“Deceptive Hotel Website”

Ranked #148 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Rochester, Michigan
“Deceptive Hotel Website”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Be forewarned: I booked a non-smoking room on the hotel's website. When I arrived the man at the front desk told me that they don't have specific non-smoking rooms (even though the web-site gives the choice between smoking and non). He told me they just spray a chemical around the room to mask the smoke odor. We looked at 2 rooms...they both smelled. Thankfully we were easily able to cancel our reservation and we found other accommodations in another neighborhood. The Arlington Suites and the neighborhood in general did not look nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LetsGo321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
cleveland, OH
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stay at Arlington Suites while on a 2 week long business trip. I was extremely happy with the room. The kitchenette made it so I didn't have to eat out every meal. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The managment staff aren't stuffy 'suits' who are out of touch with their guests. They 2 I met, Brian and Gayle, were so helpful and humorous. They make it a fun place to be. I peeked into one of the rooms that they are remodeling and it was so beautiful. I would definately stay here again when I return to Charlotte. Thanks for a great traveling experience, Arlington Suites.

Room Tip: Check out their new renovated rooms! Beautiful
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank angela b
happybizmom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I stayed with my Husband and 2 kids this summer for a whole month. We rented two rooms that were kept very clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I truly recommend staying at this property. The hotel is fairly priced and the beds are very comfortable. I am extremely picky when it comes to being comfortable since I have degenerative osteoarthritis and if I don't get a good nights sleep I am miserable the next day. This place is also family and pet friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank happybizmom
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Great place good value. The staff was fun and the FREE barbq was a wonderful surprise. They do it every friday for us. No other hotel i have stayed at does it. I work for the airlines, they do not have a shuttle but the manager even walked me to the bus stop which is in front of the hotel. MR. Brigham stayed there and we talked while i waited. What a wonderful heart he has. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This was wonderful; they had a barbeque on Friday night that made you feel like you were part of a family, not just staying in a hotel. I will have to come back and stay

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I had a relative stay there and is still occupied at this residence. The maintance man comes in the rooms when your gone. When they think you are sleep they come in the room unannounced. And most of all they think dont no one knows whats going on. They refuse to put safety lock in place on room doors so they can use master key to enter. Everyone this is not the cheapest hotel in Charlotte. Do not stay here.

Stayed December 2008
4 Thank LilSexyNorthCarolina
Maine
Reviewed 27 May 2009

The wife and I stayed here for the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race. Having read the one review, we were optimistic and made a reservation. When we got there, it was another thing. The place is supposedly "recently renovated". OK, well, during the renovation, nobody used any dropcloths. There were huge paint stains and glue stains in the hallway rugs. There was an old, decrepit air conditioning unit in the hallway, between 2 room doors. There were new bathtubs, albeit riddled with caulking (no dropcloth or post-work cleanup again). First morning we were there, we were moved because our tub was leaking onto the room below. We get to the second room, and the sink has cigarette butts in it. We asked for more towels, and were told "you're on a Monday cleaning schedule, so you get towels on Monday" (this was on Friday). And the towels are the cheapest, thinnest, linti-est jobs you can find. They cleaned the room on Monday, and gave us precious new towels (2), and overlooked the fact that there was ONE SQUARE of T.P. left on the roll. Went to the desk to try to get some T.P., and the office was closed. I had to drive to the CVS on Woodlawn and buy my own T.P. I left it as a tip for the cleaning lady, who told us she "didn't habla Englais". The "security doors" at the end of the halls had no locks, in fact one of the doors was recently kicked in or otherwise broken into. I would not recommend this motel to anyone, look at the pictures to see for yourself. On the plus side, the desk clerk and maintenance guy were very nice, even though they couldn't deliver the minimum level of services one would expect.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple