“Dynamic Duo saves the day”

The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar
Ranked #5 of 2,399 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Winnipeg
“Dynamic Duo saves the day”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I heard raves about this place - so I went and was very disappointed - my first time - the Surf and turf roll was ok - the chocolate milkshake (I ordered Chocolate, but got chocolate cake - which has dry packaged cake mix added to it - grossss) was terrible - the staff were great and removed it from the bill because I would not drink it. I kept thinking through the whole meal the woman next me (I sat at the bar) had a really great looking lunch - why was mine so terrible...
I did give the restaurant another try- thus time I ordered the avocada-tnui - which was great - and the Dynamic Duo burger which was the best burger I have ever had. It was amazing!-
Big tip if you are solo or just a pair - you can avoid the long wait - the bar is come and sit - and there was a free seat or two both times I visits, while larger parties were told 45 min to an hour wait for a table.

• Visited April 2014

Saline, Michigan
“Fun and yum”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a fun restaurant. Very upbeat with a wide variety of selections for everyone from meat eaters to sushi eaters.

• Visited June 2014
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Birthday Lunch ”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Second time visiting, the food is great but the atmosphere can feel very rushed. They open at a 11:00 am we arrived at 11:30 am and there was a line out the door. We opted to sit at the bar. Overall the food is great and it's a fun place but even if you tell them were in no rush and would order more as result they still moved at warp speed.

Indianapolis
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

While visiting Charlotte, my daughter and I headed to the mall to buy a few things. I noticed a strange named restaurant with a huge crowd outside. While she was shopping, I stepped inside to see what it was all about. It was a beautiful Saturday night, so the wait was 1 1/2 hours? I looked at the menu and said oh yeah. Cool thing is they take your cell # and will text you when the table was ready. After 1/2 hour, we came back and got a seat at the bar. We didn't wait 1 minute before we were greeted by 2 bartenders. It was comfortable even though it was packed.
We were seated in about an hour, but allowed us to wind down and have a glass of wine. Their wine list is extensive and so is their cocktail list. Buzzing crowd and good music made that hour go by quickly.
The menu is amazing. We both had great entree's and the service was fantastic. If you see negative posts, its because most people are impatient and don't feel "they should wait" for great food and even a better atmosphere. I highly recommend this place and for those that don't want to wait, there is a McDonalds right across the street, more room for us that appreciate great food and atmosphere!

• Visited May 2014
Greer, South Carolina
“Awesome sushi”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friend told me this was his favorite place for sushi, and he is right. It is phenomenal - the turfin surfer roll was the best roll we have ever had. We got there at noon on a Saturday and were lucky to find two seats at the sushi bar. There away a 30-45 minute wait for a table. The server was great in recommending rolls. We were In and out with enough time to make our appointment . Next time when we are in charlotte, , we will be back!

• Visited May 2014