“'uptown' Charlotte: fine place to stay”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #12 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Lovely rooms, attentive and friendly staff, excellent breakfast.
Yes, there is construction going on around the hotel, but this was no bother to us.
Stayed one night with my two grandchildren. Easy walk to Discovery Place and Levine Museum of the New South (both recommended) and restaurants.
This hotel is right next door to the Arena - great views of Charlotte architecture outside the windows (stay on a higher floor, cause if you look down, all you'll see are parking lots)
Note to travelers with children: in the evenings, the rooftop pool is a drinks spot for adults - the mornings are a fine time for kids to enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the 14th floor or higher to enjoy a nighttime view of Charlotte's interestingly shaped t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear how convenient you found our hotel, and how close we were for everything. Please come back and see us any time!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I had an excellent stay at the Hyatt House. We stayed for a long weekend. It was in a great location -- easy to walk to restaurants. The room was nice, bed was comfy and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel, please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We loved the classy decor both in the public rooms and our suite . In fact my review was heading for (an unusual for me) excellent rating. But this hotel was badly let down by its staff.

He did not ring back.

On the evening before departure I asked the reception staff to book me a taxi for the morning. They quoted me $20 for their car hire firm which seemed a lot for a short journey. I dithered a little but agreed to go ahead as the car would be more comfortable than a yellow cab . When I arrived at my destination the driver asked for $40 + gratuity.

I am unsure whether the receptionist made a mistake or I was overcharged. As we had checked out of the hotel I rang the duty manager to discuss this and left a message on his answerphone.

All very sad. A reasonably priced upscale concept let down by its staff - who incidentally were pretty poor at welcoming us too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JJRG

I am so sorry no one responded to your needs. Please contact us here at the hotel if there is anything else we can do to help.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pro: Room view (top floor), bed, spacious bathroom, mini kitchen (stove and microwave, dishes) full size refrigerator, customer service, and breakfast.
Con: Nothing really. Area around the hotel is under construction currently but no noise from it.

I stayed at his fine hotel for one night for business. I arrived at the hotel at 7am in the morning and not only were they able to check me in to my room (check in was not until 3pm) but they also allowed me have access to the free breakfast they have in the morning.

The breakfast was very good for a complimentary breakfast. Omelette station was great and had something for everyone.

The room was great. Comfortable bed, a good sized bathroom, comfy coach, and of course the kitchen. The kitchen had two burners, a microwave, dishwasher, and a full refrigerator.

Customer service at the hotel was great at every level. They helped arrange transportation with a reliable company.

Hotel location was right next the basketball arena. It was also a short walk from the Epicenter (restaurants and bars and shopping) and the Public Market (tasty food)

Overall very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank scoredonu

Thank you for leaving us a review, and for staying with us. Please come back anytime!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt House for the first time for a night in Charlotte. The location is great - central in Uptown next to the TWC arena. It's got a cool lobby and sports bar and the rooms are comfy with great beds; even full fridges and kitchens; floor to ceiling windows and couches. Free wifi throughout. Really awesome. (There's a pool, fitness center and laundry as well - didn't check them out).

Only downside is breakfast stops at 9:30 and if, like me, you were hoping for a to-go coffee running out at 10am you're out of luck. So drink up in your room before you head out.

Otherwise a perfect stay and a great value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank McAliente

Thank you for staying with us, please come back again. I do apologize about the coffee, I am the same way, and I go out to get another cup and it is already gone, and it is just 10 AM. We have spoken with our breakfast staff, and the coffee will be the last item taken down moving forward. Also, please ask if you need coffee, we can always get you a cup.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay! Friendly staff, nice clean rooms, beautiful pool, and the best breakfast we've had at a hotel. The rooms were very comfortable, and a great value for the price we paid. We loved the outdoor pool. Staff was super friendly and helpful!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank rickandkim

Thank you so much for your excellent review! Please come see us again the next time you come to Charlotte.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Hyatt House in Charlotte Center City is well-designed, with great amenities and very good service. The full breakfast, which is included in the reasonable price, is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had. The location is excellent for experiencing Uptown Charlotte. We will definitely make the Hyatt House Center City our regular place to stay in Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your great review!
We look forward to having you back the next time you are in Charlotte!