“Will stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Toronto, Canada
“Will stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the second time and I will be staying there again and again.
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND VERY CO OPERATIVE STAFF .
Thank you Hotels.com once again for providing a good hotel with affordable prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacqueline B, Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a positive response. We have tremendous staff members that truly care about all of our guest and we love when guest notice it as well. We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This must have been the worst night I had in a hotel for a long time. On arrival things were actually looking good, since we got "upgraded" to a better suite. The suite had to bedrooms so we could chose the one we wanted. So we thought at least, since in one room there was not way to turn on the lights. None of the lamps would work.

In general the rooms were big, but the bed, lamps and furniture quite old. This hotel needs an overhaul. Funny enough there were three massive new flatscreen TVs in the rooms of the suite. Just wondering where the priorities are. Generally I am looking for a good night sleep, not a TC marathon night.

Now to an incident the hotel cannot do anything against. Turned out, that some drunk person was throwing up in the corridor leading to our room. Obviously not the hotel's fault. I reported it to the reception and I literally said: "Someone was throwing up ALL ALONG the corridor on level three". This was exactly what I said, since there were multiple spots along the corridor. When walking through the corridor a little bit later, the first spot next to the elevator was cleaned and a yellow sign placed there. However, they did not check the rest of the corridor even though the other spots where hard to miss. Now that was very poor.

To top things off, we had problems at the checkout. We initially were looking for a hotel in downtown Charlotte, since we wanted to continue by Amtrak train the next morning. However, since all hotels seemed booked out we ended up at this airport hotel. The hotel shuttle did not want to take us, because the train station was out of its radius. I am wondering though why they could not have made an exception, since we were traveling with a toddler as well. Anyways, we had to take a taxi and I asked the reception to order a taxi before going to bed. I explicitly said I wanted a car with baby seat. Needless to say that the taxi which was waiting for us in the morning did not have a baby seat and also did not know that we were traveling with a baby. After some confusion and discussion the hotel gave the taxi driver a baby seat to drive us to the train station.

Overall a bad night with a whole string of misfortunes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fere0010
Wantagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip...rooms definitely a little tired and worn but everything else made up for it. the front desk staff couldn't have been better....sorry I didn't get all the names but Carol made us feel so welcome like we were coming home at night...and another gentlemen who was so sweet...we were actually sad leaving him this morning when we checked out.
bkfst pretty good...free happy hour 530-700 mon thru thu definitely very nice.
Would recommend and would also stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacqueline B, Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt House Charlotte Airport It sounds like we met and exceeded your expectations during stay with us here in Charlotte.
I'm glad you took the time to write this wonderful review, I have truly enjoyed reading it. Our staff here at the Hyatt is what makes this place so wondeful, I will be sure to pass along your nice note to our entire staff. We are set to begin a total renovation beginning December 1, 2013. We hope that you will be able to come see us again soon. Best regards.
Charleston,SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel is very nice. Great rooms, friendly staff, excellent transportation to the airport. We did book it because it listed a hot tub on site. When we got to the hot tub we found that the jets did not work. When I talked to the front desk staff I was told the maintenance man said that that was the way it was supposed to be. The thing is there is a dial to turn on the jets and obvious jet outputs in the tub. I have never heard anyone say that a hot tub is supposed to be just a tub of hot water. Even the guy at the front desk rolled his eyes when he relayed to me what the maintenance guy had said.
Also at 9pm while by the pool 4 large men dressed in street clothes (backward hats, gold chains, baggy pants) came in the pool area to scoop the caterpillars out of the pool. Which was very uncomfortable.
This site has the potential of being a great hotel but they have serious maintenance staff issues to iron out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nina S, Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Good afternoon! Thank you for sharing your views on our property, any comments, either positive or negative help us improve our service for all of our guests! I appricate you taking the time to let me know about the hot tub so I can look into why only some of the jets are working. We do recognize that our property has some areas of wear and we are eagerly looking forward to a renovation beginning in the fall to address these concerns. Thank you again for sharing your viewpoints and hopefully we will see you again in the future!
Roan Mountain, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 nights. Carol at the front desk was friendly and remembered my name throughout my stay. She is wonderful and made small talk with me as I was checking in. She definitely deserves to be recognized because believe me after driving 3 hours a pleasant smile and demeanor is exactly what I needed :) My hotel room was terrific. It was a huge suite with 2 bedrooms (1 king 2 queens queen sleeper sofa), 2 bathrooms, living room, and kitchen. The kitchen was stocked with everything you would need and if it didn't, I'm pretty sure all you have to do is ask. There were nightly snack hours m-thurs.....I didn't get to go but the menu was hanging in the room. I did eat breakfast every morning. I ate eggs, ham, and french toast....orange juice to drink. It wasn't that crowded at all either. This is an exceptional hotel but the customer service made it over the top.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a positive review of our hotel. I enjoyed reading your comments about our service and amenities. I will be sure to share your comment with Carol. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.
haarlemmermeer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

arrived by rental car from Charlotte airport, which took 10min. hotel is a bit isolated with only a kangeroo gas station across the street and one restaurant within the embassy suites next door. location however is quiet and safe. our suite had 2rooms with 2doubles in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the "living room" with a huge flat screen hd-tv offering tons of (cable-) channels.
bathroom was very small though. kitchen area with coffee- and tea facilities, microwave and fridge, all very decent and clean. evening social offering pizza and salad plus 2 draft beers including yuengling and miller lite, if I'm not mistaking, plus white and red wine and soft drinks. the bar area was hosted by a nice lady, tipping welcome. restaurant/lobby area is huge with plenty of seating connected to outdoor garden- and pool area which is actually quite beautiful. pool was very clean. breakfast was quiet rich and included sausages and scrambled eggs. all in all a very pleasent stay and I would always return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel about your most recent stay with us! It is wonderful to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed our breakfast, social and amenities. Thank you again for your feedback and we will see you on your next visit.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here for a 3 nights. Wonderful staff. Nice, clean, comfortable rooms. I had a one bedroom with a kitchenette, and bath. Flat screen TV's in bedroom and living room. The kitchenette was fully equipped. Free wifi that didn't need a code, hooked right up. There is an outdoor pool, and a gym that seemed busy most of the time, and a business center with access to computers.
Nice breakfast included. The usual eggs and pancakes, but also lots of fresh fruit and cereal choices. The buffet was always hot and freshly stocked. In the evenings there are free beer and wine with snacks between 5 and 730 pm on Mondays through Thursdays.
The hotel was always well maintained and clean. It was a pleasure to return after a long day and know you could relax. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nina S, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for your comprehensive review of our property; it was certainly a pleasure to read all your positive comments on our amenities. I am glad you took the time to write this wonderful review, I truly enjoyed reading it. We hope you can stay with us again next trip.