“Friendly”

Aarcs Residence Suites
Ranked #149 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Although, the reviews are encouraging everyone not to stay at the hotel, I booked a reservation anyway. My stay was pleasant. The staff is friendly and whenever I needed anything maintenance took care of it. The property is older but it served its purpose which was to save money and take care of my needs

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Courtney D

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The place is scary, the rooms are dark, There are some type of burn marks all in the blankets, the sheets don't fit on the beds, the furniture is old and worn out, there are gangs of teen-agers running around all over the property, you hear guns shots at night and it just feels like somebody is going to burst in your room and trust and believe you have to go through all kinds of changes to get your deposit back. The Maids, room attendants or what ever you call them will tell a big lie on you if they get mad at you and get you put out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 282,872
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Wanted a quick and simple place to stay overnight when my friend and I were in town for a concert. The girl at the desk lost our reservation, our keys did not work, our door would not close, the wifi was broken, and the heat was not working. We ended up leaving the hotel at 3am and driving the 5 hours back home because it was either that or freeze. We would have been better off sleeping in the car. This place is inexpensive but not even worth the little it costs. Don't waste your money. because you'd be better off just throwing it away. Honestly a terrible place to stay. The worst I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank greenka466
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Worst hotel I have ever been. Dirty, dark and ugly. Sheets had pubic hair, kitchen had rotten wood cabinets, in front of a stained and very unpleasant bathroom. It is not worth the small price you pay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bianca F
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible. Bug infested and filthy. I took before and after photos when i cleaned it. If you want to waste your money go ahead... SKID ROW is calling. Carpets are nasty. Appliances don't work. You pay your room one day, you're locked out the next for non payment. The "manager"
Won't even acknowledge a customer when spoken to. All in all this dung heap deserves a half a star...

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank trafficbabe
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I planned a trip for Charlotte in August and booked a hotel at the Arlington Suites and instead was handed key cards to a whole in the wall. The room smelled like sweat and raid(bug spray). The bath tub/shower floor was literally BLACK. I was scared for my life. There was two police officers riding around in the parking lot, not a good sign for me. The air conditioning blew out hot while on the cool side and had a dirty smell to it. I finally called the desk after about 15 minutes and asked how to go about getting my money back and she said I couldn't because I had been in the room at least 10 minutes. Long story short I ended up getting my money back and finding a better room in uptown Charlotte for 5$ more than arlingtons rates.

I ONLY GAVE 1 STAR DUE TO THE FACT YOU HAVE TOO... THEY DESERVE NONE.
DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE...

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank KingJC2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I asked to see the room before they took my credit card. The website is deceptive, the rooms do not look like the pics on the website. They gave me the keys to 2 different rooms to compare. While walking from one room to the other I could smell urine in the hallways of one of the buildings. Excuse my language but I'm trying to keep it real for you. I drove 8 1/2 hours from Philadelphia to get down here to this. I had to scramble to find someplace to stay after that. Luckily I saw a Super 8 motel right around the corner and I ended up staying there. I will end up giving a review for that also. The lady at the front desk didn't even know that there was people staying in one of the rooms that she gave me a key to. Luckily it didn't work when I tried to enter. This place is a dump, just stay away.

Room Tip: Please ask to see the rooms first.