“Would not go on New Year's again”

Howl at the Moon Charlotte
Ranked #2 of 101 Nightlife in Charlotte
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ready to Howl, Charlotte? Howl at the Moon is the #1 nightlife spot that’s keeping The Epicentre dancing! Part bar and part concert, Howl creates a non-stop party with live music performed in a high-energy setting. Get on the dance floor and join our talented musicians in rocking out to your favorite songs while trying our signature 86oz buckets of booze! You’ll hear everything from classic rock to hip-hop to pop. It’s the best nightlife in Charlotte has to offer! Howl at the Moon’s energetic and interactive setting creates the perfect atmosphere for any type of special events in Charlotte. It doesn’t matter if you’re celebrating a bachelorette party, birthday party, or planning a corporate event, any group event at Howl at the Moon is guaranteed to make for a memorable night. It’s the most fun you’ll have dancing and singing in Charlotte!
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We wanted to do something a little less this year. I had just had surgery so could not go dancing. We saw they were having a NYE party. We signed up for the VIP- 85.00 per person. Well that was not worth it. We had seats on the floor which were OK. When we got to our table there were only 2 hats and 2 noise makers. We we said something the manager or whoever said well, there is 1 item per person. REALLY....everyone wants to wear the cheap hats on NYE :). So anyway the buffet was just OK, I think the pasta and sauce came out of a can. We did get 3 drinks tickets each but drinks were way watered down so there was not much savings there. On the upside we had a great wait person who tried to be very accommodating and the entertainment was lots of fun. They were very good, lots of energy and knew any song you could throw at them . I would return but not on one of their pre-packaged deals.

1  Thank Tammy C

Reviewed 3 October 2013

When my friend suggested a piano bar, I must admit, I was not excited. I pictured a dimly lit room with a lounge-lizard type piano player. BOY WAS I WRONG! This place was wild and fun! Two fantastic piano players joined by the rest of the band played everything from old favorites to new pop and rock. While we were a little over-run with bacheloretts, it was a fantastic time! Drinks were well made and reasonably priced and you can request your favorite tune (be sure to include a tip!)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was a fun bar to go to.... the band was great playin different music no matter what genre. I had a great time!

3  Thank nattles84
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This place will give some excitement. If you are into piano bars, you would enjoy this one. I enjoyed watching the people. The musicians were good and played many different types of songs and played multiple instruments. Much dancing by the people.

2  Thank Todd V
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The dueling pianos didn't exactly "duel." That said, the talent was some of the best. I was highly impressed with the diverse range of music performed. The drink prices were high (a Corona was $5) but all together we had a very fun night!