“Fantastic room, stinky lobby”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is really center of the city, close to everything and very modern decor. I would have given them an excellent rating if they would have quit spraying some kind of floral cheap perfume smelling spray in the lobby. I was allergic to it and had to hold my breath every time we ran to the elevators to get away from it. Thank heavens the stink didn't seep over to the included breakfast buffet area where omelets, potatoes, bacon or sausage and hot cereal are offered. The first day we were there a nice assortment of pastries were out but as the weekend progressed there were slim pickins in that department. I liked that the elevator can not be used without a key card and the a/c in the room is quiet and efficient on the wall type of thermostat. The full kitchen is complete with dishes and wine glasses and toaster. The bed is very comfortable and the large swivel TV's picture is bright and clear. The valet parking is worth every dime charged. There is a limo service not connected to the hotel that is very reasonable right on the corner for short jaunts downtown or to the airport for $25.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TheMaven2u
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we do apologize for the scent. We do not regularly use any kind of deodorizer in our lobby, I am not sure if something was maybe spilled. We did address the issue with housekeeping, and hopefully we can get the issue fixed.

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Charlotte Center City

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights & had zero complaints

We were in town for a NASCAR race & picked this hotel as it is super close to the NASCAR hall of fame, airport bus & NASCAR transport all literally minutes away

Hotel is modern, clean & functional. Rooms are large & comfortable with full size refrigerator also

I used the gym & was happy with the equipment & facilities. There is also a outdoor pool which looked very inviting! There is also a laundry, all located on level 7.

Breakfast is included which is great. The quality and choice was pretty good & also has a lady making omlettes. Was a very busy weekend at the hotel when we were staying there were many guests in town for NASCAR, multiple graduations, weddings & other events. Breakfast was chaotic with the amount of guests but we just had to be patient

Can not complain at all about this hotel. Great place to stay. Zero complaints

• Stayed: May 2013
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your review! I am very happy you got to enjoy everything our hotel has to offer. I hope you come stay with us again the next time you are in Charlotte!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Hotel is a fairly short cab ride from the airport. Standard charge is $25. Checking in was a breeze with friendly staff. The room was spacious and to my surprise had a full size refrigerator with a working ice maker! Eliminated those dreadful trips down the hall or who knows where for ice. The room was spotless; bed was very comfortable with a nice selection of pillows. Only downer was one TV that swiveled from sitting area to the bed. It was a large flat screen with plenty of channels. Breakfast was included and was quite a step up from what is offered by similiarly priced hotels. Coffee was bitter and the room did not have regular coffee the first day, but was corrected the second night. Elevators were plentiful and quick. Stayed three days but would like to have spent the week.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Sorry we did not have your coffee the first day, and I do apologize you found our coffee bitter, we do offer specialty Starbucks Coffees down at the HBar, but they are not included with the breakfast. Please come back and see us the next time you are in town, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Brought to me by a discount hotelier on the internet, I was a little skeptical about the "outstanding" rating given to this establishment. Yet I was totally amazed by this address. The valet parking was superlative. The efficiency of the front desk staff on my check in was superlative. The room was incredible! From a large screen LCD, an airy roomy suite, full kitchen and designer toiletries, my bell was rung. What a wonderful rest after an endless drive from Canada. A light supper, including cheese, crackers and fruit was totally sumptuous and at 8 dollars was a steal. This was followed by a decadent early morning breakfast. (all included) What a pleasant surprise with the complimentary breakfast....custom made eggs and packages. We are soon to visit Charlotte and will always stay at this resort.

Room Tip: stay up high and away from the elevators and street traffic!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank William K
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to hear that we will be your hotel of choice when you are in Charlotte, I hope you plan on trying some of our Hyatt properties elsewhere. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Regularly stay in this hotel. Staff are excellent and extremely helpful.. Location is excellent and close to city centre and 15/20 mins from the airport

rooms are impressive, well serviced and very comfortable.

Downside, room service food menu is poor and not appealing!! However there are a lot of restaurants nearby which do have take away!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PKing_Eire
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel, so glad to hear we are your hotel of choice in the city!
Please, feel free to contact us, or let us know the next time you are here some new items you would like to see on our menus, we will do what we can to accomodate you.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The construction outside, coupled with the noisy a/c unit in the bedroom was annoying. I ended up sleeping in the living room area on the sleeper sofa. That's really my only complaint.

The valet helped me a lot with my luggage, since I had a recent back injury. He put all my luggage on the cart and helped me take it into the lobby. I checked in and the sweet young lady at the front desk helped me (I wish I could remember their names!) take my luggage up to my room. She was really nice and then helped me with my luggage upon checkout.

The hotel is really nice and convenient to the Time Warner Cable Arena--as it's adjacent to the venue. I was there to see Eric Clapton and the entire experience was perfect.

Room Tip: Watch out for the suites, as their A/C system is noisy in the bedrooms. Try and get a room away from...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KCS1958
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Welcome back, so glad you were able to come and see us again!
I had heard the Clapton concert was great, and we are very happy that you were able to spend your time with us again.
Please contact us and let us know which suite you were in, the AC units should not be noisy, we would like to look into that.
Charlotte is still growing, and the construction noise you heard was the first phase of the street car project they are working on. That portion will be completed soon, and I do apologize that you were here during that.
Come see us again if you are in town!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Extremely Trendy..beautifully decorated..clean..Nicely positioned..safe environment..Awesome view of downtown from room.Spacious room......Its worth the Money..and thats something thats hard to say in todays economy..This place is a true THUMBS UP

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank No Hate H
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

What a fantastic review!!! Thank you so much for that. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back anytime.