DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte
“Very average”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hot/cold water faucets were switched in the bathroom(s) vanities. I ran the cold water several minutes before discovering this. The maid ran the dishwasher every day even though we did not use any dishes. I was disappointed that neither wi-fi or breakfast came with the room. I'll not make that mistake again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Loganville Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here because a workshop my daughter was attending was here. Our room was very clean and beds very comfy. My only complaint would be the $9.95 per device internet charge. We did not use this because we were not in our room that much anyway since only there for 1 night. But that seemed crazy to me. I did use the free wifi downstairs and it was awful. I asked them what if I pay for the wifi would it be any better and I was told no. So I would have been upset if I paid for wifi in the room and then could not stay connected or watch Hulu or Netflix.
They did have a business area where I was able to access my email and print out some stuff I needed at no cost, so that was nice. So I rate this hotel a 4 but if they had free wifi for rooms and it was good connection it would have gotten a 5. Everyone we dealt with at hotel was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel was very nice and centrally located to shopping and the city center. The suites are spacious and well designed/furnished. I did not eat at the hotel but did use the fitness center which I found to be a bit small but functional for cardio workouts. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers based on the price but not for leisure travel unless it was a special event.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Scott M
Raleigh
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel was clean and easy to get to. Parking is a little out of the way so there is a little bit of a walk to get from your car to your room. Not complaining about free parking, though. This part of Charlotte is classic upscale suburbia.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Gordon B
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business, the rooms are huge and basically everything works fine. Its right next to the South Park mall which is an expensive mall. There's some other restaurants and a supermarket if you walk 5-10 mins.

The only trouble I had was with the breakfast, there was a carton of milk that had curdled and gone off. When I pointed it out to the waiter, he took it away but didn't bother to check if any of the other cartons were also out of date. I went back the next morning and spotted several more that were well out of date. I thought this was quite poor/idiotic.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hatsumomo7
Charlotte
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Checked in on Thursday for a two-night, sisters birthday get-away. Waited an inordinate time (25 mins) in line before finally having my turn to check-in. Once to the person, they were apologetic and offered some adjustments when he realized he was not going to be able to meet either of my "prior to arrival" requests of, either a room with a balcony or a first floor room near the courtyard. Despite the wait and lack of filling requests, I left the front desk feeling pretty good about the whole encounter. Had a nice evening in the Bankers Lounge watching Thursday night football and eating. Retired to our suite about 10:30 ready to get a good night's sleep only to begin, about 11, to hear what sounded like furniture being moved, or full luggage carts being pushed against walls on the floor above, with doors being slammed very loudly. This continued for at least 3 hours. Each time we thought it had ended, it would start up again. It was loud, maddening, and definitely sleep disrupting. We all finally fell into an exhausted sleep by about 2:30 or 3:00 and consequently, find our day today greatly hampered by a lack of sleep and hence, energy. I realize hotels cannot always control completely the noise made by rude, thoughtless patrons with little consideration for others. Just hate it has had such a detrimental effect on what is a long awaited sisters get-away. One very bright note are the warm chocolate chip cookies.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and we are working to correct these issues in order to ensure that our hotel’s environment continues to be conducive to our guests’ satisfaction.

We hope you will consider staying with us the next time your plans bring you to Charlotte.

Joanie Kastl
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The reservationist was very. Upon check in the guy basically was telling me that he was doing me a favor for holding my room even though I resereved it weeks in advance. He also had a very nasty persona in the presence of other guest which is very unprofessional and unnessesary.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are sorry to hear about your experience checking into our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience a most pleasant one. We have used your feedback for coaching purposes with our team members.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to assist you when your plans bring you back to Charlotte.

Joanie Kastl