“LOVE NASCAR!!!!”

and up
Charlotte's Historical City Tour
Ranked #3 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: The NASCAR Hall of Fame is where legends live on. Where fun lives on. Where the race lives on. Enjoy amazing artifacts, interactive exhibits, simulator rides and special events at the High Octane Theater. Plus, you can grab a bite to eat in the NASCAR Hall of Fame Café or at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. You also can take home a souvenir at the gift shop to help you remember it all.
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Great exhibits!!! Great staff !!!! my Kids had great day.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Definetly worth going to see this hall of fame. The staff was great!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Racing is really not an interest of mine, but it was 95 degrees and I didn't want to spend it outdoors in the heat. There was plenty of things to do and I learned alot about racing. My teenage son (16) had a blast. He had a difficult time understanding how to use the racing simulator, and a man who worked there - Ron saved the day. He took my son and taught exactly what he had to do to successfully 'drive' in a race, and he ended up winning. So Ron really made what was fast becoming a difficult and upsetting experience to a fun experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2011

Unfortunately I was really disappointed in the Nascar HOF. I was recently passing through Charlotte with my father and had a couple of hours to burn so we decided to visit and learn more about Nascar. The ticket price was a little expensive for this type of site ($20-30 per person) but we figured that it was a one off fee. Upon entering we were confronted with charges for most of the interactive exhibits with which we wanted to participate.

We also found the staff quite rude. It was raining heavily so we tried to enter through a side entrance and were informed that rather than walking the 20 meters to the main ticket counter we would need to walk around the building. Later when we tried to leave through the main entrance we were stopped and asked to exit instead through the giftshop so they could try to sell us more things we really didn't want.

The history and memorabilia was impressive but certainly not worth the price of admission.

1  Thank LuggageGuy
kmeesters, Public Relations Manager at NASCAR Hall of Fame, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

LuggageGuy:
Thank you for taking the time to review the venue. I am sorry you were disappointed, and I wish the weather had cooperated for you. I just wanted to take a moment to clarify two key points in your review: admission price and extra charges for exhibits. Tickets start at $12.95 for children. We have a senior and military rate of $17.95 and an adult price of $19.95. The average visit is 3 plus hours. We do not offer a general admission ticket that costs more than $19.95. You may have noticed combo packages that include food or even annual passes that start at $25 for kids and $50 for adults.

Secondly, the simulator experience is an optional $5. Otherwise the exhibits are all included in the price. More than 50 interactive displays, more than 1,000 free artifacts to view and approx. 150,000 sq ft of activities on 4 floors are all included in the price of admission. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you again for taking the time to visit the venue.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I highly recommend a trip to the NASCAR hall of Fame to all fans of the sport. From the minute you arrive, you are immersed in the history of stock car racing. As a comparatively recent fan (10 years), I learned so much about the origins of racing. It was interesting to look in the old cars to see the progress of the safety features over the years and the changes in the shapes of the cars. using the card they give you at entry to experience all of the interactive stations was a lot of fun too. We spent 3 hours and I could have stayed longer. Only drawback was the lack of clearly posted instructions for the interactive experiences.