“Great Stay!”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Love this new Hyatt Brand! First time in a Hyatt House. Loved this hotel. Customer service was outstanding on the in and out! Beautiful room. Quick stay....but so glad I picked this over my regular hotel. This will be my new Charlotte hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased to your new hotel of choice! The HYATT house brand is still growing, but make sure you look for us when you travel. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This a great place to stay if you are in need of a room. Rooms are spacious and clean. The lobby is beautifully decorated and so welcoming. We stay here twice a year for conventions and we wouldn't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to having you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Hyatt House Charlotte for New Years Eve. Our room was very spacious with a separate sitting/dining area. There were two flat screen TVs in the room and plenty of space to be comfortable.

The room seemed brand new with the exception of a few hiccups. There was some brown/black shmutz on the curtain covering the (stayed in room 1104) window and there was also some mold forming on the ceiling in the bathroom near the shower (probably from the low ceilings and the humidity/steam). Other than that it was a beautiful room.

I also really appreciated the satellite TV with all the channels, there is nothing more frustrating than hotels that only offer 20 or 30 channels, it is 2014 people... get with the times.

One suggestion is that the lobby could use some sprucing, very plain and boring. Also there seemed to be some major elevator issues on the day of checkout (Jan 1, 2014).

Overall a very nice Hyatt property!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I have copied our housekeeping department on your review to have them check the room, thank you for letting us know, and we apologize for those issues.
As far as the elevators, I do know that the 1st was a very busy day for checkouts, and sometimes the elevators can take a little longer when they are stopping on each floor.
Thank you once again, and please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great staff, great location! Rooms are trendy and stylish. Flat screens are oversized and it feels cozy and comfy after a long day of travel. Check in process was quick and the front desk welcomed me with a smile as soon as I walked in the lobby. The hotel is connected to Time Warner Arena which makes it a must during NBA Season. Complimentary breakfast is hot and made to order. Fresh food, premium coffee and great customer service atmosphere. I look forward to visiting again CIAA week!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank carol2442
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to having you back during the CIAA tournament!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the Hyatt House last Thursday evening. We had some difficulty finding the place due to all the construction work being done all around the hotel. Once we arrived, the staff was awesome. Very friendly people. They couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. The "efficiency" room we stayed in was very comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. As others have posted, the omelette was the best, ever! When we need a place to stay in the Charlotte area in the future, we will definitely stay at the Hyatt House.

Room Tip: The efficiency room is very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RedParker
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the construction, the city said they would be done by then.
Please do come back and see us, I hope the roads will be cleared by then!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here a few months back and my experience was AWESOME! The location, the room, the omlette bar and customer service were top notch. The only thing that kept my experience from being next to perfect was the fact that my car was broken into. Since parking was $22 per day at the hotel, I opted to park across the street for a lesser fee of $10. Afterall, it was clear across the street and I could in fact see the lot and car from my room window so I thought nothing of it. The morning after check in, when I finally managed to tear myself away from the plush bed and returned to my car, there it was, all in disarray. Steering column broke, winsheld cracked, radio ripped out and hundreds of dollars in damages. It was the worst! The woman at the front desk tried to be very helful and was kind enough to let me use the phone to call police. After waiting about 30 min, the police showed up, took a report and I had to have the car towed (even more money) Needless to say from that point on my weekend was ruined and I ended up paying a lot more than I bargained for. Overall, still an AMAZING place to stay just be sure to use the hotel parking!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank esledge21
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you car was broken into, that is just horrible. We hope that did not change your opinion of our hotel too much, and we hope you come back to see us again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We loved the hotel and location, but $22 daily parking is a bit much. There's a lot on N. Caldwell next to the hotel for $5. Our room was 1604 and faced N. Caldwell St. nice skyline view from the 16th floor, could still hear the emergency vehicles. The cooked to order omelettes were great. The buffet breakfast had scramble eggs, bacon, potatoes with red & green peppers, great grits, toast, bagels, and assorted donuts and muffins. There's flavored herbal teas and coffee. The bar area looks great and it was comfortable. The business center has 3 large flat screen computers and a printer. The gym and pool are on the 7th floor, hotel has 17 floors total. There are only 2 elevators and they are slow. We had a king studio with full kitchenette, full size frig, microwave, dishwashers, garage disposal, silverware, dishes, wine glasses, wine opener, 2 burner cook top, sofa, desk, and huge TV. The bathroom has large shower and pocket door. Its our #1 in downtown from here on!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wait for elevator, have to use room card to operate elevator. Breakfast Monday...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, we are happy you enjoyed your stay overall. I am sorry you found our parking too expensive, please keep in mind we do have a parking package available on Hyatt.com that will help you save some money. The lots adjacent to our hotel do have rates that can be lower than ours from time to time, but please note those rates are for a 12 hour time period, and can change based on special events in the city. I have seen them go as high as $30 to park.
Please keep us in mind the next time you come to Charlotte!