“Extremely Satisfied!”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #11 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 25 March 2014

What a great hotel and staff! Our corner room was very nice, clean, and comfortable -- and had a nice view of the city skyline. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is steps away from the Time Warner Cable Arena and a short walk to shopping and restaurants. The outdoor pool is on the 7th floor and has nice seating areas around it. The free breakfast in the lobby was very good. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a great review!
We hope to see you again here in Charlotte!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Let me start with the good.
The front desk staff and kitchen staff were excellent (for the most part). I found one lady on our last day to be a little bit short with me, but that was definitely not the norm. Everyone else was incredibly friendly.
Our room (when we walked in) was incredible. We had a lovely view of the pool from our room. The room was huge, the bed was super comfortable and the shower in the bathroom was a great size.
I especially liked the full length fridge, and stove. And the location was excellent. We were close to everything uptown, and it was easy to get on the freeway from where we were.
The breakfast was a great addition. The omelette's and bacon were absolutely delicious.
Now for the bad.
We arrived quite late after a long day of traveling. After so many flights, I was ready for a shower. My husband was washing up at the sink when he said "we've been here 5 minutes and you've already left hair on the soap". I hadn't yet used the soap, and when I checked it was red hair on the soap dish. Both my husband and I have dark brown hair.
When I got in the shower, I immediately noticed a lot of red hair stuck to the wall of the shower. It definitely grossed me out. Obviously the shower was not cleaned (or not cleaned sufficiently) before we arrived. I was extremely tired so quickly finished showering and thought I would mention it to the front desk staff in the morning. When my husband and I went to bed, we noticed a huge stain in the middle of the bed on the sheets. My husband thought it was blood, but it could have been coffee. they had obviously been washed, but I would think sheets with a huge brownish stain in the middle would not be used again.
The next morning I spoke to the clerk at the front desk and told him about the issues with the sheets and the shower. He asked me if I was requesting a complete room clean and I said yes, that would be great. I was not rude about it, and was quite discreet. The clerk was very accommodating and mentioned he would get it sorted.
That night when we got back to our hotel, i checked the shower and the hair was still there. The sheets had been changed however.
We had the same cleaner for most of our trip (except the last day). And not once were the shower walls cleaned.
Its unfortunate, because the rest of the hotel was very nice. But I just didn't feel comfortable knowing that after asking for a complete clean, it still was not done. I would think a shower would be thoroughly cleaned especially between each guest stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melissamacdonnell
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your honest review, I am so sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues you had at our property. I believe that you have been contacted by our Assistant General Manager already, but please do not hesitate to reach out if we can do anything else. We hope you will come back to see us again so we can show just how good we can be.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I rented the whole 7th floor for a 40th birthday celebration. The rooms were very clean and modern. I loved the decor in the lobby. This hotel is in a great location for enjoying uptown Charlotte. I worked with Elisa for the whole process and she was extremely helpful!! I would stay again and recommend this hotel to anybody I know!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying here, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your 40th birthday!
Please come back again, we would be happy to host you and your group again!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It is located just steps away from the Time Warner Cable Arena. I was able to purchase inexpensive tickets to a Bobcats game and spent my evening eating dinner watching a great game. I was traveling alone, but felt very comfortable walking to the arena by myself. The hotel has everything a business traveler needs, including a fabulous breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and you got to see the Bobcats while they are on their playoff run!
Thank you so much for your kind review, please come back an see us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

A new hotel in Charlotte, good walking access for center city. Impressed by the friendly, helpful front desk with a block of 20 rooms, got fast help to arrange taxis for travel, and good suggestions for local resources. Enjoyed the 1-bedroom suite, small bedroom/bathroom but spacious living area with full kitchen, great windows and lots of light made it wonderful for business travel. No noise from hallway, heavy door, and quiet walls allowed restful sleep. Nice large standing shower in the bathroom, I'm a big fan of the shaving mirror and sink space.

Breakfast in the morning had a decent spread, fresh omelette station and nice coffee & tea. Would absolutely stay here again! A welcome change from the old massive indoor atrium concept Hyatt hotels. Nice job, Hyatt!

Room Tip: Corner suites have huge windows in both bedroom and living room and great light exposure.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review and for bringing your group to our hotel! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at The Fillmore. The location is perfect for events at the Time Warner Cable Pavilion - it is actually 'attached' to the arena. It's also a great location for events downtown/center city. The hotel seems recently refurbished and the rooms are comfortable and clean but nothing special. The service is great - we arrived late night and everyone was very helpful. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and it's a full, hot breakfast. We will stay here again if we come back to Charlotte for events.

Room Tip: Higher floors for quieter rooms and better views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Momma2LBP
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope you do come back for your next event here in Charlotte!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were in town for a concert and chose this hotel due to the proximity of the concert venue. I was completely satisfied with the hotel. It was clean, the staff was more than pleasant, and the food at breakfast was more than expected. I would be glad to return to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timmosams
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back for the next concert, or any other time you are in Charlotte!