“Great location,great staff”

Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
Ranked #42 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great location..close to everything..easy to Charlotte loop 485, went to Charlotte Motor Speedway for Nascar All Star Race..Rooms we clean, giant TV, great shower..Staff was very helpful..called you by name .The hotel van would take you anywhere in area

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Hi Norm M,

Than you for sharing your feedback with us - we're so happy you enjoyed your stay! We're glad you enjoyed the personalized service that our staff strives to deliver to each and every guest, and that you found our hotel clean, convenient, and comfortable.

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We got such an excellent rate on the Starwood website that we got a separate adjoining room for the kids. This was our first time staying at an Aloft, but we like the W chain when we splurge, so we had high hopes. Our hopes were exceeded.

Both the adults and the kids loved the sleek, modern, sophisticated decor of the rooms and the common areas. The kids enjoyed the pool. The hotel is clearly targeting the business traveler, but it worked great for a family of five on the weekend. The wifi connection was solid, but the speed seems to be throttled at 2 Mbps; I had 1.98 Mbps down and 1.99 Mbps up. They have a/v hookups on the desk, which makes it easy to get your laptop or smartphone video onto the flatscreen if you have the proper cables. This is our new favorite chain.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hi chipinoh,

We're thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed your first Aloft Hotels experience! Our hotels are designed to be functional and enjoyable for all guests, whether traveling for business or pleasure, and we're glad you found that to be the case.

We're also glad that you took advantage of Starwood's Best Rate Guarantee - where you're guaranteed to find the best rates when booking directly on our websites - and that you found a great deal for your dates of travel!

Thanks for sharing these comments, and we hope to see your family again next time you're in Charlotte!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I am a fan of the Aloft brand, and this location didn't disappoint.

I arrived late, and my key was waiting. The bartender was nice enough to make me a quick drink before closing up for the night (with was MUCH appreciated after a long day of driving).

the room was spotless, and quiet. It is no secret that the showers, and bath products at Aloft are delicious, so I took a nice long shower, and sipped my drink.

The bed was super comfy, and I got a great night's rest.

A short queue at check-out, but that is expected at peak times on a Friday.

If I ever find myself in the area again, I will certainly book into Aloft!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Hi Traveling_Cub,

Thanks so much for your recent stay - we're thrilled to have exceeded your expectations, and that you experienced the great service, clean rooms, fantastic products and convenience that we pride ourselves on.

We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Love the concept of the hotel and the overall vibe as you walk in. The rooms are Euro styled and simplistic. I do think the rooms could be a little bigger, but all in all I was pretty please with my stay. I may start checking out the Aloft brand as I travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Hello motogrrl2003,

Thank you for your recent stay! We're thrilled you enjoyed our unique concept, and that you'll be staying with Aloft again in the future. We have over 60 hotels across the globe and many more popping up in great destinations (including one coming next year to downtown Atlanta!). Please do keep us in mind for future travels, and we hope to see you back on your next trip to Ballantyne!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

There was a huge snow storm on the east coast and we were supposed to head to Charlotte to a housewarming. It was so bad we had to cancel our first night there. When we arrived we brought our dog along for the ride. They were so accommodating with pets, they even have dog treats, bowls, and beds. The water was free and so was parking so I had no complaints. There are so many restaurants around to choose from. In addition you are about 5 to 10 miles from the South Carolina border so go with plenty of time to spare. We were on the bottom level so we could take our dog out and move around freely.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Hi ShaneekG,

Thanks to you and your family for staying with us on your recent trip to Charlotte. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to bring your pup...we just love hosting (and spoiling) our pet guests!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again next time your travel plans bring you to the Charlotte area.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I've been staying at the Aloft Ballantyne on and off for six months for business and I have really enjoyed staying at the hotel. While the decor and music are a little too trendy/modern for my tastes, the rooms are comfortable and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Nearly the entire staff memorized my name by my second trip and were all sincerely interested in making me as comfortable as could be in my home-away-from-home. Mena and Hugh are especially helpful and friendly and two of the nicest guys you could ask for as front desk managers. On a functional level, the rooms are small but well designed and the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out, as the rooms above the interior courtyard can be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Hi ChrisA!

Thanks so much for your feedback and loyalty. We're happy you've made Aloft your home-away-from-home while traveling to Ballantyne for business, and that our staff has exceeded your expectations. We'll be sure to congratulate our staff, particularly Mena and Hugh, for a job well done!

We look forward to your next visit - see you soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The Aloft is in my favorite area of Charlotte. Stores and restaurants are plentiful in this area and many are in walking distance from the Aloft. The rooms are very modern and minimalist in design. My room was spotless and the bed was super comfortable. The lobby is spacious with many different seating areas. I spent quite a bit of time there and found it very relaxing. The state of the art gym and indoor heated pool are immaculate. The bar had live music and was very comfortable. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel welcome. I visit Charlotte at least 4 times a year and this is my favorite hotel.

Room Tip: I like being on one of the upper floors with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thanks floridaskater2003 for the kind words! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here with us, and are proud that Aloft is your favorite hotel in Charlotte! We're glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, and that you made good use of our lobby and fitness center. Also happy to hear our staff made you feel so welcome - this is a top priority for us!

Thanks again, and we hope you'll come see us again next time you're in Charlotte!