“new for us”

HYATT house Charlotte Airport
Ranked #35 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After staying at the same place for years when visiting the Charlotte area we decided to try someplace new.We were very pleased with our choice and will definitely be staying here again.Our first impression was with how we were greeted,Carol at the desk made us feel very welcome.We then went to our room to find a recently remodeled room.The room was very clean,quiet and spacious.Plenty of on site parking and close to the city and airport.Breakfast is included and is very typical for hotel fare,eggs,bacon sausage,bisquits and gravy along with cold cereals and fruit and beverages.We would definitely suggest staying here if visiting the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelGM4920, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Welcome home to the newly renovated Hyatt House Charlotte Airport! Thank you for trying us out for the first time. I’m pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable. All of our 136 spacious guest rooms have undergone a complete renovation and update to the newest furniture and appliances. Everything you need to make a one-night or extended stay enjoyable is at your fingertips. From our airport shuttle service, to the complimentary continental breakfast, our team works hard to ensure you stay exceeds expectations. Thank you for your comments regarding Carol. I will be sure to share them with her. Sincerely, Cliff Weber, General Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Shower dirty, whole room needs a good cleaning. First room air conditioner not working at all so we moved rooms. 2 hours later carpet was wet half way into the room. We just lived with it so we wouldn't have to move again. Not sure who is writing the good reviews but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sabennetts

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all comments as a way to continually improve our service and accommodations. I am very sorry your room was not up to our usual standards of cleanliness and maintenance. We generally score high in these areas and I apologize for your room not having made the grade. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance Chief so that they may both be more diligent in inspecting our rooms. I do hope you will try us again to show you our true caliber of service. Sincerely, Cliff Weber, General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff is great, the rooms are updated and nice.

Breakfast is usually eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes or french toast, and of course your cereals and typical pastries.

I have stayed there more than once and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
HotelGM4920, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

I’m pleased your most recent stay was enjoyable as always. Our guest room renovations are complete and we will have our new HBar open by mid-June. We are also updating our breakfast and adding a fresh made omelet station to set us apart from other hotel brands.
Our team works hard to provide the best in service and accommodations. Thank you for being a frequent guest and we look forward to your next visit. Welcome home! Cliff Weber, General Host

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It was a spur of the moment trip and we called late but they had two rooms. There was construction, BUT it was unbelievably clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly, helpful and SINCERE. I would recommend staying here and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelGM4920, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

During our renovation, we have worked diligently to have as little guest disruption as possible. Our rooms and corridors are now complete and our lobby design changes to accommodate the new HBar and restaurant will begin shortly. I appreciate your comment about the sincerity of our team. They work hard to ensure we deliver the best in service and quality each day. I look forward to having you back in “your” house on your next visit to the area. Welcome Home! Cliff Weber, General Host.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

All the rooms are recently renovated, and our suite felt modern and clean. However, the staff doesn't seem to know some important details. I called the night before my trip, to ask if the pool was open for the season yet. The desk worker said no, but when I arrived it was clearly open and well used. Then I realized I forgot my cell phone charger. A sign on the front desk listed phone chargers as part of the equipment available to borrow. When I asked for one, neither desk worker had any idea that such a program existed and was unable to help me.

I'd still stay here again, the location and room were perfect for us, but I was still a bit disappointed in the service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I’m very sorry if there was miscommunication regarding our pool. The pool and hot tub are currently closed until Memorial Weekend. I am aware of some guests using the lounge chairs, but that was a special request for a group. We will also follow up with additional training for our gallery hosts that you spoke with regarding the charger. This is a program that all hosts should be aware of but as with any company, continued training is always helpful. We are also in the process of adding additional charges to our stock. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Sincerely, Cliff Weber, General Host.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I would definitely stay here again! I loved the room or "rooms". The beds were super comfy. The décor was really nice. Loved having 2 tvs. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous! The woman at the front desk was super sweet and extremely helpful, LOVED her! I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our newly renovated rooms feature completely new furniture, fixtures, beds, and equipment. Unlike a lot of “studio” suites, our one and two bedroom suites offer privacy from the living space and each room has its own TV. This makes family travel a breeze! Welcome home to your house! Cliff Weber, GM Host.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Base review should be a 3, however that's because the hotel is currently under renovation, so it looks like they're trying to improve. We had one of the recently-renovated rooms, so everything was new and clean, could not ask for more EXCEPT that the seals in the large double-pane windows were broken, so they were cloudly. The hotel should really be sure the windows are replaced, as this ruins the entire feel of the rooms - they'll never look clean and gross you out. Of course, we were awoken to the sounds of construction, but again, it's to make the hotel better.

The breakfast spread was good, better than at Hyatt Places. The location is kind of crappy re: walking to anthing nearby, but good if you need the airport. It's on a main drag, were you have to get into the car to go anywhere (typical of an airport location, but note there's a Hyatt Place with a restaurant in the parking lot nearby).

Fitness center was interior (no windows) with like three machines I think. Pretty poor especially for a hotel that caters to long-term clients.

Rates were very competitive. Given the large size of the room, we'd likely stay here again, hoping that the renovations are completed well.

Parking is free, spots are tight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelGM4920, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us during our renovation. We sincerely appreciate your patronage during this time and we have worked hard to keep guest inconvenience to a minimum. I do apologize for construction noise issues. Again, we limit the scope and times they are permitted to work to allow our guests the relaxation they anticipate when coming to a hotel.
We have replaced some guest room and common area foggy windows and are continuing to work through the process. All other guest room renovations are complete and we look forward to finishing the last of the lobby and bar changes very soon.
Our fitness center is complete with the exception of changing our flooring. All equipment has been fully checked out and is in great operating condition, offering 2 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike and 2 elliptical machines. Our side window looks out over the patio and pool area, which will be a great place to relax in front of the fire pit! Welcome home to your new Hyatt Place! Cliff Weber, GM