“Big Change from a year ago” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Charlotte NC

Motel 6 Charlotte NC
Ranked #139 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte
“Big Change from a year ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here last year for 2 days while visiting family. It wasn't bad then but I am currently staying at Arlington Suites again. I just moved back to Charlotte and am waiting on my apartment to become ready. I am amazed at the improvements that have been made. Rooms have been renovated and are beautiful, the exterior of the hotel looks so much prettier, and the staff is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly. I love my room. It is one of their newly renovated rooms. I have read the negative review on here about Arlington Suites, but I just don't see those issues here now. It is a great price, has a kitchenette, laundry facility, and I plan to be here for 3 more weeks until I move into my apartment.

Room Tip: Building 4 has new rooms and is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Sara L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

After paying in advance with a guaranteed late check in, we arrived at 11:00 PM. The lobby was closed but a sign said to call the number and they would answer. Three phone calls and 45 minutes later, we left and found lodging at a Best Western for close to the same price. It has been two weeks and they still have not answered the 3 messages left. Not what they promised.

Room Tip: Call the Best Western, at least you know what you are getting!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WillGayJr
azzkid, General Manager at Motel 6 Charlotte NC, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
I am sorry that you our potential guest had a bad experiance. We do provide a 24 Front Desk so I have no explanation as to this guest check-in issue. Perhaps the night auditor became ill and had an emergency. We must have reconciled the issue as it has not been a continuing issue. We also have added double staffing for the graveyard shift to provide for addition service with both employees.

Thank you for sharing as we do listen to our guest needs and experince.

Kindest regards and thanks for traveling with truley want to be your hotel of choice.

David Larsen
General Manger
Arlington Suites
Kent, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a dump. Garbage left in the garbage can. Sunflower seed shells on the floor. Scared to sit on the bed, let alone walk around without shoes on. Not so sure this was not a rent by the hour kind of place. Cringe at the thought of getting into that bed and putting my head on the pillow. Don't be fooled by the photos. The room was NOTHING like the photos. We checked out the same night we checked in. The ONLY good thing about this place was William, the desk clerk. What a sweetheart and a gentleman. This is a weekly/monthly rental place and not what you would expect. Oh and there was a SUV in the parking lot up on blocks, not sure if it was being worked on or in the process of being stripped.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Bev M
Greensboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Sketchy folks renting by the week, room had terrible bed, wifi kept going out, hole in the ceiling, old tv w/ remote that didn't work & had tape holding the batteries in, dingy & not very clean, toilet seat loose, holes in chair, dated furnishings looked like it came from a yard sale, morning clerk was not helpful. At least the water was super hot for shower & evening clerk was very nice. Pay more $ & stay someplace else.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank YourHomeTriad
Thank you for you comments concerning your stay at Arlington Suites. I have been at this hotel for over two years. Based on your comments we have been renovating our hote to make it a better place to be. Our hotel has 200 units and we maintain a high occupance of over 85 percent.
We have renovated over 100 hundred units and believe our all of our units will be renovate by Dec. of 2012. I also believe our value rates provide a good oportunity to enjoy our Jr suites for less than an economy hotel.

Thank you so much for your coments we truley value our guest and will continue to listen to our guest to make Arlington Suites a better place to be. We want all are units to meet your expectaition and this is why we have added a 24 hour guest laundry and vending. An on property shopping facilitiy (The French Market with fresh bakery and Star Bucks Coffees), A park setting for ourdoor courtyard dining including free gas BBQ grills along with our continuing guest room and interior corridor renovations.

Thanks for traveling and I wish you all the best.

Kindest regards,

David Larsen
General Manger
Arlington Suites
Direct 847-274-1011
Hotel 704-522-8810
Shelby, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed at the Arlington Suites for 1 night during the Clemson Virginia Tech ACC Championship Game and the hotel wasn't as bad as people reviewed it. Yes the furniture in the room was worn, but what do you expect for the price. I would stay here again. I didn't have a problem with the neighbors or any noise. It is also very close to I-77 and the Scaleybark Train Station which is a big plus. Compared to all of the other hotels in and around Charlotte, this hotel kept its price at its normal price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joey28152
Rochester, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Be forewarned: I booked a non-smoking room on the hotel's website. When I arrived the man at the front desk told me that they don't have specific non-smoking rooms (even though the web-site gives the choice between smoking and non). He told me they just spray a chemical around the room to mask the smoke odor. We looked at 2 rooms...they both smelled. Thankfully we were easily able to cancel our reservation and we found other accommodations in another neighborhood. The Arlington Suites and the neighborhood in general did not look nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LetsGo321
cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I recently stay at Arlington Suites while on a 2 week long business trip. I was extremely happy with the room. The kitchenette made it so I didn't have to eat out every meal. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The managment staff aren't stuffy 'suits' who are out of touch with their guests. They 2 I met, Brian and Gayle, were so helpful and humorous. They make it a fun place to be. I peeked into one of the rooms that they are remodeling and it was so beautiful. I would definately stay here again when I return to Charlotte. Thanks for a great traveling experience, Arlington Suites.

Room Tip: Check out their new renovated rooms! Beautiful
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business