“Slightly below average Doubletree”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Asheville, North Carolina
“Slightly below average Doubletree”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a week traveling for business. The biggest pro for this hotel is the location. The staff was also friendly. Room service food was good. Cons- There were ALWAYS employees out back smoking near the parking deck. I would not like to be in the rooms above them. The hallways... Are beyond long. Something straight out of a movie. I included a picture. Only 1 vending machine for 4 floors? No worries because you will work off your candy bar walking back to your room. They have the 3rd floor labeled "Hilton Honors" floor. No difference in any other rooms or floors that I noticed. Just a marketing play if you ask me. Probably would not stay again. - HHonors member

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ANCBanker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Burlington, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

One of the reasons I chose to stay in a suite was to have kitchen facilities. There were no small plates and minimum silverware. I requested a toaster three times before it finally arrived at 4 a.m. Upon using the toaster ( price $8.00?) , the smoke detector went off each time (twice). Both times the front desk called. The first time I was told that they would send someone to my room - no one ever arrived. Second time they said they would send someone to my room - I told them to forget it.Asked that USA today be delivered outside of my room - only the first day was it delivered. Considering the expense, it was a very disappointing stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

SouthParkSuites, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Joanie Kastl
Boise, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Everything was perfect. Rooms were clean and quite. Bed and pillows were oh so comfortable. And I went to the desk to make certain we were given the right room. I couldn't believe we would get such a lovely and large room for the price we paid.

1 Thank Janet V
Rock Hill, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is lovely; however, when I made the reservations I asked for, and was told I received, a suite w/ 2 bedrooms, 2 queens in one and a king in the other. On check in, the rooms we received had a king in each and, with 3 people, one of us had to sleep on the pull out sofa. When I called the front desk no effort at all was made to rectify the situation. I was simply told that this was the room we had reserved. Also, the heating system was extremely loud, sounded like an alarm, and we woke up every time the system came on, which was fairly often. The breakfast was very good, and included in our stay which was nice. We did have a balcony, but overlooked the parking garage, not the courtyard as advertised on the web site. We did enjoy our stay, but for the amount we spent on the room for just one night, I have to say I was disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced inconveniences with the type of suite you received. This is not typical of our hotel. Your feedback is most important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and our level of service.

Joanie Kastl

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice hotel, but very disjointed layout. Parking was adequate. Great location for the Meetup Group I was attending. Cookie was very nice. Little disappointed that the pool was closed. Excellent value for what I paid.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Charlotte
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hot/cold water faucets were switched in the bathroom(s) vanities. I ran the cold water several minutes before discovering this. The maid ran the dishwasher every day even though we did not use any dishes. I was disappointed that neither wi-fi or breakfast came with the room. I'll not make that mistake again.

Loganville Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here because a workshop my daughter was attending was here. Our room was very clean and beds very comfy. My only complaint would be the $9.95 per device internet charge. We did not use this because we were not in our room that much anyway since only there for 1 night. But that seemed crazy to me. I did use the free wifi downstairs and it was awful. I asked them what if I pay for the wifi would it be any better and I was told no. So I would have been upset if I paid for wifi in the room and then could not stay connected or watch Hulu or Netflix.
They did have a business area where I was able to access my email and print out some stuff I needed at no cost, so that was nice. So I rate this hotel a 4 but if they had free wifi for rooms and it was good connection it would have gotten a 5. Everyone we dealt with at hotel was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Charlotte hotels
Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Courtyard Charlotte SouthPark
#67 of 178 in Charlotte
Residence Inn Charlotte SouthPark
Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
#58 of 178 in Charlotte

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark? Share your experiences!