This is my husband and I's go-to hotel any time we travel to Charlotte for a getaway. Each time we come to Charlotte we discuss the option of trying a new hotel, and we just can't find anything better than the Hyatt House!
The location is excellent, right beside the TWC arena, 1 block from the Epicentre and great nightlife, and within walking distance to many other popular areas in Charlotte. The valet parking package with in and out privileges also allows for extensive traveling around the city!
Amenities: The hotel's breakfast (included in your stay) comes with numerous hot breakfast options, cereal, juice, and an omelet station. It is delicious!! It can be crowded, so allow a little bit of time to enjoy. The roof-top pool is a neat addition to the hotel, and I believe that it is heated in the winter (like a hot tub). We did not get the chance to try it out during our last stay, but enjoyed it during the summer.
Rooms: All rooms are suites and are in brand-new condition with modern decor and an amazing bed! We have tried both the King and King 1 bedroom suite. They are both very large, with sitting areas, kitchens, and full-size refrigerators. The King Suite is all in one room (w/ no division) but still feels extremely large. This room was perfect for our weekend! There is one TV in the room that sits in the middle and can be viewed comfortably from anywhere in the room. We stayed in the 1Bdr suite on our last trip bc the King Suites were booked. This reservation cost a bit more, but the room was much bigger, included a sleeper sofa, a separate bedroom with closing doors, 2 TVs and all other amenities the other suites offer. For just the two of us, the King Suite itself was perfect, but for a party of 2 or more or for an extended stay, I would recommend the 1 bedroom!
Our Recommendations in the area:
- Check out 5 Church (restaurant) for a spectacular and romantic dinner at one of Charlotte's newest restaurants. It is on 5th and Church and is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
- The Cigar Lounge at the Marriott is a neat scene with a fun alternative to other nightlife activities.
- Suite and Bubble at the Epicentre are great places to go if you're a late-nighter.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to Charlotte for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt house Charlotte Center City blends urban chic with the convenience of guest-empowered travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 163 smartly designed guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, MP3 docking stations and waffle terry bathrobes while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Starbucks brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or Rooftop Terrace with lounge pool, alluring fireplace and cozy seating. Conveniently located adjacent to Time Warner Cable Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your HYATT house Charlotte Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.