“Treated like a princess”

The Spa at Ballantyne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa treatments are designed to nurture the mind and body through the use of ritualistic methods and healthy products in a calming environment. The Spa at Ballantyne provides a sensory experience to soothe the senses and enhance wellness. Choose from a selection of spa services including massage, facial, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and hair salon services. Explore indigenous treatments like the Carolina Lavender Spa Collection, day spa packages, overnight spa packages and fitness experiences. Enjoy spa dining, pools, steamroom, saunas, whirlpools and lounges to complete your spa destination experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Treated like a princess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was my first trip to this spa and I will definitely be back! From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, the staff was attentive and helpful. They were not just doing there job, they genuinely cared about my experience there. I had a massage from Sandra Weber and it was the best massage I have ever had. I would highly recommend the spa and Sandra.

Visited April 2014
TheBallantyne, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear loridavis013,

Thank you for visiting us at The Spa at Ballantyne. We enjoyed reading your wonderful feedback and appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and specifically Sandra. Our entire team is dedicated to providing our guests with unforgettably relaxing experiences. Thank you for recommending The Spa at Ballantyne, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Holland, Massachusetts
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Classy spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I really loved my unusual treatments. Don't hesitate to try the seawater & pearl facial, the self heating mud body envelopment or the body massage using the providers feet (Ashiatsu)! Beautiful views of the golf course are nice extra.

Visited March 2014
TheBallantyne, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear terryw678,
Thank you for recently visiting The Spa at Ballantyne. We appreciate your fantastic feedback regarding our specialty treatments. We recently enhanced our menu to offer invigorating services with a focus on results and relaxation. We hope you will return to The Spa at Ballantyne on future visits to Charlotte.

Warm regards,
“A Special Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

From the moment I arrived until I left, I was treated like a Queen. The entire staff was so welcoming and helpful. I got the Sea Water Pearl Facial and it was fantastic!!! My face has never felt so cleansed, refreshed and nourished. I’ll definitely be back for more. Thank you!

Visited January 2014
TheBallantyne, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear JustForeFun18,

Thank you for visiting us at The Spa at Ballantyne and for sharing your positive experience. We were delighted to read that you felt like a queen and that our staff was friendly and accommodating and that your facial met your needs. Our entire team is dedicated to providing our guests with relaxing and memorable spa experiences. We look forward to welcome you back!

Charlotte
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My fave spot slips to average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I've been coming to the spa for 11 years. I know this because my first visit was days before I got married. I remember thinking then and many times after that the spa was not only relaxing, but like I'd been swept away on a 2 hour vacation from the world.
The service had always been so far above anything else in Charlotte and competed with many places I'd been to around the world for attention to the tiniest detail.
My husband and I have made it an annual anniversary thing (when in town) to spend an afternoon, evening or even a full night at the spa & resort enjoying every moment of pamperdom.
So it was very disappointing with our visit this time. We had the fortune of my parents agreeing to babysit for our son overnight. So we were thrilled when the spa had massages still available on our anniversary evening. We requested female masseurs and they offered us 6pm, 630pm or 7 pm. We went for 7pm figuring we'd get there early and spend time in the hot tub together and then reconnect after our massages for dinner (as there wasn't a couples room available).
We arrived and as we checked in were told we both had male masseurs. So the time we would've spent in the hot tub was spent waiting for the staff to correct this. They did it...it just took awhile to get it done. Interestingly, many high service spots (not necessarily upscale) generally greet you with a "welcome back or some acknowledgement that you've been there before"....nothing....
We went downstairs and parted ways.
The woman who took me to my locker was spot on in getting me a locker, robe, slippers, etc.
Then I went and relaxed..steaming and enjoying the soft quiet music. The masseur arrived a few moments early.
Most spots I've been to during the cooler months, they ask if you need eucalyptus or if you get a stuffed nose (attention to detail). She did not do that this time and I had to ask. Most spots also bring a bolster under your knees or offer one as you turn on to your back (never came up and I didn't want to speak and disturb my own relaxation). We finished. I went back and got in the shower. As I stepped into the shower I heard someone ask the time...it was exactly 750pm when I got in the shower...interesting. So I barely had a 50 minute massage. Quite honestly the rates are lately not worth the value...$95 for 50 minutes...not even a full hour is much higher than most places where the service was much better than this one had been.
Then I went to dry my hair and dress. There were two others in the dressing rooms. By the time was hair was dry...just me. The women that work for the spa had begun cleaning up and readying the room for the next day. No worries, I've waited tables and worked retail in my past. I get it. However, when they started to clean up in front of the mirror I was using as if I wasn't there and unplugged the hair dryer I was using...I began to feel rushed. If they were in a hurry to leave...why did they book a 7pm massage? My husband upon my inquiry felt his massage was rushed. Shouldn't the last treatment get the same level of service and enjoyment as all the ones before??? I did call the next day and speak to the director. She was apologetic. She offered to have us visit and use the amenities for the day which she said is a $100 value each. Okay..my husband spent 20 years as a controller in the hospitality industry. They say $100 value, but it is comped all the time. I was disappointed we didn't get another massage since it was such a bust. I'm not one that looks for free stuff...but this is service and was about feeling relaxed and that went out the window with all the rushing that was done by the employees...so I feel that would've reflected a better value to what we had spent.
We will go back at some point and give them one more shot...but I don't hold out alot of hope for change. Where goes the captain...so goes the ship.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank giggleslovebug
TheBallantyne, Director of eCommerce at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear giggleslovebug,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of The Spa at Ballantyne and celebrating your anniversary with us over the years. We value your feedback and apologize that your recent experience fell short of your expectations. We are committed to providing our guests with exceptional spa experiences, and again, we are sorry your visit was not representative of the fine service standards that we strive to maintain. Our Spa Director reached out to invite you back, and we are delighted that you and your husband will give us an opportunity to make things right. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful, relaxing couple’s massage. Thank you again for your feedback, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve the guest experience.

Spa Management
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Ambience was great but service just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have been to this spa before and was looking forward to a great experience. The Spa itself has a great atmosphere and is very relaxing. The staff who greet you and get you ready for your services are very nice. I had a facial and a massage. The facial was just OK. Nothing special. The massage also was not as professional as I had hoped. I told the therapist about the areas I needed work on and she did not spend more time on those areas as I had hoped.

My daughters and I had the Spa Lunch after our treatments. It was over priced and disappointing. We had chips and salsa to start with and the salsa tasted like it was out of a jar and the chips were stale, cold and salty. The lunch items were just average. The problem with the 'Spa Lunch' is that the waiter leaves and does not come back to check on you. No drink refills, no one to talk to if there are any problems.

Be aware that a large automatic gratuity is added to every spa service and the spa lunch.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Linda5355
TheBallantyne, The Spa at Ballantyne at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Linda5355,
Thank you for visiting us at The Spa at Ballantyne and for sharing your feedback. We apologize that we fell short of your expectations, as we are committed to providing our guests with satisfying experiences. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our atmosphere, and we value your feedback regarding your treatments and spa dining experience. We have your shared your comments with our executive management team. Our entire staff is dedicated to continuous improvement, and your feedback will help us move forward in our efforts to deliver memorable experiences for our guests.

Spa Management