“Wonderful weekend get away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Charlotte Center City

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful weekend get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I just went to the Jazz festival in Charlotte this weekend. We chose to stay in the Hyatt House over staying in the Omni Hotel in which we stayed in before in Charlotte. The Omni was nice but for the money the Hyatt House is a much better deal. The Omni hotel nickel and dimes you on extra cost ($6 bottled water in the room, etc). Hyatt house didn't. The only other cost at the Hyatt was for parking($22 per day) but you can avoid that by parking across the street for $12 per day. We loved it. The only thing better about the Omni was the size of the roof top pool but Hyatt House pool was ok. Just a little small. The staff was great, the room was great and clean, and the breafast which is included, was as good as I have ever had at any all inclusive resort we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed at several in the Carribeans. I think its a great location and overall a great deal. i will defiantly stay there again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do keep us in mind the next time you are in the Charlotte area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

This hotel is a true jewel. I recently stayed, during a trip to Charlotte, to see a concert. This was no easy trip for me. I am currently battling Leukemia and just finished my second round of chemo, so I was a little scared of staying in a hotel room, because of possible germs.I had no reason to worry. The room was immaculate. I felt safe, from the moment I walked into the room. I was able to relax and enjoy my time, in Charlotte. Not only was the room amazing, but the staff was wonderful. They really went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and feeling okay. We were always greeted with smiles upon entrance and when leaving the hotel. The entire experience was a joy and we will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gwugirl03
We are sorry to hear of your battle with Leukemia, but keep fighting, you can get there. We discussed your review with our housekeeping department, they were thrilled they were able to make you more comfortable with your stay.
Come back and see us, we would love to have you here again!
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Let me start by saying I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to hotels...not hard to please, but hard to impress. And my wife and I have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the United States. So with bar set pretty high when it comes to hotels (high expectations for appearance, cleanliness, and friendliness/efficiency of staff) -- and Hyatt House just got done not only meeting but exceeding ALL our expectations. There's a spacious, open lobby. There's a chic, "Kimpton-boutiquey" bar (where, by the way, the bartender gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner and even called ahead for us to make a reservation: a place within walking distance called "5 Church" ...their signature drink is the Viper...wow). When we checked in and went up to the room assigned (a standard King room, and we'd requested a corner room with a view) we discovered we were not in a corner room and we felt the layout of the room was a bit strange (it had a crowded feel). So we called down to the front desk and asked if they had assigned us the wrong room. The front desk person said, "no problem, would you like to see another room?" and within two minutes was up on our floor with another set of room keys to look at another room, this time a corner. It was gorgeous. Wide open. Huge. Fantastic shower. Great bed. Immaculate. In the morning, we overslept and got downstairs as they were tearning down the breakfast buffett. Employees ALL went out of their way to help us, delaying the tear-down a bit so we could get some eggs, delicious cheese grits, sausage, and coffee. Then, after we were seated, the wait staff double-checked in on us to be sure we had everything we needed! This is not just Southern Hospitality (although that's part of it), it's great hiring and training. Just an amazing stay at a fantastic hotel for a great price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaryO425
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear the staff was so helpful during your stay. We will be sure to share with everyone how you felt about the stay so we can continue to offer the same service.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here for a convention in April. The hotel is really nice. We got up to our room and found it to very nice! Stylish and comfortable. Wished I could have slept in since the beds were so comfy. Bar area was great as was the fitness center. The front desk staff was very helpful!!!! It isn't right in the middle of everything but close enough. We got a little exercise from walking so not a bad thing. Only thing I was bummed about was the pet fee. They allow pets but the fee is $150. Was supposed to stay one more night but had to check out due to the fee. I adopted a sweet dog from a rescue in the area. Other hotels charges ranged from $20 - $50 so I couldn't justify paying their higher rate. The front desk even talked to the manager for me, which I appreciated. Even still, I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Right beside the Basketball arena.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please come back and see us, and make plans to stay an extra day so you can sleep in, its worth it!
Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived shortly before a concert at Time Warner Arena. I loved the decor, purple! Our room had a beautiful purple chair, bench and lamps. Loved them. We were surprised to see a kitchenette, with a full sized stainless steel fridge, in our room. It had a living area, and bed off to the side. The bathroom was separated by a pocket door. It was a great room. Much larger then I had expected. Our room over looked the pool, and Time Warner Arena. The pool seemed very small. 3 people seemed to be the maximum it could hold. The bed was average, and the pull out couch was pretty basic. Breakfast had a great selection. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope you come back and stay with us again!
Mount Olive, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

From the moment I pulled into the Valet Parking area to the moment I left the next morning, this hotel far exceeded any expectation I could have had. Not only were every member of the staff whom I encountered (including those I simply passed by in the hall or dining area) classy and professional, but respectful and extremely personable. The King Suite was immaculate, including a full size stainless steel refrigerator/freezer, flat top stove, dishwasher and all dishes/utensils,etc. you could need. The hotel focuses on "being green," included recycling bins, and no where would you find the typical disposable cup wrapped in plastic. It was a very well arranged suite and I immediately felt like I was at home the moment I stepped through the door. It was not arranged in a squared off "hotel suite" manner, but instead the areas flowed together like a suite should. The amenities were outstanding and others were available if you forgot something "out of the ordinary." I was in town for the biggest job interview of my career and thus was up until 1:00am finishing my preparations. It was quiet and I heard no noise from outside the room. Most importantly, when I awoke only 5 hours later on the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a hotel, I felt as if I had the most restful full 8 hours of sleep ever! The complimentary breakfast available was better than any I've previously seen, and the other hotel guests were a step above those I've encountered at other hotels. I would recommend that any business professional traveling to Charlotte, NC stay at the Hyatt House if they desire an atmosphere that effortlessly accommodates all your needs, provides a restful stay, other guests who are interested in networking and helping each other, the best security features I've seen in a hotel setting, extremely friendly housekeeping staff and a staff in general that consists of the what I would describe as easily the best in the industry. The Hyatt House Charlotte Center City receives 10 out of 5 stars in my eyes! Thank you all for making my first trip to Charlotte a memorable one!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! The whole staff loved the review, please come back anytime.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

My first time staying in Charlotte and I was unable to book at hotels my fellow business traveler s recommended or were staying at. HYATT house was an unknown to us, but I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon it. The decor is hip and beautiful, service exceptional and the valet parking is efficient and convenient. Also, the quietest room I have ever stayed in. Love that it is pet friendly. Menu was creative and food quite good. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucky for both of us you were not able book any of the other hotels. Thanks so much for staying with us, and your review, please come back anytime.