“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We are so happy with this hotel! The staff was so helpful and available for any requests! The only reason the hotel didn't receive 5 stars in my opinion is due to the $22 extra for valet only parking. I get the convenience aspect but when including tips it can add a significant percentage to the cost, I think a self parking option could hep to raise the rating to for for me. The staff accommodated my request for a high floor and good view and over provided with a corner room on the top floor. The breakfast is excellent and the bar also has superb food and drink specials for later in the day. Overall I would highly recommend Hyatt House, just don't forget some extra $1 for the valet tips.

Room Tip: The staff was more than gracious to accommodate my request for a high floor with with excellent view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cody R
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. In regards to parking, we do only offer valet for safety and security of our guests and their vehicles. We do have a parking package available on our website at Hyatt.com that can save you up to 50% on your parking fees. In addition, there are 2 lots adjacent to the hotel that offer parking at rates from $5 to $25 for every 12 hours.
Please do come back and see us again, we would love to have you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located blocks from uptown offices, and connected to the Time Warner Center and practice facility for the Hornets. The latter fact led to exciting celebrity-coach sightings in the lobby after work. The front dest was so helpful, the bedroom very comfortable, room service was fast, and the food was good (though there are truly amazing restaurants a mere block away). Ask for running routes at check-in and you'll receive a laminated card that will take you out of the business area and down a lovely creek with plenty of other runners, even at 6 am. Loved the full hot and buffet breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcar10
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We do have a lot of sightings of players and coaches, it is quite exciting.
Please come back again, we would love to have you.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Hyatt Center is the place to stay. All attractions are of walking exercise, and felt safe. The hotel itself have helpful and accommodating staff, always there t extend their customer service. The corner room was great for nighttime viewing. The bed and pillows were comfortable, my family had a good night sleep as there was no noise heard from the street nor the hallway. Breakfast and WiFi was complimentary, I had coffee, eggs, bacon an toasted bread which was enough for me. WiFi connection great as my son was on his computer with no difficulties.
What more can I ask if you have these amenities in a place like Hyatt! True enough you have to schedule your work out and use of the pool otherwise , just wait for your turn. Next trip here to Charlotte, no second thoughts of choosing where to stay, it will be in Hyatt!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ren P
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review! We would love to have you back anytime!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Lovely rooms, attentive and friendly staff, excellent breakfast.
Yes, there is construction going on around the hotel, but this was no bother to us.
Stayed one night with my two grandchildren. Easy walk to Discovery Place and Levine Museum of the New South (both recommended) and restaurants.
This hotel is right next door to the Arena - great views of Charlotte architecture outside the windows (stay on a higher floor, cause if you look down, all you'll see are parking lots)
Note to travelers with children: in the evenings, the rooftop pool is a drinks spot for adults - the mornings are a fine time for kids to enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the 14th floor or higher to enjoy a nighttime view of Charlotte's interestingly shaped t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear how convenient you found our hotel, and how close we were for everything. Please come back and see us any time!
Norfolk VA
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I had an excellent stay at the Hyatt House. We stayed for a long weekend. It was in a great location -- easy to walk to restaurants. The room was nice, bed was comfy and the service was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel, please come back and see us again!
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. We loved the classy decor both in the public rooms and our suite . In fact my review was heading for (an unusual for me) excellent rating. But this hotel was badly let down by its staff.

He did not ring back.

On the evening before departure I asked the reception staff to book me a taxi for the morning. They quoted me $20 for their car hire firm which seemed a lot for a short journey. I dithered a little but agreed to go ahead as the car would be more comfortable than a yellow cab . When I arrived at my destination the driver asked for $40 + gratuity.

I am unsure whether the receptionist made a mistake or I was overcharged. As we had checked out of the hotel I rang the duty manager to discuss this and left a message on his answerphone.

All very sad. A reasonably priced upscale concept let down by its staff - who incidentally were pretty poor at welcoming us too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JJRG
I am so sorry no one responded to your needs. Please contact us here at the hotel if there is anything else we can do to help.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pro: Room view (top floor), bed, spacious bathroom, mini kitchen (stove and microwave, dishes) full size refrigerator, customer service, and breakfast.
Con: Nothing really. Area around the hotel is under construction currently but no noise from it.

I stayed at his fine hotel for one night for business. I arrived at the hotel at 7am in the morning and not only were they able to check me in to my room (check in was not until 3pm) but they also allowed me have access to the free breakfast they have in the morning.

The breakfast was very good for a complimentary breakfast. Omelette station was great and had something for everyone.

The room was great. Comfortable bed, a good sized bathroom, comfy coach, and of course the kitchen. The kitchen had two burners, a microwave, dishwasher, and a full refrigerator.

Customer service at the hotel was great at every level. They helped arrange transportation with a reliable company.

Hotel location was right next the basketball arena. It was also a short walk from the Epicenter (restaurants and bars and shopping) and the Public Market (tasty food)

Overall very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank scoredonu
Thank you for leaving us a review, and for staying with us. Please come back anytime!