“One night business stay”

HYATT house Charlotte Airport
Ranked #24 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Illinois
“One night business stay”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I chose this airport hotel because I had to fly out of Charlotte after a long day of meetings in the Asheville area. The front desk clerk was very friendly and quick, which I certainly appreciated! The lobby was simple but nice. The rooms are large and well appointed, but could use some updating (carpet especially). Breakfast was very good And I especially liked the coffee! Overall, I would give this hotel high marks and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank MLB33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My wife and I planned a one night getaway and our experience at this Hotel was wonderful.
Booking my Reservation was fast and easy and the Sales Manager whom I spoke with was very Professional and Friendly. Upon Check In and Check Out, both Front Desk Agents were very pleasant and extremely accommodating. Our Suite was outstanding! The Living Room offered a Sectional Couch with a Pull Out Sofa Bed and also include a Chaise. Two flat screen TV's, one in the Living Room was 42" and the other in the Bedroom was 37". The Suite was very clean and offered a full service Kitchen with a Dishwasher! Breakfast was awesome. Not a single complaint from either my wife or I and both of us will be back again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your excellent review! We are all very pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay here. Please let us know if you ever need another weekend getaway, we would be happy to host you!

Best regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here for business in early November. While I have been to Charlotte a few times, this was my first time here as most of the city was sold out due to a convention. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The exercise room was very nice, considering the size of this property. The hotel was clean, quiet and located near my work in a safe area. On the downside, this hotel is in desperate need of a upgrade/renovation. The walls and carpets in the halls are scuffed up from repeated wear. The air conditioner units and bathroom vents are full of dust and grime. The decor is straight out of the 1980's. The rooms are dark and depressing. While I appreciated the kind service I received, I was never happier then on my check out day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your total stay. I am sorry that our decor and style were not up to your standards. Please note however we will be changing from a Hyatt Summerfield to a Hyatt House over the next year. With that will bring a full hotel renovation from our Guest House, Guest Rooms, Outdoor Patio, and our Food and Beverage options.
Please keep us in mind the next time you come to town, we promise that we will keep the hotel clean and friendly for you!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I selected this property based upon the positive reviews posted on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed. The property is clean, quiet, safe, the breakfast is very good, the people are friendly.

One warning, the driver and the front desk attendant in the evening did not advise that in the morning the shuttle only runs on the hour to the airport. The driver did make a second run for me, but the morning desk clerk initially indicated that I would have to wait, which could have caused problems at the airport.

Other than this potential issue with the shuttle van, which only requires clear communication upon check in,

this property is superb!~

Room Tip: The hotel is already in a quiet area. Other than guests who create noise, any room should be fine!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bdsbjmin
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay overall, and I do apologize we did not communicate our shuttle policy to you. We have gone ahead and added the shuttle policy during our check in "Tour" of our hotel and we hope to make sure this problem does not occur again.
Thank you again, and please let us know if you need anything additional from us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come through Charlotte!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this mid-rise (5 floors) hotel not too far from the airport. The good: Parking lot is well lit and free. Main lobby is bright and cheerful, nicely decorated but stuffed chairs beginning to show wear. The staff is friendly. Interior hallways are well-lit with lights over each doorway. I had a 1 bedroom suite which was clean, roomy, 2 tv's, fridge, stovetop,dishes, coffeemaker, & dishwasher. The dark wood and dark carpet make the room seem a bit gloomy for my taste but there are enough lamps to brighten it up. Small workstation desk Bathrooms are small but functional. Breakfast is complimentary, basic foods but tasty with a variety of offerings - the muffins were delicious. Exercise room had adequate equipment for a quick workout. If you don't need a car, this hotel offers a free shuttle to/from airport. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on housekeeping since the housekeeper never came to tidy up our room or make the bed. In conclusion, this hotel serves well for both business and pleasure travelers. However, It could use an interior facelift - elevator is old and doors to rooms need updating.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for choosing our hotel, it was definitely a pleasure to host you here. Thank you for taking a moment to review our property and providing us with your feedback. You had mentioned that our hotel needed an interior facelift, and we are getting that very soon. I hope you think of us if you travel to the Charlotte area again as we would love to show you some of our new changes that we have coming!

Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This was my first visit to Charlotte in a very long time. I was not familiar with the airport market but decided to stay close enough without having to rent a car. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport within a timely manner. We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by Carol. She is a very friendly person and will do whatever she can to make your stay enjoyable.

All the rooms are suites which gives you plenty of space. We didn't come to Charlotte to stay in a hotel room all weekend but the room was very spacious, clean and has all the amenities you would need for a short or long stay. The only thing missing from the rooms is an oven. Otherwise, you could stay in this hotel comfortably and easily for 30 days.

I would have to say, the best surprise is the variety of hot items for breakfast. I did not know it was part of the price but was even more surprised by the quality of it. They also offer social hour during the week which includes a calendar in each suite as to what they are serving. You cannot go wrong if you are traveling alone or with a bunch of people.

Lastly, the hotel has a shuttle which goes within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. This is also a nice amenity which can get you to a fair amount of restaurants in the area.

I'll be back again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for the kind review, we really appreciate all of the feedback we get and enjoy the chance to show off a bit as well. I am glad you had the opportunity to try all of our amenities, we hope you keep us in mind if you plan to travel back to Charlotte.

Thanks again, and see you the next time around.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport in late August 2011. The facility, including the room, was very nice and comfortable. The one bedroom suite was good-sized with two good-sized flat screen TVs and mostly updated furnishings. The bed was good. The couch in the living area was not very comfortable (and definitely not the style of couch pictured on the hotel's website!). Some of the appliances in the room kitchenette were older, but all worked just fine. This hotel was very quiet and appeared mostly patronized by business travelers.

My one complaint is regarding the airport shuttle service and the van driver. After multiple phone calls to the hotel, it took 45 minutes for a pickup. I was finally picked up by a gentleman who appeared to not be in any sort of a hurry whatsoever. Upon pulling up to the airport curb, he sat in the van for a minute before getting out to help me. I actually had opened the rear door to put my own bag in the back of the van! Then, he turned out to be the scariest driver ever -- not aggressive, but overly passive and not in control. The van wavered out of the lane several times, and he would speed up as we approached traffic at a red light, then slam on the brakes. It was almost like he wasn't paying attention. This was not an enjoyable start to my stay. At check-in, the same man got me my room key card (everyone else was busy). I asked him if there was a shopping mall or restaurant nearby and he said no, as if he had no clue about the surrounding area. As I was walking away, what appeared to be a hotel maintenance worker who had witnessed that interaction came up to me and offered several tips for places to go. It was if he was trying to make up for the other guy's lack of helpfulness.

So overall, I give the hotel and room very high marks, but the one staffer I dealt with was not helpful and was the worst (scariest) van driver I've ever experienced in several years of business travel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a far walk. If you can't walk far distances, ask for a room near an elevat...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we truly value your input. We strive to make all aspects of your stay pleasant, and we were pleased that for the most part you enjoyed our hotel. Your shuttle ride however is very troubling to us. This is not the typical behavior or level of service we have to offer here, and would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding the incident. Please contact us here at the hotel, and ask for either Nina Shirk our General Manager, Nicole Neuendorf our Director of Guest Services, or myself as we would appreciate the opportunity to make this right for you. Please call us at 704-525-2600. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards,