“Great nights sleep.”

HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Ranked #10 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Hyatt house Charlotte / Centre City hotel is located in the center of Charlotte & close to all amenities. It provides an ideal hotel to base as stay in the city as most city attractions can be easily walked to.

We stayed on the 16th floor in a suite and found the bed & pillows provided the best nights sleep we have had in a hotel for along time. Although, the bed is quite high off the floor!

There is a small pool & gym located on the 7th floor of the hotel but the high sides of the building meant that the sun very rarely gets into this area.

All the hotel staff are friendly and go out of their way to help sort out any problems you may have whether or not its related to wanting something extra for your room or giving directions to one of the nearby museums.

If you don’t feel like going out of the hotel to eat the hotel has a bar restaurant & room service.

We found the complimentary breakfast provided a good start to the day, offering a range of cereal, fruit & hot food.

At the time of our visit there is tram line works in front of hotel but didn’t really bother us, however at some point this work is going to go straight across the car park entrance.

The hotel provides valet car parking only so you should factor this cost in stay & a $3 to £5 tips every time the car is brought to you.

The one minor complaint was that no hotel staff knew where the visitors centre was located, even though it turned out that the centre has been open for 15 years! We corrected this issue by providing a load of visitor centre flyers to the front of desk staff so that they could be given to any other tourist who asked where it was located.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KVLiverpool
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for your review! I apologize that the front desk was not aware of Visit Charlotte, or other areas, I can assure you this has been addressed moving forward. Thank you for bringing back the flyers as well, we will be sure to use them.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed here one night and it was the perfect retreat away from home. I didn't want to leave. I'll be back there and I'll choose this hotel again. I loved the staff because everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and beautiful decor. The breakfast buffet was superb also! This is definitely one of the best hotels to stay in and affordable. I don't know why it's considered a 3 star establishment because it felt like a 5 star experience!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrea C

Thank you so much for your great review, it is good to hear we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my first visit to Charlotte in 8 years, so needless to say, things have certainly changed in Uptown. This hotel was non-existent before, but I'm glad it's there now.

When we arrived, the valets for parking were extremely organized and helpful. When we checked in, the hotel staff was courteous and professional. They asked if we needed directions or advice for anything, and that we could ask them at any time for any assistance. The room was clean, and very comfortable. We were also very impressed at the quality of the breakfast brunch (which was free - included with our room rate) and the selection of food available.

The hotel is situated right next to the Time Warner Center (the basketball arena) so it would be a perfect place to stay for a concert or basketball game. A few minutes' walk away is the Epicenter, which is a Charlotte attraction of restaurants, bars, shopping and more. We had a couple of events to attend at the Epicenter, and this hotel was perfect for that. The two main streets (Trade and Tryon) also intersect at the corner where the Epicenter is, so more restaurants, pubs, and shops are in the direct vicinity as well.

I would easily stay at this hotel again when we're back in Charlotte.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave L

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your return trip to Charlotte, things have definitely changed in the last 8 years, and it is good to hear you like the changes. Please come back sooner than that next time!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was wonderful from start to finish. All of the staff was very hospitable and helpful, especially Linda at the front desk.
For the price-the room was great-I was not expecting a suite with a kitchen and sitting area, so I was very pleased with that surprise. We were on the 8th floor with a view of the city. Our room was well appointed and clean.
The 7th floor has a pool, laundry area and gym
I had never been to Charlotte before, and when I do go back I plan to stay at this hotel again.
Oh yeah-great full on complimentary breakfast every morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda C

Thank you for leaving such a great review, we are very happy you enjoyed our hotel and our city!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am not a usual patron of the Hyatt brand but was pleasantly surprised by the facility! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was free and good but the number of people eating at the same time made it difficult to find a clean table. Due to city construction the valet service was a bit cramped but it didn't take away from the overall experience. We enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina M
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for trying us out, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully the road construction outside will be finished soon enough and we can get back to normal. Come back anytime!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great Hotel! Never a disappointment when staying at the Hyatt House Center City Charlotte NC! The staff exceptional! Rooms are always like brand new when you walk in! I always make a note & request a high room with nice view, they always see that this happens! If you are looking for location, value like new this is the place to stay:))

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammie800

We always appreciate our return guests, thank you so much for continuing to support our hotel, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my first visit to the Hyatt house in Charlotte Center City. You can't beat the proximity to everything downtown Charlotte has to offer. I received an early check-in to a lovely suite (typical for Hyatt House properties) there was more then enough room to feel relaxed. The gym was nice with a few machines to get some workout in. The bfast buffet was good, nothing over the top but the staff was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint with this property is that you have to valet your car and no self parking is available on site meaning your responsible for locating a place. They have recommendations to a lot across the street but it's not in a secure, covered lot. This left me with no choice but to valet which was never mentioned prior to booking. There is an expected fee parking downtown but not valet only. As a loyal diamond member I found this troubling.

It was nice to be right next door to TWC and back to my room within minutes. Restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping are all just outside your door. I definitely recommend this hotel when in Charlotte you won't regret!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank randy w

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your great review.
I understand your concerns with parking, and yes we do only offer valet parking here at the hotel for the safety of our guests and their property. The hotel is fairly new, and was built on a very small parcel of land. This makes our parking garage very narrow with many blind corners. We offer valet only due to the safety factor involved.
We hope to see you again!