“Great Food, Great Ambience”
Review of Bistro La Bon

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pecan Ave
Transit: Bus Number 9, 17, 39
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We actually chose La Bon as a last minute substitute and were we thrilled. The pre-dinner drinks were great, the atmosphere and overall ambience were the best we've seen in Charlotte (just moved from South Florida) and the food quality and presentation were also 2nd to none. I would highly recommend dinner at La Bon on the weekend, around 8 or 8:30, in time for the DJ to set the tone with music and lighting. Don't let the exterior fool you, it's the only restaurant we've been to in Charlotte that I would also put in the same company of those in San Fran, Charleston, Chicago, Miami, NYC, etc...terrific!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have always been pleasantly surprised when I eat at Bistro La Bon. The pasta meals are my favorite and the coffee is very good. They have a good wine selection and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband & I drove to Charlotte to celebrate our Anniversary. I looked up rated restaurants & found Bistro La Bon, The reviews were great & when we arrived they didn't disappoint! The very friendly lady who took our reservations had jotted down that it was our Anniversary & the hosted took time to congratulate us when we got there. They sat us at a beautiful table by the window & Juan was our server. He was THE BEST! He was super friendly, knowledgeable, attentive & never missed a beat. The manager came over to congratulate us again during our meal. The food was one of the best meals I have ever had in a fine dinning restaurant. I had Steak Tartare for an appetizer, followed by the filet & then my husband & I shared the bread pudding. His appetizer was the gnocchi & he also had a salad. I couldn't find a thing wrong with our evening if I tried. As an extra surprise, when we received our bill, they had taken a percentage off for it being our Anniversary. We will DEFINITELY be back when we are in Charlotte again!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Went during a weekday for the $10 lunch buffet. Shrimp and grits was too salty. The pasta looked dried up. The only items that was fit to eat was the green salad and the meatballs.

1  Thank dcunha1960
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Brunch is appropriately labeled a smorgasbord and it delivers. Buffet has a little bit of everything including salad, fruit, meats, grits, pasta, scones, muffins, tarts, bread and various other items. You order eggs, bacon, waffles and French toast from the kitchen. The brioche french toast is some of the best that I have ever eaten. We had Juan as a server and he was very attentive making sure we had everything that we needed. My girlfriends thanked me over and over for bringing them here for brunch.