“Atmosphere a little forced; cater to larger parties?”
Review of Enso Asian Bistro

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College and Trade
Transit: You can take the Lynx light rail or a Charlotte Area Transit System bus, both of which stop right at the EpiCentre.
Description: Part bistro, part lounge, part meeting place, Enso has something for everyone. From the exotic flavors offered on the menu to its contemporary, elegant design and decor, Enso is a feast for the senses. Enso offers Sushi & Pan-Asian fare in splashy digs with marble statues, imported fixtures & electronic music. We have weekly specials on food and drinks including great happy hour deals from 4-7 Sunday through Thursday.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Good food. Louder music than needed to be. The interior is attractive and lighting was spot-on so the throbbing music seemed a little pushy. Table of 10 to our left was a birthday party; Table of ten to our right was a party of tourists. Table in front of us was also a large party. The tables for two seemed too small to accommodate the multiple dishes and condiments you expect at a sushi restaurant; we actually had to turn the table sideways and then sit on the same side just to accommodate the plates.

Enso C, Manager at Enso Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us here at Enso. We appreciate the feedback and will take your comments into consideration. We hope that you will come and see us again, do not hesitate to let management know the next time you make a reservation with us, just reference your review on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am visiting from FL. The restaurant is located in center city. High-end furnishings, very neat, very clean. It appeared very busy and visited by locals and visitors alike. Chefs prepare specials and have a creative, mixed menu. Despite the busy atmosphere - service was over the top. Server Aaron met me with a choice of waters and walked me through wines. Depending on how I feel with the server on meeting the individual, sometimes I will let the server choose for me because I feel that they know their menu, wines etc. better than I. This really paid off for my visit at Ensos. Aaron explained items from the menu that I had questions about then I asked him for his suggestions (he was confident and very versed in the menu). I placed my order and then Aaron served a glass of wine to complement. Aaron was on his game! He allowed me to dine slowly bringing another glass of wine as my first glass ran low - yet he wasn't on top of the table like some servers can be. He was serving many others yet I didn't feel neglected - out of his sight. Between the Chefs preparations and Aaron's service I wanted for nothing. I will return to Ensos - and hope that Aaron will be there to walk me through another dinner. Cheers to Ensos -

Enso C, Manager at Enso Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us. We are glad Aaron was able to show a great time here at Enso, we'll pass on the message to keep up the great work. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Very modern and up to date place. The sushi was excellent! I would love to go back and try more things on the menu. I can definitely say the lobster and spider roll was very good.

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us. We are glad to hear that you had a great time, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Sushi here is fabulous, best shrimp tempura I have ever had. Husband also loved his spicy tuna roll. Bloody Mary was a little too spicy, but that is personal preference. Great atmosphere. Our server Aaron B. was great, attentive but not over bearing. This was our second visit and we will definitely go back again!

Enso C, Manager at Enso Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us here at Enso. I am so glad that you and your husband had a great time. I will pass along the message to Aaron to keep up the great work. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mother and I love sushi so decided to give them a try while visiting Charlotte. Sadly, they offer very few cooked rolls, so we had to select entrees.

I ordered a bowl of Miso soup and the jumbo tiger shrimp. This was one of the best bowls of miso soup I've eaten. Plenty of flavor and the ratio of broth to the other stuff in the soup was high. I enjoyed it a lot. At $5, it was priced a little high, but it was good nonetheless.

I switched the edamame mashed potatoes that came with the shrimp for rice. At $25, I needed to know that I would be able to eat the dish once served.

When my plate came out, I was slightly shocked. I had four petite piles of rice with a huge shrimp on top. The shrimp were tempura fried and had a spicy glaze on them. They were cooked perfectly and the sauce was a nice touch....just enough heat to taste it but not enough to set my mouth on fire. I don't know what the potatoes would have tasted like, but the rice really complemented the shrimp. I'm glad I made the decision to switch.

My mother ordered the seafood fried rice. She had a generous helping of seafood vs rice, but she did not like the dish. Her food was $18, and I still think I had the better value.

Our waitress was very nice and attentive, refilling our glasses often. The décor in the restaurant was very nice and I could see having an intimate dinner here.

Overall, I enjoyed my food and experience, just not the price.

Enso C, Manager at Enso Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us, I am glad you had a good experience. We hope to see you again soon.