“Very accommodating & friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
Ranked #62 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Murrieta, California
“Very accommodating & friendly”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was having a bad experience at a different hotel by the airport and left there to come to the Fairfield Inn early in the morning. I had a reservation for later that day but front desk clerk allowed me to check in early. Thanks Fairfield

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stay at this hotel when we come to Charlotte. It's centrally located near both my family and our friends. We wouldn't continue to stay, however, if it weren't for the friendly staff. They always greet us when we enter the lobby whether we are coming and going or downstairs for breakfast.

This time I forgot the power cord for my computer. I asked at the front desk if they had a spare that I could borrow. Jamie said that there weren't any Dell power cords but promised to bring her personal cord from home for me to use during the three days of our stay!

Earlene, who manages the breakfast area, was pleasant and helpful every morning. She assured me that there was always fresh coffee and even went to get some more when it ran low.

We will continue to stay at this hotel every time we come to town!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Morgan was extremely friendly and helpful. He gave me directions to a local park to run at as well as a place to grab a late dinner. He took a genuine interest in my run after I got back. The rate was the lowest of the three hotels I stayed at during this trip to the greater Charlotte area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Letohachee
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, only stayed one night but it was a nice experience. Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was clean and very well kept. The location was excellent, lots of restaurants and shopping centers. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Everyone at this Fairfield was extra friendly and helpful. For example, the guest washer was out of service on Saturday. Since no one was coming to fix it until Monday, they let us use their industrial washer to clean our clothes. Rooms were clean and reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet wasn't fancy but had everything to satisfy us: scrabbled eggs, sausage, hard boiled eggs, muffins, waffles, cereal, fruit and yogurt,

I slept fine but my wife had a back ache and thought maybe the mattress was too soft. The hotel is on Route 74 and traffic always seemed to be backed up because of all the lights. We found using the GPS and side routes a little more efficient to get places.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jersey City
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Modern, clean and conveniently located, in other words what you would expect for this type of hotel. Breakfast was the standard offering of pancakes, cereals, sausage, yogurts, bagels... plenty of restaurants nearby in various shopping malls.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Clemmons
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am a home health nurse, and I travel to Matthews, NC monthly to see a patient for 3 consecutive days. I have stayed at several hotels in the area over the past 3 years, and the Fairfield is by far the best hotel in the area. Some of the best things are: the price ($99 per night), the shower (fantastic water pressure), and the bed (had my best night's sleep in months). The staff was incredible. Always courteous, attentive, and helpful. I will stay here on ALL of my future trips. I will be seeing this patient monthly for years to come. This is the BEST hotel in Matthews.

Room Tip: Honestly, I am sure that all of the rooms are fantastic.