“Loved the decor.”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel was nice and staff was welcoming. There was construction going on downtown so the GPS had a hard time finding the hotel with all the detours. Breakfast was good. Very crowded the day I was there so some issues with running out of food and plates. I did not like the proximity to the greyhound bus line. I personally did not feel safe walking past there at night as a woman traveling with her young son.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tigr333
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us, please come back and see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in downtown Charlotte. Because it was our anniversary the Hyatt House was kind enough to provide us with a corner room over looking the city on the 16th floor. The room was BEAUTIFUL! Very clean, modern and spacious. We wer close enough to restaurants, public transportation and pretty much anything we need. We were surprised that we had to pay to park, I guess I missed that when I did my research. Having said that we would definitely stay again. They had an amazing breakfast every morning and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Every time we ran across a staff member, in the hall or on an elevator they spoke to us and were extremely pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for something at a reasonable price, in the heart of the city and want the feel of a first class hotel experience.

Room Tip: If booking with a 3rd party (Hotels.com, etc.) service, indicate in the comments/notes section any s...
1  Thank Debbie P

Congratulations on your anniversary, and thank you for choosing us for your trip! We hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel definitely met my expectations as a solid 4-star. The only reason I am not giving it a 5-star review, is they do not go above and beyond in terms of service, as I feel a 5-star hotel should...but there is nothing wrong with this. The decor is very modern. The rooms feel like a studio apartment with excellent views. It feels like you are living as a young professional does in uptown. Rooms have kitchens, sofa beds, etc. Being a young adult, I loved the feel of this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review, and I do apologize that we were not able to go above an beyond for your stay. We definitely strive to make all of our guests experiences with us special and memorable, and it appears we fell a little short with yours. Please consider coming back to see us again, and we will show you that we can go above and beyond for you!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I recently spent most of one day and one night in Charlotte to see the Nascar Hall of Fame. I chose the Hyatt based on other Trip Advisor reviews and location. This hotel was the most comfortable of all we stayed in on a 13-day vacation! Location was just a few blocks from the Hall of Fame, and our studio suite room was so comfortable. Details for the studio suite can be found on the Hyatt web site and I am attaching photos, so I will just emphasize the comfort and attention to detail from the staff at this facility is way above average. We were on the 11th floor, so there was no problem with city noise. The buffet breakfast was outstanding -- from the omelets made-to-order to more selections than you could possibly want. And yes, the coffee was great!

My husband and I walked a few blocks in misting rain to eat supper at the Black Finn in the Epic Center. The walk was easy, even for senior citizens, and complete safe which is not always the case in an inner-city area. The hotel recommended this restaurant and gave us a 15% coupon to use. Our dinner was very good.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor which provided a great view of the city.
1  Thank MSSrcitizen

We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Charlotte! Please keep us in mind if you are ever coming back.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

stayed there just overnight, but the room was so well appointed we wished we had another day or two to be in town. the staff at the bar were great, the breakfast buffet was plentiful. the staff overall was very nice. the price was extremely reasonable for the type of accomodations. and the location was walking distance to many restaurants, so even though the valet parking was a slight inconvenience, we didn't need the car during our stay. would definitely stay again if we ar in the area. the pool area was quite relaxing, comfy lounge furniture.

1  Thank coolmom6

Thank you for staying with us, feel free to move in whenever you are ready!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

As a surprise for my mother's birthday I reserved a room for a single night at the Hyatt house. Although we live in Charlotte and have for 10 years my mother had never really explored Uptown, so I thought it would be a nice get away to spend the night as a tourist. I did not want to spend a fortune on the room, but wanted to be within good walking distance of everything, and a hotel that would provide a nice breakfast for the following morning. This hotel delivered this and exceeded my expectations. Rooms are nicely decorated; we were on the 16th floor and had a decent view of the skyline. Were also clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel had a very cushy European vibe and actually reminded us of the hotel we stayed in when we were in Athens, Greece which was a nice touch of nostalgia. The area in front of the hotel is currently under construction and was a bit of an eye sore at the entrance but don't let this deter you. The roof top patio was small but was still nice to have; we did not use the pool but did spend a small amount of time relaxing out there. Now the breakfast, can I say it was amazing and exceeded my expectations as far as free hotel breakfasts go. There was an omelet station, where you could have made to order omelet’s that were absolutely delicious, all other items made available were fresh and tasted great as well. If we ever decide to stay uptown again or have friends or family that need to we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GlamorousWanderer

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Mother's day outing! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again to see us for another getaway.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt House Charlotte City Center and write to praise the good folks at Hyatt and specifically at this property. It seemed that everyone went the extra mile, from Anita who checked us in and then out, to Angel who made sure my record showed the promo I forgot to mention on checking in; from Frances who called me back when I left a message for Housekeeping about a lost object, to the wonderful lady whose name I forgot who made the most delicious omelettes for me on both mornings.

The food was really good: the freshest fruit at breakfast, an ample and tasty buffet for the conference lunch, and yummy bar food in the evening. My only complaint was that the bar closed pretty early. Not that I am such a big drinker, but we were sad to check in late and find the bar had closed promptly at 11PM on a Friday night.

Would I go back? For sure. Will I stay at Hyatt House's elsewhere? You bet. In fact, the stay is prompting me to do the Diamond challenge. Thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and did fine on the 17th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElainePDX

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your kind review. We will make sure that Anita, Frances, and Angel all know how happy you were!
Please come back anytime to see us again.