we stayed at the Ballantyne Aloft and were thoroughly impressed! Hugh offered us a warm and friendly greeting upon our arrival and made us feel excited about being there. He was also very helpful the second night when we were seeking restaurant recommendations. The rooms were clean and well-kept and offered all the amenities a familily of 2+2 were in need of (plenty outlets to charge electronics!)... the boys really enjoyed the fresh, contemporary design of the Aloft (even riding the elevators was fun!) Thanks to the whole staff for taking care of us, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Hi there Tim B!

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on our Aloft.
I am very happy to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay and that Hugh stood out for you.
I will be sure to commend him on a job well done!
Hopefully you will be back for another soccer tournament or weekend getaway soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

I just left the aloft in Ballantyne. I regularly stay here time and time again when I am travelling for work. The location is fantastic and the facility is always immaculate and stylish. What really makes this hotel is the people. They are that living manifestation of what every hotel regardless of size, price and brand strives for. Everyone is so willing to help and be involved that it appears they will do everything, roles don't define the people working at this hotel.

On my most recent trip, I forgot three expensive neck ties in my room and didn't discover this until arriving home many miles away. I called and the Manager Mina immediately sought to understand the situation and investigate. He was professional, thorough and detailed. Confirmed the plan and how to reach me. I received a call back very quickly and he individually identified each of the three tie to confirm that all had been found. He worked with me to understand my needs and priorities and had these shipped back to me appropriately. It's easy to see why he is the Manager.

Recovering these ties is a perfect example of the type of people and service that the hotel offers. I've had other hotels costing 5 times more a night in the biggest cities that were unable or unwilling to help. This really makes the aloft in Ballantyne world class.

Thank you aloft Ballantyne for reinforcing all my existing reasons for making this the only choice when I come to Charlotte.

Additionally, went swimming for the first time after many visits here and it's great that I can swim up to 1:00 a.m. after a long working day. I would stay here at this hotel and enjoy it even more if I weren't working. The Bartender is a great Guy, everyone likes him.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms I've stayed on different floors and in double and king bed rooms. T...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard W
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Hi Richard W!

Thanks for the great comments. We appreciate you taking the time to commend our team!
I will be sure to pass your comments along to Mina and Matt the bartender!. We look forward to seeing you next time around.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Aloft in Ballantyne over the Christmas holidays. We were accompanied by our little rescue dog, Bandit.

The hotel is spotless, the staff incredibly courteous and the amenities everything a person would want. Of special note were Mr. Mina Banoub, the guest services manager, and his assistant Emily, both extraordinarily attentive, caring and knowledgeable.

Access to the Aloft is as easy as it gets and there are a huge number of restaurants and shops all within a minute or two if the hotel. If you need to go into The city (Charlotte) it is a 10 minute drive on the interstate.

Whether or not you are in town for business or pleasure the Aloft at Ballentyne is the place to stay.

Stayed December 2012
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Hi Ron A

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our Aloft. I will definitely be passing on your comments to Mina and Emily. As the General Manager it makes me happy to hear that you were well taken care of in all facets of your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Etowah, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed 3 nights at Aloft while visiting family over the Holidays. I was greeted warmly by staff and check-in was efficient and easy. The hotel decor is euro techno style with energy efficient lighting. The room was small but very clean and quiet. I liked the food offerings in the quick-to-go food court. Not your usual grocery store muffins. There was a wide variety of crafted muffins, Chobani yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. The heated pool was great and the bar service was excellent. I plan to try other Aloft locations in North Carolina.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Hi there guv11

I hope you had a Merry Christmas with us, and enjoy a prosperous New Year!
I wanted to thank you for your review and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you visit with us again

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. Check-in was efficient and pleasant. The room was clean and efficiently organized and appointed. We did feel somewhat claustrophobic as the room was on the small side and there is a lot in it. It felt very cold (not temperature) and sort of clinical. The mattress was firm and pleasant. The bathroom was clean and the towels were nice and large. We did not like the shampoo/bath gel in large dispensers in the shower although we do understand the concept behind it. The hall noise woke us up 2x during the night so if you are a light sleeper and there are boisterous neighbors, that could be an issue for you. We did not eat there although there is food available (not a restaurant) for purchase.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Hi snoopymaryland

Thanks for your review and comments, we appreciate your feedback about our Aloft. i would like to apologise about the hallway noise from our other guests. We unfortunately cannot control this but we are looking at ways to try and dampen any noise that comes from the hallways into the rooms. We hope you will come back and give us another try next time you are in town.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

So, I visited Charlotte again and decided to stay at ALoft...the second visit was just as good as the first if not a little better. From check-in to check-out, I couldn't ask for a better hotel visit. The check-in ladies (Ms. Beard) were friendly, the room comfortable, the bartender, Matt, amazing, check-out was quick and simple...thanks for another great stay!

Room Tip: Pick a HC room...it's HUGE!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
ajones13, General Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Hi TravelingoutofNC,

Thanks for your second fantastic review of our Aloft!
i am glad that we have been able to stay consistent between your stays. Thanks for recognizing Alex and Matt, I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.
We look forward to your next visit!

Alastair Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Staybridge Suites Charlotte Ballantyne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte Ballantyne Area
SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne Area
The Ballantyne Hotel and Lodge
Residence Inn Charlotte Piper Glen
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville

Been to Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne? Share your experiences!