“Stressful”

The Spa at Ballantyne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa treatments are designed to nurture the mind and body through the use of ritualistic methods and healthy products in a calming environment. The Spa at Ballantyne provides a sensory experience to soothe the senses and enhance wellness. Choose from a selection of spa services including massage, facial, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and hair salon services. Explore indigenous treatments like the Carolina Lavender Spa Collection, day spa packages, overnight spa packages and fitness experiences. Enjoy spa dining, pools, steamroom, saunas, whirlpools and lounges to complete your spa destination experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stressful”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I made a reservations for my bf and i at the spa on 6/14/14 to have a relaxing Day but they gave me a stressful week. It was a really nice place. i was planning to go again but not anymore.
I was very disappointed when i found out that i got charged twice and got 2 overdraft fees because of the spa and the amount was different compared to the first time being charged also my bf got charged and it was a different amount too. I think this was fraud because they charged our cards different amounts without our authorization. I received a refund a week later from the spa after several disputes.

1 Thank Marissa H
Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Marissa H,

Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne. We apologize that you experienced inconveniences related to billing, and we tried to rectify the situation on our end. Our top priority is for our guests to have an exceptionally relaxing spa visit from start to finish, and again we are sorry that you were disappointed in this regard. Thank you for sharing your feedback, as we always look for opportunities to improve the guest experience.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I've had better”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

During our wedding anniversary, my wife & I decided to enjoy a Couples Retreat Package. What a let down. From the time we stepped foot in the spa, I knew it was not going to be a good day. The front desk had trouble finding our reservation. The concierge rushed through the tour although he knew it was my first time there and we were early. There was no attentiveness at all. However, the massage was very relaxing. Then, we were taken to our pedicures 15 minutes past our appointment time. To be such a world renowned resort, I expected better out of this spa. We will not be returning, as there are far better spas around.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank TravelBishop
Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear TravelBishop,

Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne for treatments during your hotel stay. We apologize that we did not provide the great service that we strive to deliver. Our goal is to make the spa experience as relaxing and memorable as possible, and we are sorry that your visit did not meet these expectations. We have shared your feedback with our spa management team and appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback.

Sun City West, Arizona
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Day of Pampering”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I gave my daughter a spa visit for a Christmas gift and while I was in Charlotte to see her, I joined her to redeem her gift. We did the Beautiful Day package which included a massage, facial and pedicure. From the minute we arrived we were pampered and spoiled. I can't say this was the best massage I've ever had but it was good and got higher marks because she did a hot stone rub on my back and arms. Rosie did my facial and was wonderful - my daughter's esthetician gave he a list of recommended products but I appreciated that Rosie didn't give me a hard sell even though I asked her for an opinion on my skin..

Our last treatment was a pedi. And again, it wasn't the best pedi I've ever had as I'm used to having a foot and leg massage included (at a much lower cost) but the results were great.

The facial was the highlight of the treatments for me but the atmosphere and pampering made up for any deficiencies. We did have an hour between the massage and facial so took advantage of some pool time. We both ordered a glass of wine and I ordered a couple of sliders my daughter's white wine was overpriced and not that great. They had to get a bottle of red for me so I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy it. Definitely not the kind of service we expected for their prices.

W ll we go back? Perhaps but only for the experience and opportunity to spend time together being pampered.

Visited June 2014
Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Anne B,

Thank you for visiting The Spa at Ballantyne with your daughter. We are glad you felt pampered and value your feedback on room for improvement. We take all comments very seriously and have shared your comments with our executive management team and spa associates. Our entire team is committed to continuing to elevate the guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Las Vegas, Nevada
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Bentley's... Baubles....Bucky”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Such southern hospitality from the moment my foot touched the interior of this spa. Meticulous detail and dedication is very apparent. Each staff member that I encountered was beyond pleasant. Bucky my masseuse was the BOMB.. I even had to tell him too much pressure.. I have never told my masseuse lighter pressure! If you have the opportunity to take some time off go to the Ballantyne Spa and ask for Bucky...

Visited May 2014
Ballantyne H, Spa Director at The Spa at Ballantyne, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Stephanie C,

Thank you for visiting The Spa during your stay. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience, and and value your compliments regarding our staff, especially Bucky. Our entire team is committed to delivering a truly relaxing, memorable spa experience for our guests. Thank you for recommending The Spa, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cary, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Relaxing, Refreshing Session.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the Spa at Ballantyne on a recent trip to Charlotte. The well-equipped facility and professional staff made for an enjoyable visit. I received a facial from Nina, who was knowledgeable and attentive to detail. I hope to return on a future visit.

Visited May 2014
Dear phonebill,

Thank you for visiting The Spa during your recent visit to Charlotte. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience, and we appreciate your kind words regarding our facility and staff, especially your facial with Nina. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.