Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley
Ranked #7 of 182 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great Staff! knowledge of area!Location good, great places to eat within walking distance. If you want just to unwind and see a show, movie house in walking distance. Pool area clean and well kept. Access to major interstate very good. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts near, grocery nearby and just a few miles from Charlotte International Airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you, thank you for writing a review of your most recent stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it is always our pleasure to give you our best when staying with us! On behalf of the Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley, we would like to welcome you back for any future travels that will bring you back to the Charlotte area as it would be our pleasure to host you again!

David Cron

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a very new property, and the guest rooms reflect that fact as they are very clean and spacious. I was here for a business meeting, and it was perfect for someone without a car. There are several places to eat and drink within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing consistent superior service and ensuring that every guest stay is a pleasant one. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Charlotte!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I stayed at this property for one night in May 2013 while traveling through the area. The cost of the stay was covered through the use of HHonors points.

The property is situated in a mixed residential/commercial area south of downtown Charlotte. The immediate area has a few restaurants and cafes and appears to be very safe. Other eating establishments are available within a few miles.

The hotel appears to be fairly new and is most attractive. The exterior is well maintained, clean, neat and features more than adequate parking.

Upon my arrival I found check-in staff to be polite and efficient. The lobby area was clean, attractive and staff members were helpful. Elevator cabs were clean, neat and rarely was there a wait for service.

Interior hallways were clean, neat, well lit and and well maintained. The suite was found to be larger than that typically noted within the brand and well appointed. Bedding was of good quality and the spacious bath featured good amenities.

I took advantage of the breakfast buffet during my stay. I found it to be marginal. As compared to peer properties the selections were limited and it fell below expectations. This was in no way a "deal breaker" for my stay, simply an observation and comparison.

When my stay was complete check-out was quick and efficient. I was thanked for my business and invited back.

This is a solidly run property. Should the need arise, I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
David C, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that our team took great care of you throughout your stay and that your room exceeded expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to provide some sound feedback after your recent visit. Our team takes great pride in providing consistently superior customer service and I will certainly share your review during our next meeting. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks,

David Cron

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was in town for a funeral and I am very glad I chose the Homewood. Not only was the hotel clean, welcoming,and beautiful, but the staff was also amazing. Traveling with small children (1yr olds), The two room suites were perfect for our needs. The pool area and lobby were immaculate and pleasant. Also, the dinner and breakfast were very convienent and tasted wonderful! The chefs were great, and the rest of the staff was more than accomodating. The GM was wonderful as well, making sure all our needs were met and ready to help with anything we needed. It was truely a relief to have such a capable and friendly staff to make things so easy for us during this busy and stressful visit. I would definitely stay again and will recommend the Homewood to anyone staying in the Charlotte area. :)

Room Tip: The two room suites were beautiful and very convienent as we were traveling with small children. We...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our Homewood Suites Charlotte/Ayrsley. I am so glad that you were impressed with your accommodations and our staff. I am glad that you were also able to enjoy our amenities such as our complimentary breakfast buffet & our evening manager's reception. It really makes our team blush to hear words like “Immaculate”, “Wonderful”,& “Amazing”. Thanks again for the positive review and your kind words about our hotel and our staff.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was in Charlotte for job orientation and spent 4 days at the Homewood Suites. Checked in late on Sunday and was greeted by friendly staff, who offered me late checkout for Thursday my departure date. Had a very nice king bed suite that was clean and comfortable and was well maintained every day by housekeeping. The breakfast served daily was always tasty and kitchen staff polite and friendly. The quaint surrounding area had restaurants, pubs and theatres all within walking distance and the neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. Overall the stay was great and I encountered no problems with any aspect of the hotel and will definitely stay there on my next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel and your most recent stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed our breakfast and the amenities that the town of Ayrsley offers. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was in Charlotte for the weekend and could not have been happier with my stay from start to finish. I was greeted by name by the front desk and given keys to the room that I booked online. The room was fresh and clean upon my arrival and was cleaned daily by housekeeping very much up to par. The manager's happy hour and breakfast were very well done and would recommend them to everybody. The location was very well, just outside the city, but still close to attractions. I would definitely recommend this to family and friends and will be staying here on my next trip to Charlotte.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Reviewed 14 June 2013

As an Office Manager I feel extremely confident about our sales reps from out of town staying in the Homewood Suites at Ayrsely; the area is safe, making it ideal for evening walks to restaurants and other entertainment, staff is helpful and friendly, and the facilities are modern and beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
David C, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/Ayrsley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your kind review and our team is happy to hear that you had a great stay in Charlotte and in the Town of Ayrsley! We appreciate your recommendation and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business!