“A great place to stay”

Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Sydney, Australia
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We arrived eary evening in Charlotte after travelling for over 20 hours from Australia and were greeted at the airport by the hotel's free shuttle bus. A short drive and we arrived at the hotel and quickly checked in. Our 2 bedroom suite was very roomy and had everything we needed including 2 bathrooms. Comfy beds and a small kitchen area completed the package. We awoke to the most delicious breakfast and after a month of travelling in the USA , no other hotel came close to matching it for quality and variety. The breakfast area was a nice setting to start the day, and the hotel staff were always helpful and friendly.
If we ever visit Charlotte again we would definitely return.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is great for a family of 52
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on Dec 25, 2011 on our way to Disney, the front desk staff were very friendly and nice. The linens were fresh and clean, room was spacious. My son loved the sofa bed in the living room and he had a good night of sleep! Breakfast was good, engough items to choose from. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

When I booked this hotel I expected that being a Busty it would be nice. Instead it is old and shabby. There are carvings on the walls, room smells like smoke, and poorly Li. Also, room hadn't been swept. The staff was nice though. A Holiday Inn would be nicer.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank disney78
Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I chose this airport hotel because I had to fly out of Charlotte after a long day of meetings in the Asheville area. The front desk clerk was very friendly and quick, which I certainly appreciated! The lobby was simple but nice. The rooms are large and well appointed, but could use some updating (carpet especially). Breakfast was very good And I especially liked the coffee! Overall, I would give this hotel high marks and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank MLB33
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My wife and I planned a one night getaway and our experience at this Hotel was wonderful.
Booking my Reservation was fast and easy and the Sales Manager whom I spoke with was very Professional and Friendly. Upon Check In and Check Out, both Front Desk Agents were very pleasant and extremely accommodating. Our Suite was outstanding! The Living Room offered a Sectional Couch with a Pull Out Sofa Bed and also include a Chaise. Two flat screen TV's, one in the Living Room was 42" and the other in the Bedroom was 37". The Suite was very clean and offered a full service Kitchen with a Dishwasher! Breakfast was awesome. Not a single complaint from either my wife or I and both of us will be back again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your excellent review! We are all very pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay here. Please let us know if you ever need another weekend getaway, we would be happy to host you!

Best regards,

Matt Allen
Director of Sales
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed here for business in early November. While I have been to Charlotte a few times, this was my first time here as most of the city was sold out due to a convention. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The exercise room was very nice, considering the size of this property. The hotel was clean, quiet and located near my work in a safe area. On the downside, this hotel is in desperate need of a upgrade/renovation. The walls and carpets in the halls are scuffed up from repeated wear. The air conditioner units and bathroom vents are full of dust and grime. The decor is straight out of the 1980's. The rooms are dark and depressing. While I appreciated the kind service I received, I was never happier then on my check out day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your total stay. I am sorry that our decor and style were not up to your standards. Please note however we will be changing from a Hyatt Summerfield to a Hyatt House over the next year. With that will bring a full hotel renovation from our Guest House, Guest Rooms, Outdoor Patio, and our Food and Beverage options.
Please keep us in mind the next time you come to town, we promise that we will keep the hotel clean and friendly for you!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I selected this property based upon the positive reviews posted on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed. The property is clean, quiet, safe, the breakfast is very good, the people are friendly.

One warning, the driver and the front desk attendant in the evening did not advise that in the morning the shuttle only runs on the hour to the airport. The driver did make a second run for me, but the morning desk clerk initially indicated that I would have to wait, which could have caused problems at the airport.

Other than this potential issue with the shuttle van, which only requires clear communication upon check in,

this property is superb!~

Room Tip: The hotel is already in a quiet area. Other than guests who create noise, any room should be fine!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bdsbjmin
matthew_allen30, Director of Sales at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay overall, and I do apologize we did not communicate our shuttle policy to you. We have gone ahead and added the shuttle policy during our check in "Tour" of our hotel and we hope to make sure this problem does not occur again.
Thank you again, and please let us know if you need anything additional from us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come through Charlotte!

Matt Allen