“One of Charlottes very Best”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark
Ranked #27 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
New York, New York, United States
“One of Charlottes very Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

this is my second stay at The Doubletree in Southpark. Again this hotel doesnt fail to meet my expectations. I travel a great deal around the country and around the world. this is one of only two hotels that feels like home when i arrive.The staff is friendly , attentive and warm. i have yet to hear anyone utter the word no, what I hear more often then not is a solution,a helpful reccomendation. the accomedations are comfortable, i am able to entertain clients , friends and family with ease. the this property and staff are a perfect reflection of southern charm and hospitality. The property is within walking distance of the southpark mall and some great dining. Perfect area. there is a hertz rental agent on site so renting a car was a breeze!!! I am looking forward to my next trip to charlotte, for sure I will be booking at the doubletree in southpark

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Karina C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I travel to Charlotte for business (new job) - my manager booked me here the 1st trip & I LOVED it! So when I learned if be back I couldn't wait to rebook. This trip - VERY disappointing. I was "upgraded" to the HHonors level. First, I wasn't provided the complimentary wifi I was given the last time... Secondly, I requested a room like my previous room. I was put on the back of the building. Third, I was enjoying the patio and look up to see 3 VERY VERY large spiders (were talking BIG) - and webs everywhere!! There were more poking their legs out I between where the patio ceiling met the brick. I am TERRIFIED of spiders!! And lastly, I walk down stairs this morning to find a sweet lady crying. I asked her if she was ok and if I could get someone for her.... She replied that she walked out to find that her car was not only broken into, but also driven!!!
I like the location of this hotel, literally can walk to Southpark... But as a female, traveling solo, this made me feel VERY unsafe. Along with the spiders - I will be booking my business travel elsewhere in the future!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rol7777
SouthParkSuites, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Charlotte - SouthPark, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your review. Let me start by apologizing for the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. This is not our normal practice, as we strive to make every guest experience a great one. We are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations this time.
Your input is most valuable. Rest assured, we’ve addressed these issues with our teams and have put the necessary actions in place to improve our process.

We really appreciate your additional input, that our hotel is in a great SouthPark location. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future when your plans bring you back to Charlotte.

Joanie Kastl
Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was the best hotel stay I have ever experienced. Sammy at the front desk was awesome! The other staff was wonderful too but he stood out above the rest. While checking in, I asked Sammy what was going on after seeing all people walking into the park area next door with blankets/chairs. He informed me that the Charlotte Symphony was playing in the park that night. There was a room available with a balcony overlooking the park area and he offered it at check in so that I could watch the symphony from my room. Talk about customer service! It was such a great treat to receive after driving about 8 hours. He was kind enough to ask me the next day when he saw me, whether or not I had enjoyed it. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and immaculately kept. The room was awesome; I couldn't have asked for anything more. I have to attend another round of training classes and have booked my stay at this hotel. Aside from going to class, I can’t wait to get there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Kristi F
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We only stayed overnight, but crammed some swimming & visiting in the beautiful pool area, a couple meals in the dining room and "walk-about" the facility. Our suite was very pleasant; we both slept soundly. Suggest moving full length mirror to wall in bedroom; area by closet/bathroom very cramped. Also corner of foyer rather bare. Nice having mini kitchen. Would recommend others to stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great stay at this hotel . The rooms are large and beds are comfortable. The hotel facilities are nice but we did not use pool or gym . Good breakfast buffet and friendly wait staff. Reasonable prices. Good location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CHARLOTTE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception at the DoubleTree. I cannot say enough good things about our experience there in general, and specifically about Jon Osborne, the event planner/director. He is so very accommodating and attentive to detail and could answer all of our questions and concerns and kept everybody calm!
The DoubleTree has everything you need in the way of "celebration" space: a pretty pavilion with a very nice courtyard area, nice ballroom, good food; very attractive lobby areas and wonderful suite rooms for yourself and/or your guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diane C
Northport, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was surprised that a complimentary breakfast was not provided, not even a muffin. It was disappointing. We had one cup of coffee each in our room and had to stop at McDonald's to get some breakfast. Other than that, the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family