“Day of Pampering”

The Spa at Ballantyne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa treatments are designed to nurture the mind and body through the use of ritualistic methods and healthy products in a calming environment. The Spa at Ballantyne provides a sensory experience to soothe the senses and enhance wellness. Choose from a selection of spa services including massage, facial, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and hair salon services. Explore indigenous treatments like the Carolina Lavender Spa Collection, day spa packages, overnight spa packages and fitness experiences. Enjoy spa dining, pools, steamroom, saunas, whirlpools and lounges to complete your spa destination experience.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I gave my daughter a spa visit for a Christmas gift and while I was in Charlotte to see her, I joined her to redeem her gift. We did the Beautiful Day package which included a massage, facial and pedicure. From the minute we arrived we were pampered and spoiled. I can't say this was the best massage I've ever had but it was good and got higher marks because she did a hot stone rub on my back and arms. Rosie did my facial and was wonderful - my daughter's esthetician gave he a list of recommended products but I appreciated that Rosie didn't give me a hard sell even though I asked her for an opinion on my skin..

Our last treatment was a pedi. And again, it wasn't the best pedi I've ever had as I'm used to having a foot and leg massage included (at a much lower cost) but the results were great.

The facial was the highlight of the treatments for me but the atmosphere and pampering made up for any deficiencies. We did have an hour between the massage and facial so took advantage of some pool time. We both ordered a glass of wine and I ordered a couple of sliders my daughter's white wine was overpriced and not that great. They had to get a bottle of red for me so I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy it. Definitely not the kind of service we expected for their prices.

W ll we go back? Perhaps but only for the experience and opportunity to spend time together being pampered.

Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Anne B,

Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne with your daughter. We are glad you felt pampered and value your feedback on room for improvement. We take all comments very seriously and have shared your comments with our executive management team and spa associates. Our entire team is committed to continuing to elevate the guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for The Spa at Ballantyne

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Such southern hospitality from the moment my foot touched the interior of this spa. Meticulous detail and dedication is very apparent. Each staff member that I encountered was beyond pleasant. Bucky my masseuse was the BOMB.. I even had to tell him too much pressure.. I have never told my masseuse lighter pressure! If you have the opportunity to take some time off go to the Ballantyne Spa and ask for Bucky...

Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Stephanie C,

Thank you for visiting The Spa during your stay. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience, and and value your compliments regarding our staff, especially Bucky. Our entire team is committed to delivering a truly relaxing, memorable spa experience for our guests. Thank you for recommending The Spa, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited the Spa at Ballantyne on a recent trip to Charlotte. The well-equipped facility and professional staff made for an enjoyable visit. I received a facial from Nina, who was knowledgeable and attentive to detail. I hope to return on a future visit.

Dear phonebill,

Thank you for visiting The Spa during your recent visit to Charlotte. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience, and we appreciate your kind words regarding our facility and staff, especially your facial with Nina. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

After a hard weekend & partial work week, I was given a gift to come to this establishment to relax and be pampered. Mission accomplished... I am kinda taken away with some of the plain & ordinary refreshments, especially for the price.
I think I will return on a day when I'm not so tired and reevaluate.

Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear duch319,

Thank you visiting The Spa, and we are pleased you were able to unwind and enjoy our facilities. We value your comments regarding our refreshments and have shared your feedback with our executive team. Our entire team is committed to providing the best in spa treatments and amenities, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My girlfriend treated me to a day at the pool and a massage for my birthday. We arrived early at the pool to get our day started and to our unfortunate surprise there were no lounge chairs available. It was pretty tight and folks were saving chairs with towel while they were in the spa for services. Can't blame them as when you're finished you would need chairs again and there just wasn't enough to go around. We were able to come to an agreement to hold two chairs for some ladies while they were in the spa and give them up when we went in for massages. We grabbed lunch poolside and the food was okay. Not outstanding, but good. The drinks were great - everything takes a while so be prepared to order early and know that it will be at least a 30-45 minute time frame before the food arrives. The massages were excellent. My massage therapist was Debbie and she informed me that the spa was extra busy so she wasn't in her normal room. The room we were in was originally used for facials and the massage table had a head rest that wouldn't lift up. That was disappointing since I have allergies and that is usually a better position when lying face down. We made do with a towel and everything worked out fine. I will say I have been to several spas and Ballantyne has room for improvement. they are almost there, but they need to invest in extra pool chairs, beverage service in the spa lounge and an extra space for spa goers to dine while they wait for services. I'll think about all of this before I plan another spa day at the Ballantyne Spa.

Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Jennifer G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We apologize that we did not provide a spa experience that was representative of the fine service and quality standards that we strive to uphold. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your feedback with our executive team. We are sorry that our food and facilities did not live up to expectations, especially during a birthday celebration. Again, we appreciate your comments, which will help us in our continuous efforts to improve the guest experience.