“a happy traveler”

Ranked #48 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Randleman, North Carolina, United States
“a happy traveler”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Charlotte/Matthews are super! I have spent 4 weeks there over the last couple of months and have always enjoyed my stay. I requested the same room and on 3 of my weekly stays they were able to accomodate me. All of the staff deserve some kudos!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cathy C
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Cathy C,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are glad to here that you have consistently enjoyed your stay here with us. I will definitely pass along your kind words to our entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Was offered a room on the 2nd floor. When we opened the door you.could tell someone had smoked in it. They.gladly changed my room. The whole hotel is non smoking. Breakfast was continetial but will go to a hot breakfast in July 2013.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank sfcengland
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review of our property. I will certainly follow up with housekeeping as there are times in which guests decide to smoke in the room even though we are a non-smoking property and fees are applied to those who decide to do so. When this is the case, we need to ensure that we service those rooms until the smell is gone so I apologize about the initial room you were given. I am glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you soon,
Cheraw, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stay at this Fairfield Inn and Suites all the time wihen in Charlotte. The people are super nice and make sure your needs are met. They have a guide book that their employees did and it is great. Helps you find whatever you are looking for.

Traffic can be a little hectic but, hey, it's the city.

Room Tip: I try and stay on an upper floor just because some people walk heavier than others. There is no pro...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Linda,
Our goal is to provide consistently superior service and i am so glad our staff was able to convey that throughout your countless times in the area! Our ''Go-Book'' has been very popular with our guests and I am glad to hear you found it useful! Thank you so much!
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The room was very nice, it wasn't to over the top... Staff was very nice and helpful... The beds were extremely comfortable and the breakfast was very good as well... I will for sure stay at that facility again... I especially liked the fact that they had hardboiled eggs at the facility

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Turbodork1784
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed our amenities! Our breakfast is going to get even better by summertime! We hope to see you again soon,
Seven Lakes, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We booked 7 rooms for a state basketball tournament and unsure if we would stay overnight, I spoke with management and they were very accommodating in giving us a later cancellation time. Lucky for us we won and got to enjoy the great night at this hotel. Thanks for placing the customer ahead of sometimes written in stone company policies. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Rob S,
Thank you so much for allowing us to host your basketball team at our hotel! It was great to have your group here with us and we are even that more excited that you won! Congrats! Customer service is our number one policy within our company and our staff strives to provide the best service around! We hope to see you again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Wow, quite surprised! Left a Fairfield in Weirton WV which we rated a 5 and came here and was expecting same level and was VERY disappointed. Where to start. Staff seemed very nice, person who checked us in was very freindly. Disappointment started with breakfast. The Fairfield in Weirton was a really nice Hot breakfast with a lot of choices. Here in Matthews it was almost a continental breakfast... they said they ran out of bananas??? Had to ask for the fruit cups as there were none in the refrigerator and there was only two containers of yogurt in the refrigerator? Nothing hot other than the customary waffles. They also said they ran out of vanilla creamer for the coffee? How do you simply run out of these things that everyone always keeps in stock?
We then went to the pool area which had not been cleaned! Empty soda can on floor, dirty towels everywhere on the floor, hair barrets on a table, and NO CLEAN TOWELS.
Then went to workout room, again NO CLEAN TOWELS!!! There also was no free headphones to use on the nice workout equiptment.
AGAIN, I stay in Marriotts ALL THE TIME so I am not simply complaining... I was just in another Fairfield the three nights prior and experienced none of these issues.
Again, to be fair, the place looked amazing. During summer it has a great back deck with fireplace and built in grille. Very new and seemed to be clean.
Challenges would seem to be a result of poor management who does not keep the staff and hotel up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Sean F,

Let me start by saying that this is not a typical stay here with our hotel. As you can see from our numerous 5 star reviews and current rating for the city of Charlotte, this was certainly a hiccup on our end that I can assure you has been fixed. I take full responsibility as we were not prepared for a large group that ''popped up'' due to conditions in the area but there is no excuse for your disappointing stay. i will say that we do have the standard Fairfield Inn & Suites breakfast package and all Fairfield Inn's are changing to a hot breakfast in the summer of 2013. I truly hope that we get to prove to you that we are one of the Top 5 hotels in Charlotte and welcome you back at any time. Please contact me directly and I will ensure that we will take care of you the next time you are in Charlotte. I was pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and we gope to regain your trust. Thank you for your feedback as it has only made us better and we gope to see you again,
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My son and I came in town for a concert. We had a wonderful stay from the time we checked in till the time we left. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was wonderful, and all staff we encountered was extremely nice. Loved and would definately recommend or stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
hdgreear,

We hope that you and your son had a great time at the concert! I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that our staff was great. We look forward to seeing you here again soon! Thank you,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
East Forest
Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!